FORUMS

VZW How to use unlocked model on VZW

7,056 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,490

By dottat, Retired Forum Moderator on 11th May 2016, 04:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So the solution to get an unlocked 10 working on verizon is like this..

Must have already active sim card***
Must be S-OFF**** AND STAY S-OFF while using this radio

Boot to bootloader
- fastboot flash the vzw radio in bootloader mode (download here https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24539885398392983)

fastboot flash radio vzw_pme_radio.img
fastboot reboot

When phone boots go into cellular networks and make sure radio select is global.
Then enter secret menu by opening dialer and dialing *#*#4636#*#*
and chose the option "CDMA/EvDOGSM/WCDMA/LTE Auto"

At this point, you should have data/calls/texts if your sim was already active. If not reboot and re-test. Advanced calling features obviously won't work at the start of this.. but I know for certain can be re-added by our dev community. One verizon dev says he can do this day one. Clock has started homeboy.....

Note this was a collaborative effort here and some very helpful folk whom i have the greatest respect for completed this for the community. @beaups was the first to rock a carbon grey unlocked phone on the verizon network and as such deserves the credit for this...
Attached Images

The Following 54 Users Say Thank You to dottat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dottat Ad-Free
11th May 2016, 04:55 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Again D and team. thank you! I was losing hope quickly with the unlocked working (probably a bit prematurely I'll admit) but is there a place where I can send a donation when I get payed? Attempting tomorrow with sunshine and then following this guide! Halaleiuja! I think that's how you spell it๐Ÿ˜‚
The Following User Says Thank You to awareunlikeu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift awareunlikeu Ad-Free
11th May 2016, 06:16 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 9,413

Donate to Me
More
Thank you guys, this is fantastic
11th May 2016, 06:26 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
For those of us with both a VZW and an unlocked model, which should we keep?

Sent from my HTC 10
11th May 2016, 07:02 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 272

More
Ignore this (post removed)
11th May 2016, 08:50 AM |#6  
Flag Who Cares?
Thanks Meter: 263

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahjk

For those of us with both a VZW and an unlocked model, which should we keep?

Sent from my HTC 10

Not a dev, nor do I have a HTC 10, but I would say the unlocked would be a better bet. Support straight from HTC as you bought directly from them, unlocked so it can be used anywhere (don't know if Verizon region locks etc) and more likelihood of custom software.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vekhez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vekhez Ad-Free
11th May 2016, 11:32 AM |#7  
Flag Southeastern Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 997

More
One more thing, a handset purchased directly from HTC has Uh Oh protection, a Verizon unit does not.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to hgoldner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hgoldner Ad-Free
11th May 2016, 12:07 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
@dottat OK so I am coming from a Verizon M7 and the sim card I have is a different size. Am I screwed? Can I do everything else then go in and get a new sim after the fact? I tried yesterday before the solution and they were going to give me the correct sim, but of course couldn't get it to register and wouldn't let me have the sim.
11th May 2016, 12:28 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light1984

@dottat OK so I am coming from a Verizon M7 and the sim card I have is a different size. Am I screwed? Can I do everything else then go in and get a new sim after the fact? I tried yesterday before the solution and they were going to give me the correct sim, but of course couldn't get it to register and wouldn't let me have the sim.

I would say go into corporate Verizon store, tell them that you were directed by customer service on the phone to get a new nfc-enabled nano SIM in order to activate your htc10. They will just ask for your account info and attach that SIM cards number to your account and tell you that you need to contact customer service over the phone again in order to try activation. Kinda funny as That's what one of the customer service reps told me was the reason the unlocked version's activation was not working on Verizon that I needed a new sim. Just did this 2 days ago

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to awareunlikeu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift awareunlikeu Ad-Free
11th May 2016, 12:32 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
so for us coming from the m8, will the nano sim work? or is there now a smaller/different sim?
11th May 2016, 12:33 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light1984

Do you have another line on the account with a different phone that does have the correct sim? If so you could get another sim for that phone, and you can activate it yourself. (or if they activate it for you, you can use the old sim for it.) Just needed a device to allow the activation for the new sim.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)