FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HTC 10 Verizon root thread

560 posts
Thanks Meter: 207

Thread Deleted Email Thread
This will be a place to discuss and collaborate on any progress towards a root, bootloader unlock, s-off, or any combination of the such for the Verizon HTC 10. I will regularly update this thread with any progress and links to tools required.

What we know
  • Verizon removed the "Enable oem unlock" option from the developer settings
  • Using htcdev was forbidden by verizon which makes us require something such as SuperCID

What we have
We have We don't have

Root
Bootloader Unlock
S-Off
@jcase and @beaups has pulled of complete s-off with the vzw HTC 10 via Sunshine!

Current method
The current method of getting s-off and root is by @jcase and @beaups sunshine app at http://theroot.ninja/download.html
NOTE: when sunshine asks, turn the screen on and off or it won't work

Notes requested by @jcase

*Do NOT go s-on or relock, as you will have to use Sunshine again

*Taking the OTAs as they come out is your choice and yours alone. If you are already s-off, meaning you sent your phone to @jcase, then you can take OTAs with no risk. S-Off cannot be undone unless you manually do so, so no ota will remove it .
If you are not s-off yet, the release version and the first and only ota works so far. If you take future OTAs without s-off, you run the risk that @jcase's method may be patched.

*The new update has patched Sunshine, but you can still downgrade and root following this guide. https://forum.xda-developers.com/ver...n-htc-t3531996

Useful information
What is root - www.androidcentral.com/root
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to polaric For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift polaric Ad-Free

7th May 2016, 08:16 PM
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I'm excited for this. Is there a bounty or anything?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using XDA-Developers mobile app
7th May 2016, 08:19 PM
OP Senior Member
Flag Mechanicsburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptko15

I'm excited for this. Is there a bounty or anything?

No bounty that I've seen has been started yet, but if someone wants to start one it would probably encourage the devs to find a creative way to get temproot. If we get temproot, sunshine will hopefully be easy to make work on vzw, which will give us s off, then supercid, then unlock.
The Following User Says Thank You to polaric For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift polaric Ad-Free
7th May 2016, 09:30 PM
Flag Anderson
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Keeping my fingers crossed. Probably won't happen though unless it's with a Java card like on the One m9. But after all, it'd only been out on Verizon for a few days. We shall see

7th May 2016, 09:33 PM
OP Senior Member
Flag Mechanicsburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkhrt13

Keeping my fingers crossed. Probably won't happen though unless it's with a Java card like on the One m9. But after all, it'd only been out on Verizon for a few days. We shall see

Get a bounty started, or ask someone to, and I'm sure @jcase or someone similar will find a creative way to pull it off.
The Following User Says Thank You to polaric For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift polaric Ad-Free
7th May 2016, 09:35 PM
Flag Anderson

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by polaric

Get a bounty started, or ask someone to, and I'm sure @jcase or someone similar will find a creative way to pull it off.

Hopefully so. I think jcase already has it done for the other variants. I feel like Verizon is always the last because of extra steps. It may not happen though since they like to lock their devices down.

7th May 2016, 09:38 PM
Retired Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Flag Sequim WA
Thanks Meter: 15,887

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It is being worked on this weekend and next week
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to jcase For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2016, 09:42 PM
OP Senior Member
Flag Mechanicsburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase

That's amazing to hear! Thank you @jcase ! If you need system dumps, someone to test, or anything at all feel free to PM me. I have a fully stock vzw 10 and I'm happy to provide dumps or test. Best of luck!
7th May 2016, 10:19 PM
Retired Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Flag Sequim WA
Thanks Meter: 15,887

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

That's amazing to hear! Thank you @jcase ! If you need system dumps, someone to test, or anything at all feel free to PM me. I have a fully stock vzw 10 and I'm happy to provide dumps or test. Best of luck!

Thank you but we are good, just time now
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jcase For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2016, 10:45 AM
Flag Raleigh, NC
Thanks Meter: 262

More
Sweet, just got this phone yesterday
8th May 2016, 07:15 PM

More
Donation Sent
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase

Thanks @jcase for the dedication to the project! I have sent in a donation to help with this effort. I hope more users who wish to benefit from this work do the same! Looking forward to the progress in the upcoming weeks.

EDIT:
jcase is not accepting donations for this project. Please support buy purchasing a license when available!
Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)