FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][STOCK] 3.18.605.13 | AROMA | ROOT | NO-ROOT | DEBLOAT | OREO

12,467 posts
Thanks Meter: 23,592

By santod040, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 1st January 2017, 12:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from santod040: Updated to Android 8.0 Oreo Base: 3.16.605.13
22nd January 2018, 07:55 PM |#521  
Flag Glendale, AZ
Thanks Meter: 346

More
Cool This brings up the question of Factory Reset...
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040

Personally, I'd wait for Verizon firmware.
If I was going to use other firmware and I'm not, it would be US Unlocked firmware, which I also have.
But I wouldn't want to flash other radios or modems for sure.
Biggest issue is, there is no returning to Nougat after an update to Oreo on the 10.
At least not that I've managed to figure out yet.
Reverting to Nougat from Oreo causes full loss of baseband and IMEI, until returning to Oreo.

So, I would personally advise staying clear of it for the time being.
Will let you know if anything changes in that regard.
There are claims it works using new firmware and old radio, but I don't know that users device specifics, or if they're even still using Verizon service.
Again, I just advise hanging tight until a little time has passed and more kinks are figured out.
There is no return....

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I have been told before that you can't go back ... but I did. The OTA's won't work if you have TWRP and are rooted. I installed Magisk but still can not do OTA's. The answer was ... Factory Reset and then RUU's. Wouldn't that work with this also??

22nd January 2018, 08:18 PM |#522  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag NorCal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucktr

I have been told before that you can't go back ... but I did. The OTA's won't work if you have TWRP and are rooted. I installed Magisk but still can not do OTA's. The answer was ... Factory Reset and then RUU's. Wouldn't that work with this also??

You missed the point.
Nougat RUU will not bring your baseband back after Oreo upgrade.
There's a whole thread about this in the regular HTC 10 General forum.
I'm more then familiar with going back to stock, taking OTAs and downgrading.

The Following User Says Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2018, 09:33 PM |#523  
Flag Glendale, AZ
Thanks Meter: 346

More
Cool Don't understand...
Quote:

You missed the point.
Nougat RUU will not bring your baseband back after Oreo upgrade.
There's a whole thread about this in the regular HTC 10 General forum.
I'm more then familiar with going back to stock, taking OTAs and downgrading.

Sorry, I was not questioning your knowledge ... I was/am questioning mine. I have seen your name attached to much info and I enjoy reading and using it. I thought that the only ones that couldn't be downgraded were the S-On phones. IF you possessed and S-OFF phone then you could go back. Right??? or Wrong??

By the way... could you provide a link to that forum subject. I couldn't find it.
22nd January 2018, 09:54 PM |#524  
Flag NorCal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucktr

Sorry, I was not questioning your knowledge ... I was/am questioning mine. I have seen your name attached to much info and I enjoy reading and using it. I thought that the only ones that couldn't be downgraded were the S-On phones. IF you possessed and S-OFF phone then you could go back. Right??? or Wrong??

By the way... could you provide a link to that forum subject. I couldn't find it.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3735658

I suggest also reading this thread from this post forward:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=75282739

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2018, 02:37 PM |#525  
Flag new Jersey
Thanks Meter: 264

More
Quote:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3735658

I suggest also reading this thread from this post forward:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=75282739

Hay Santod040 nice to see your posts still in
HTC 10.

First hope all is well on your end๐Ÿ‘
quick questions is their an update firmware for us
That you recommend.
waiting to upgrade to 8.0 if their is any update firmware. Lastly are you still going to update your (no ETA) ROMs on the VZW 10 threads.๐Ÿช

So many post with everyone's input it's hard to weed out the nonsense. Thanks and God bless.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180201_093425.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	259.2 KB
ID:	4406521  
1st February 2018, 02:55 PM |#526  
Flag NorCal

Donate to Me
More
testing....1,2
The Following User Says Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2018, 03:24 PM |#527  
Flag NorCal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spjetrovic

Hay Santod040 nice to see your posts still in
HTC 10.

First hope all is well on your end
quick questions is their an update firmware for us
That you recommend.
waiting to upgrade to 8.0 if their is any update firmware. Lastly are you still going to update your (no ETA) ROMs on the VZW 10 threads.

So many post with everyone's input it's hard to weed out the nonsense. Thanks and God bless.

Yes, my Roms will still be updated.
Patiently/impatiently waiting on Vzw/Htc for Vzw Oreo firmware.
(As I won't personally be doing or suggesting any conversion type methods)
As soon as it's available for public consumption, I will surely post it for everyone.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2018, 03:29 PM |#528  
Flag new Jersey
Thanks Meter: 264

More
Quote:

Yes, my Roms will still be updated.
Patiently/impatiently waiting on Vzw/Htc for Vzw Oreo firmware.
(As I won't personally be doing or suggesting any conversion type methods)
As soon as it's available for public consumption, I will surely post it for everyone.

Good enough for me. I rather wait on the sure thing than gamble. Patiently will be waiting
2nd February 2018, 02:32 AM |#529  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quick question @santod040 what is your daily driver? Are you still using htc? I am considering getting the U11 on sale from htc to use on vzw. What are your thoughts? I Wanted to go to pixel 2 xl since pixel 2 doesn't offer much above my 10. Problem is, it's way too expensive so I'm seriously considering buying a u11 for $549 straight from htc.
2nd February 2018, 03:31 PM |#530  
Flag Southeastern Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 995

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbelshaw

Quick question @santod040 what is your daily driver? Are you still using htc? I am considering getting the U11 on sale from htc to use on vzw. What are your thoughts? I Wanted to go to pixel 2 xl since pixel 2 doesn't offer much above my 10. Problem is, it's way too expensive so I'm seriously considering buying a u11 for $549 straight from htc.

U11 is now right-priced at $549. On Verizon, the device only works on LTE channel 13. If you don't get that channel, you don't have connectivity. The device over time has gotten better and better and clinging to a signal, though. The camera is the best ever in an HTC device (unless you were really into ultrapixels and their crappy low-light images) and for some the "squeezable" interface (Edge Sense) is a major plus. I never thought it was much of a big deal and didn't use it much, but the handset was definitely solid.

I didn't purchase one because it didn't represent a justifiable expense to upgrade from my S-OFF bootloader-unlocked 10 that connects without LTE.

I will admit, however that I preferred the U11 screen to my 10, especially for my older eyes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hgoldner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hgoldner Ad-Free
2nd February 2018, 05:58 PM |#531  
Thanks Meter: 1,319

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgoldner

U11 is now right-priced at $549. On Verizon, the device only works on LTE channel 13. If you don't get that channel, you don't have connectivity. The device over time has gotten better and better and clinging to a signal, though. The camera is the best ever in an HTC device (unless you were really into ultrapixels and their crappy low-light images) and for some the "squeezable" interface (Edge Sense) is a major plus. I never thought it was much of a big deal and didn't use it much, but the handset was definitely solid.

I didn't purchase one because it didn't represent a justifiable expense to upgrade from my S-OFF bootloader-unlocked 10 that connects without LTE.

I will admit, however that I preferred the U11 screen to my 10, especially for my older eyes.

Surprised you didn't get a shoe phone lol. Sorry couldn't help myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to TotallyAnxious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TotallyAnxious Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)