FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

Verizon disabling HD calling on Unlocked HTC 10s

477 posts
Thanks Meter: 58

By MrTrip, Senior Member on 11th July 2017, 05:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So my father in law upgraded our plan last night to Unlimited Data.

Should be cool right? Lost service for about a half hour, it came back up and they said "The HTC10 associated with phone number XXXX is not a verizon device, so we can't support it"

After some arguing, I got my 4G LTE back, but my HD calling is gone. I spent an hour on the phone when I finally got told "Well there is a work around but the technical team says it will take 3-5 business days, so just wait it out"

What?...Seriously? I guess it is their new policy that if you don't have a Verizon phone, you will have LOTS of issues if you try switching your plan, even though the past YEAR has been perfect for me with HD calling etc.

Has anybody else had this kind of issue?

14th July 2017, 02:08 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Waterloo. IA
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Welp its been a few days, nobody at Verizon can figure it out. I've been told to just buy a Verizon phone.

I'm about ready to sell this HTC10 Unlocked and never go back, it seems that Verizon has taken some kind of stand and will not or cannot activate HD Calling and advanced calling features on non verizon devices, why I have no idea...
14th July 2017, 03:00 AM |#3  
Flag Anaheim, CA
Thanks Meter: 205

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTrip

Welp its been a few days, nobody at Verizon can figure it out. I've been told to just buy a Verizon phone.

I'm about ready to sell this HTC10 Unlocked and never go back, it seems that Verizon has taken some kind of stand and will not or cannot activate HD Calling and advanced calling features on non verizon devices, why I have no idea...

You will never get Verizon to activate a non-Verizon phone for you, not just HTC 10's.
To get yours running, the ONLY way to do it is to have a newer VZN 4FF LTE/NFC sim activated in random newer Verizon phone with your account set to have Advanced Calling enabled on that line. Placing that working sim into an Unlocked US Ten that has had a Verizon RUU or Verizon radios flash will then work fine after a factory reset. Some roms have Advanced Calling enabled, some don't. The Unlocked Ten operates without issues on Verizon, including Advanced Calling - you just have to have the sim setup beforehand in another phone that is supported by Verizon. No other way....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)