FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][STOCK] 3.18.605.13 | AROMA | ROOT | NO-ROOT | DEBLOAT | OREO

12,467 posts
Thanks Meter: 23,592

By santod040, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 1st January 2017, 12:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from santod040: Updated to Android 8.0 Oreo Base: 3.16.605.13

Android 8.0 OREO

STOCK ROM
3.18.605.13 9.0_g release-keys

The purpose of this, is to bring you a "STOCK" like experience, as HTC and Verizon intended, with the latest security updates and fixes included.

I've included a few Aroma options for your choosing:

- Stock System.img and Boot.img without root
- Stock System.img and Boot.img with SuperSu root
- Stock System.img and Boot.img with Magisk + Phh Superuser root installed and enabled (will pass SafetyNet w/magisk Hide enabled)
- Encrypted/Decrypted - Choose whether to use Encryption or not
- User App Removal - Allows you to choose which Google/Market apps you don't want installed
- Tether Unlock - Enables wireless tethering regardless of your Vzw account type
- Carrier Debloat - Removes excessive carrier bloat from Vzw and Amazon (Listed Below)
Kindle
VzNav
VZW_Amazon_Audible
VZW_Amazon_IMDB
VzwRootStatusProvider
HtcOMADM_SettingsPlugin_VZW
MyVerizon
PremiumCallerId-release
VZW_Amazon_Mobile
VZW_Amazon_Music
VZW_AVS
VZW_Cloud
VzW_IconGlossary
VZW_Ignite (auto installs more bloat/games)
VZW_Messages
VZW_MVS
VZW_MyInfozone
VZW_NFL
VZWQualityLogger
VZW_Slacker_Radio
VZW_VMS
Basics_Final.mp4
Email_Final.mp4
Making_Calls.mp4
Texting_Verizon_Messages.mp4
VZW_My_Verizon_Smartphone.mp4

I hope that you enjoy the rom.
There may be more aroma options in future updates...

DOWNLOAD:
**USE WITH VZW OREO FIRMWARE AND LATEST OFFICIAL TWRP 3.2.1-4+**

PERFUME_WL_O80_SENSE90GP_VZW_MR_VERIZON_WWE_3.18.6 05.13_AROMA_v2.0.zip

Enjoy the Oreos!

V2.0 Changes:
Removed option to uninstall Chrome in Aroma, as it's needed for Webview
Fixed Wifi Tethering Unlock option in Aroma

Firmware can be found in Post #2
RUUs can be found in Post #4

OLD VERSIONS:

OREO

Standard Disclaimer:
Code:
You are aware that writing to your devices' partitions increases your risks. 
You understand and agree that i cannot be held responsible for such or any other damages. 
The flash process is theoretically safe and tested.
However you are the brains behind the wheel and you are solely responsible for the execution of the processes. 
I will not accept any responsibility. 
I only provide access to the files and the information and you choose to execute them or not.
You understand that you should not use any files from here, if you are not willing to accept the risk.

XDA:DevDB Information
Verizon HTC 10 Stock Rom/Resources, ROM for the Verizon HTC 10

Contributors
santod040
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: 3.18.605.13

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.18.605.13
Stable Release Date: 2018-04-13
Current Beta Version: 2.41.605.6

Created 2017-01-01
Last Updated 2018-04-15
The Following 46 Users Say Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

1st January 2017, 12:36 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag NorCal

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
FIRMWARE

How to Fastboot flash firmware zips:

SD card method also works(outlined below), but I recommend using fastboot
  • Place the zip in your fastboot/adb directory on your computer.
  • Put the device in fastboot(bootloader) mode
    --- (Volume down and power until menu appears, select bootloader using power button)(Download mode should work as well on M9 and HTC 10)
  • Connect the device to the computer
  • Enter the following commands from terminal/command prompt in the fastboot directory, one at a time:
  • fastboot oem rebootRUU (this puts the device in RUU mode) (old process/not needed on HTC10)
  • fastboot flash zip firmware.zip (rename file to firmware.zip to make it simple/optional)
  • It will say that the update did not finish, to flush again, so repeat the above step:
  • fastboot flash zip firmware.zip

Quote:

Important: the flash process halts at around 75% to 90% on phone screen! This is normal and a safety precaution!
The last few percent is the reboot, which is NOT happening automatically, so you get a chance to check the console output before reboot to make sure it is safe to reboot!
The bar will only fill up to 100% once you type the following command:

• fastboot reboot-bootloader (this reboots the device to bootloader)

If your current fastboot isn't working/throws errors, please use the HTC fastboot in the zip below:
HTC_fastboot.zip
Replace existing commands with the HTC_fastboot prefix.
So for example, instead of:
Code:
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
You would do this instead:
Code:
HTC_fastboot flash zip firmware.zip

How to flash firmware using SDCard Method
(thanks to @Sneakyghost)

Prerequisites:
  • Compatible SDCard, should be formatted with FT32 for older firmware, newer firmware can also handle ExtFS formatted cards.
  • A firmware.zip you would like to flash, taken from Post #2 (Downloads)
  • Phone charged up at least 30% (will fail with low power warning if lower than 30%)
Step-By-Step:
1. Rename your firmware.zip to exactly "2PS6IMG.zip" - make sure you enable "show file extensions" in Windows Explorer, if you rename it on your PC. Else you might end up with a "2PS6IMG.zip.zip" which won't flash.

2. Copy your "2PS6IMG.zip" over to the root of your SDCard. Use a cardreader, or MTP protocol in Android or Recovery, or USB Mass Storage protocol in Recovery, or ADB push the file in Android or Recovery - many methods available.

3. Now, if device is booted into Android, reboot into download mode by running:
Code:
adb reboot download
3.a Or else, if your device is in a different state or you just prefer the button method:
In Android: Press and hold Power and VolDown at the same time for approx. 15 seconds, when the screen and charging LED go dark immediately let go of power, keep holding VolDown a little longer.
During Boot and sometimes when booted into Recovery: Press and hold Power, VolDown and VolUp at the same time for approx. 15 seconds, when the screen and charging LED go dark immediately let go of power and VolUp, keep holding VolDown a little longer.

4. Once Download Mode starts, it will "see" the 2PS6IMG.zip and ask you (yellow text at bottom of screen) if you want to flash the firmware. Press VolUp to confirm and proceed with the flash, or press VolDown to cancel and continue into Download Mode UI.

5. Now check the screen while it flashes. It should stop at "end UI updating. Press Power to continue" - the phone will now shut off! To turn it back on, press and briefly hold power again.

FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD

3.18.605.13 Combined Firmware with stock boot.img and stock recovery removed(will NOT wipe)
(Recommended firmware zip ^^^ for most users)
(for users coming from any previous firmware)

3.18.605.13 Combined Firmware with stock boot.img removed and Twrp3.2.1-4 included(will NOT wipe)
(for users coming from any previous firmware)

2.41.605.36-to-3.18.605.13 Full-Incremental Signed Stock Firmware with stock boot.img and stock recovery included(will replace/remove Twrp/may wipe/encrypt)
(for users coming from previous 2.41.605.36 Nougat firmware)

3.18.605.13 Stock Boot.Img

3.18.605.13 Stock Recovery

***IF DOWNGRADING to Marshmallow from Nougat or to Nougat from Oreo:

YOU MUST USE A FULL RUU (or you risk bricking)

OLD FILES

2.41.605.36 Firmware with stock boot.img and stock recovery removed(will NOT wipe)

2.41.605.36 Firmware with stock boot.img removed and Twrp3.2.1-0 included(will NOT wipe)

2.41.605.36 Full Stock Firmware with stock boot.img and stock recovery included(will replace/remove Twrp/will wipe/encrypt)

2.41.605.36 Stock Boot.Img

2.41.605.36 Stock Recovery

2.41.605.30 Firmware with stock boot.img and stock recovery removed(will NOT wipe)

2.41.605.30 Firmware with stock boot.img removed and Twrp3.1.1-0 included(will NOT wipe)

2.41.605.30 Full Stock Firmware with stock boot.img and stock recovery included(will replace/remove Twrp/will wipe/encrypt)

2.41.605.30 Stock Boot.Img

2.41.605.30 Stock Recovery

2.41.605.23 Firmware with stock boot.img and stock recovery removed(will NOT wipe)

2.41.605.23 Firmware with stock boot.img removed and Twrp3.1.1-0 included(will NOT wipe)

2.41.605.23 Full Stock Firmware with stock boot.img and stock recovery included(will replace/remove Twrp/will wipe/encrypt)

2.41.605.23 Stock Boot.Img

2.41.605.23 Stock Recovery

2.41.605.20 Firmware with stock boot.img and stock recovery removed(will NOT wipe)

2.41.605.20 Firmware with stock boot.img removed and Twrp3.1.1-0 included(will NOT wipe)

2.41.605.20 Full Stock Firmware with stock boot.img and stock recovery included(will replace/remove Twrp/will wipe/encrypt)

2.41.605.20 Stock Boot.Img

2.41.605.20 Stock Recovery

2.41.605.18 Firmware with stock boot.img and stock recovery removed(will NOT wipe)

2.41.605.18 Firmware with stock boot.img removed and Twrp3.1.1-0 included(will NOT wipe)

2.41.605.18 Full Stock Firmware with stock boot.img and stock recovery included(will replace/remove Twrp/will wipe/encrypt)

2.41.605.18 Stock Boot.Img

2.41.605.18 Stock Recovery

2.41.605.12 Firmware with stock boot.img and stock recovery removed(will NOT wipe)

2.41.605.12 Firmware with stock boot.img removed and Twrp3.1.0-1 included(will NOT wipe)

2.41.605.12 Full Stock Firmware with stock boot.img and stock recovery included(will replace/remove Twrp/will wipe)

2.41.605.12 Stock Boot.Img

2.41.605.12 Stock Recovery

2.41.605.6 Firmware with stock boot.img and stock recovery removed(will NOT wipe)

2.41.605.6 Firmware with stock boot.img removed and Twrp3.1.0-1 included(will NOT wipe)

2.41.605.6 Full Stock Firmware with stock boot.img and stock recovery included(will replace/remove Twrp/will wipe)

2.41.605.6 Stock Boot.Img

2.41.605.6 Stock Recovery

2.41.605.6 Firmware with stock boot.img removed and Twrp3.0.3-6 included(will NOT wipe)

1.85.605.9 Firmware with stock boot.img and stock recovery removed

1.85.605.9 Firmware with stock boot.img removed and Twrp3.0.2-6 included

1.85.605.9 Full Stock Firmware with stock boot.img and stock recovery included(will replace/remove Twrp)

1.85.605.9 Stock Boot.Img

1.85.605.9 Stock Recovery

1.85.605.8 Firmware with stock boot.img and stock recovery removed
1.85.605.8 Firmware with stock boot.img removed and Twrp3.0.2-6 included
1.85.605.8 Full Stock Firmware with stock boot.img and stock recovery included(will replace/remove Twrp)

1.82.605.8 Firmware with stock boot.img and stock recovery removed
1.82.605.8 Firmware with stock boot.img removed and Twrp3.0.2-6 included

1.82.605.6 Firmware with stock boot.img and stock recovery removed
1.82.605.6 Firmware with stock boot.img removed and Twrp3.0.2-6 included

How to Manually apply OTA Updates

Requirements for manually installing OTA:
  • 100% unmodified system (can be restored from RUU, TWRP system.img backup, or the stock rom provided in OP without using debloat or root options in aroma)
  • Stock recovery (can download above)
Place the OTA file on the external sdcard, and reboot to stock recovery (if you don't have SD Card use adb sideload instead, search the web for simple instructions):
Code:
adb reboot recovery
After booting to the stock recovery, you'll probably see a large exclamation mark on the screen.
Press the power button, then short press volume up + volume down to activate the HTC recovery menu.
Use your volume keys to navigate through items.
Navigate to "Apply update from SD card", and press power button to select.
Navigate to your file and press power button to apply the update.
The recovery will now install the OTA.
After reboot, the recovery should automatically install the firmware for you.

OTA Updates

2.41.605.36_3.18.605.13_OTAPkg.zip

~
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2017, 12:36 AM |#3  
Flag NorCal

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
Does the red development text on the splash screen bother you after unlocking your device?

If so, I have a modified hboot for you that takes care of it.
This was simply hex edited by me to remove the text from the screen, no other changes were made.
I have tested it and it is 100% proven to work without any side effects.

I originally did this for the Verizon Droid DNA and HTC One (m7) and was asked to do it for the One Max, Butterfly S, HTC One (m8), HTC One (m9), and now also the HTC 10

FROM THIS >>> TO THIS >>>

Let's get to it!
You must be S-Off to do this!

To Install:

• Download your Modified aboot:

-No Red Text aboots-

2.41.605.12_NoRedText_aboot.zip

Old Files:

Since I initially posted these:
I had a couple requests for a modified hboot/aboot that shows the device as being Locked and S-On, while being completely unlocked and S-Off.
I went ahead and made that as per request and made it for several devices.
The process is the same as it is for the NoRedText aboot, with the exception of the filename.
These also have the red text removed, like the No Red Text aboots above.

-Faux Locked aboots: (not really Locked and S-on but appear that way)

2.41.605.12_FauxLocked_aboot.zip

Old Files:

Ok, Now you have your aboot of choice, let's proceed:
  • Place the zip in your fastboot/adb directory on your computer.
  • Put the device in fastboot/Download mode
    (Volume down and power until menu appears, select fastboot using power button)
  • Connect the device to the computer
  • Enter the following commands from terminal/command prompt in the fastboot directory, one at a time:
  • fastboot oem rebootRUU (this puts the device in RUU mode)
  • fastboot flash zip filename_aboot.zip (this flashes the modified aboot zip file)
Important: the flash process halts at around 75% to 90% on phone screen! This is normal and a safety precaution!
The last few percent is the reboot, which is NOT happening automatically, so you get a chance to check the console output before reboot to make sure it is safe to reboot!
The bar will only fill up to 100% once you type the following command:
  • fastboot reboot-bootloader (this reboots the device to bootloader)

That's it, you're done. You can now reboot and not see the red text anymore. ;)

If you have any questions or issues, let me know.

Now for my RED TEXT: :p

Disclaimer
Code:
You are aware that writing to the security protected partitions increases your risk to lose the device exponentially. 
You understand and agree that i cannot be held responsible for such or any other damages. 
The flash process is theoretically safe and tested, however you are the brains behind the wheel and you are solely responsible for the execution of the process. 
I will not accept any responsibility. The method itself is developed by Google and HTC, i only provide access and information to it and you execute it.

You understand that you should not do it if you are not willing to accept this risk.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2017, 12:37 AM |#4  
Flag NorCal

Donate to Me
More
RUU Collection
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2017, 12:58 AM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Cortland NY
Thanks Meter: 2,332

More
Nice, thank you @santod040
1st January 2017, 01:25 AM |#6  
Flag NorCal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aer0zer0

Nice, thank you @santod040

No problem, link is live!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2017, 08:05 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 343

More
Thanks!!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using XDA-Developers mobile app
2nd January 2017, 01:21 AM |#8  
Flag Panama City
Thanks Meter: 155

More
LOL, good old VZW, updating at the speed of snail...plus .1 in the number sequence, that's golden. I am wondering which is going to come first, Nougat on Verizon HTC 10, or the Pixel XL I ordered showing up on my doorstep. At any rate, I installed it and it seems to be working great. Thanks for keeping us up to date bud!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hovercraftdriver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hovercraftdriver Ad-Free
2nd January 2017, 08:30 PM |#9  
Flag Southeastern Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 995

More
Thanks, @santod040. Just rolled myself all the way back to pure stock 1.85.605.9, stripping out Magisk and Xposed mods and returning to pure stock recovery and boot to get ready for the imminent Nougat OTA. Works great.
The Following User Says Thank You to hgoldner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hgoldner Ad-Free
3rd January 2017, 02:44 AM |#10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Cortland NY
Thanks Meter: 2,332

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgoldner

Thanks, @santod040. Just rolled myself all the way back to pure stock 1.85.605.9, stripping out Magisk and Xposed mods and returning to pure stock recovery and boot to get ready for the imminent Nougat OTA. Works great.

How imminent? lol
The Following User Says Thank You to aer0zer0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aer0zer0 Ad-Free
3rd January 2017, 02:57 AM |#11  
Flag Southeastern Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 995

More
I don't think it's going out on a limb to guess that it will be out in January.
The Following User Says Thank You to hgoldner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hgoldner Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)