Possible to unlock LTE Band 12 on G930V?

Search This thread

MrBaltazar

Oct 28, 2014
Seattle
I know in the past on older Samsung devices (S5, etc) there was a way to unlock more LTE bands on the Qualcomm based devices.. I have a Verizon S7 and I'd like to upgrade this unit to a Note 7. I want to use the S7 on my AT&T SIM card. AT&T uses band 17 and band 12 primarily but the G930v doesn't support the band out of the box.

Is it possible to unlock the other LTE bands on the G930v?

Thanks in advance

DarkMidnight

Sep 21, 2010
Pittsburgh
Flashing a different firmware for different model on your device will brick your device, baseband cannot be unlocked, it's hardware difference between phones and cannot be changed

False.

Flash the SM-930U and profit. Take a peek at these two posts, particularly the second one.

Reference: http://xdaforums.com/verizon-s7-edge/how-to/guide-flashing-sm-935u-firmware-verizon-t3415145
Reference (2): http://xdaforums.com/verizon-galaxy-s7/how-to/success-lte-band-17-att-mvno-g930v-t3437805

Reactions: charter3554

MrBaltazar

Oct 28, 2014
Seattle

I did flash the 930U and it worked just fine. Unlocked the LTE band just fine as well. I now have an unbranded S7 running AT&T full LTE coverage.

That is actually my post, lol.

DarkMidnight

Sep 21, 2010
Pittsburgh
Flashing a different firmware for different model on your device will brick your device, baseband cannot be unlocked, it's hardware difference between phones and cannot be changed

I did flash the 930U and it worked just fine. Unlocked the LTE band just fine as well. I now have an unbranded S7 running AT&T full LTE coverage.

That is actually my post, lol.

Wow...I am dense. Good show lol

jonathonparker

Oct 1, 2010
Start LA
I just tried to flash this and got the following error on my phone and odin failed.

SW REV CHECK FAIL : [aboot]Fused 4 > Binary 2
[1]eMMC write fail: aboot

Any ideas??

Top Liked Posts