FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][/system/customize/ACC/default.xml][activate tether, disable max passwords]

73 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By homers1, Member on 11th March 2016, 08:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Attached are flashable updates for /system/customize/ACC/default.xml to enable WiFi tethering and disable maximum password attempt wipe.
They are based on dottat's mods here. (many thanks!!!)

vzwm8_6.0_tetherpassword.zip can be flashed in whatever fashion you feel most comfortable. I tested it with TWRP recovery.

If you're editing your own default.xml and find that you've changed something that borks your android UI [it will tell you that you have, and deny you access to the OS], you can flash the vzwm8_6.0_original.zip to replace it with an original from my device.

If your UI is locked out, hold the power button until it notifies you (sound/vib). After you close the next warning box, you should have a box that lets you power down. From there, you can boot to fastboot/recovery as usual and fix it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip vzwm8_6.0_tetherpassword.zip - [Click for QR Code] (152.7 KB, 540 views)
File Type: zip vzwm8_6.0_original.zip - [Click for QR Code] (152.7 KB, 356 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homers1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift homers1 Ad-Free

4th April 2016, 04:26 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks a lot. Worked like a charm on android 6.0
11th May 2016, 03:37 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
perfect. thank you very much
15th July 2016, 11:20 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thank you again! Works like a charm!
19th December 2017, 04:14 PM |#5  
Flag Amory, MS
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Works good but do you have AT&T?
27th January 2018, 04:20 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I don't have the AT&T equivalent. Sorry. If anyone has worked on that, please feel free to contribute.
The Following User Says Thank You to homers1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift homers1 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)