A MASSIVE thanks goes to @hunteditor for this. I haven't been around XDA much these past few weeks and haven't made a new thread for the U-ROM. It has been long overdue. He took on the annoyance of modifying the instructions and download links to work.
People ask if they can root this Rom. The answer is yes, but why would you want to? You get all the benefits of rooting and still have official status. Plus, you get the outstanding battery life of a non-rooted S7.
An Explanation of what this is. I have found a way to manipulate system files on a stock rom and not loose system official status. This Allows Samsung Pay and all safetynet checking apps to function. This Rom is not rooted just modified.
Choose From Total Stock Rom
Choose From Debloted Rom 70 Apps Removed
Choose From BS Free Over 120 Apps Removed
Choose PlayStore Rom Over 120 Apps Removed Plus All Samsung Apps Replaced With Google Apps
Visual Voice Mail
Working Hotspot For Unlimited Data Customers
Samsung Pay Working
Samsung Cloud Storage
Native Call Recording With Automatic Call Recording Feature
Device Maintenance Enabled
International Settings Layout
Ad Host Blocking
KeyLight Duration Settings
Phone Testing Menu For System Selection Control
Stock Kernel So No Lag
Status bar mods
Wifi/signal bar mods
Color change icon mod
Gif in notification drop-down
Change/remove carrier names
And much more...
Latest FlashFire APK
Nougat_S7_Root_2_81_All_Carriers_V2.zip – thanks jrkruse
S7 Nougat root kernel
Install Instructions From Any Build:
Warning: This will wipe your device. Some of these instructions are redundant, but they will ensure that everything goes as planned. If you don’t follow them to the T, don’t complain.
1) Unzip G930UUEU4BQD2_G930UOYM4BQD2_VZW.zip. Boot the phone into download mode (volume down, home, and power) then flash all four files (BL, AP, CP, and HOME_CSC) with ODIN. The phone will reboot into recovery and throw an error. Reboot into download mode and reflash HOME_CSC again. – Thanks @thefirst__noel
2) Don’t bother logging into any accounts, as the phone will get wiped again. Copy the FlashFire.apk, AP_G930UUEU4BQD2_CL10860000_QB13198947_REV02_user_ low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta.tar.md5, and UFirm_Multi_Carrier_Hybrid_NoNaMe_PlayStore_BS_Fre e_V14_VZWS7FLAT.zip to Internal Storage. – Thanks @appye
3) Make sure secure boot is turned off!!! Shut off the phone and boot into download mode (volume down, home, and power). Flash the S7 Nougat root kernel in the AP slot in Odin.
4) When the phone reboots, unlock developer options and enable USB debugging. Unzip the S7_SU_2_79_Root_Unroot_WO_Tweaks.zip and run root.bat from your PC. May need to right-click and run as administrator.
5) Now install FlashFire. In FlashFire, select add Flash Firmware Package and choose AP_G930UUEU4BQD2_CL10860000_QB13198947_REV02_user_ low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta.tar.md5 and make sure all partitions are checked.
Then add Flash Zip or OTA and choose UFirm_Multi_Carrier_Hybrid_NoNaMe_PlayStore_BS_Fre e_V14_VZWS7FLAT.zip and tap mount system when FlashFire asks.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: MAKE SURE TO UNCHECK INJECT ROOT AFTER ADDING THE ZIP! – Thanks @dclutter1
Click Add Wipe and choose Wipe Dalvik Cache and Cache and choose Format Cache Also select wipe SuperSU image. Make sure wipe is at end of flash sequence. The sequence should be AP file first then Zip second and Wipe cache last.
6) The phone will restart and FlashFire will flash the firmware first, then the Aroma Installer will start.
7) In Aroma, select wipe ALL data (DO NOT KEEP SU) – See notes below.
8) The phone will say custom status on first boot, but it goes away after setup and reboot.
The phone may take up to 20 minutes to boot the first time, so be patient.
If you reflash the ROM, you must flash the AP file in FlashFire at the same time.
* Do not use Package Disabler Pro if you choose NoNaMe mods in Aroma.
* If you are installing the S8 apps, you may run into force closes. Your best bet is to pull down on the notification panel, click the settings button, and go into applications and clear data for everything that is force closing. If you keep data, you may run into issues with Advanced Calling and other features. Keep data at your own risk. If you don’t wipe data, then please don’t post issues in the thread.
* I was able to keep my settings and data by choosing keep data in Aroma and still passed SafetyNet. I can’t guarantee that this will work for everyone, but you can try if you want. This probably will not work if you are coming from MM. If you decide to take this route and have issues, do a full wipe and reinstall before posting any problems.
* If you get constant application errors saying "IMS service has stopped" and "com.sec.epdg has stopped", boot into recovery using the Power+VolUp+Home combination. You will likely get a "No command" error screen. Let it on that screen (30-60 seconds) and it will eventually go into the recovery menu. Wipe data and cache in recovery. – thanks paul.miner
THANKS AND CREDITS
@jds3118 for testing and providing files and bootlooping his phone countless times for me
Gharrington for his awesome 3minitbattery mod...
NoNaMe rom development team for their incredible mods and rom control app...
@malbert16442 for his black themes
Xda for all the great guides to accomplish this...