FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

★☆[ROM][5.0.1] NuSenseSIX | Sense 6.0 | 4.20.531.4 | v5.5 | Harman

12,456 posts
Thanks Meter: 23,585
 
By santod040, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 30th July 2014, 11:53 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Announcement from santod040: - Updated to Official m8 5.0.1 Tmo base | 4.20.541.8 | v5.5
1st August 2014, 07:43 AM |#101  
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040

That's why I said you don't.
That is the default behavior of the kernel already.
Not sure what the confusion is about to be honest.
You currently have either option, but if it's causing too much confusion, which it seems to be, then maybe a stripped down version is needed.
That is all I was saying. You guys reported having issues with wake features, so I thought maybe stock only would simplify things.
Seems options sometimes create more room for confusion and/or user error.

DEFAULT kernel behavior is stock wake features + s2w and s2s.
You do not neeed to do anything in Toolbox for default wake features, just flash the rom and reboot once after first boot.

How's battery life doing so far?
 
 
1st August 2014, 07:59 AM |#102  
Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040

That's why I said you don't.
That is the default behavior of the kernel already.
Not sure what the confusion is about to be honest.
You currently have either option, but if it's causing too much confusion, which it seems to be, then maybe a stripped down version is needed.
That is all I was saying. You guys reported having issues with wake features, so I thought maybe stock only would simplify things.
Seems options sometimes create more room for confusion and/or user error.

DEFAULT kernel behavior is stock wake features + s2w and s2s.
You do not neeed to do anything in Toolbox for default wake features, just flash the rom and reboot once after first boot.

I thought that due to special kernel you cooked for this rom, some "pur stock" experience is needed. In previous rom, I also used sense toolbox without activating the custom wake gestures and I have no problem with the stock gestures. But in your rom, using stock gestures is a bit problematic as it is sometimes fail to register my gestures. I thought that this is caused by your custom s2s/s2w (the one that swipe over the navbar, not the stock swipe up/down/left/right gesture), that's why I said maybe you could deactivate that feature.
Or do I still get this wrong?
1st August 2014, 12:14 PM |#103  
gchild320's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Terre Haute
Thanks Meter: 1,696
 
Donate to Me
More
Just go to sense 6 toolbox and set them up. They work fine once you do that.
1st August 2014, 01:17 PM |#104  
bracketslash's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 199
 
Donate to Me
More
DotView/flip covers aren't working with this
1st August 2014, 01:32 PM |#105  
Senior Member
Wish I Knew
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
The rom has been pretty good so far, the only issue im having right now is I use the app bleacher report and i cant set a ringtone with it, after choosing a ringtone it just goes back to vibrate. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing.

Im on the odex version and did a clean wipe before installing the rom.

Thanks
1st August 2014, 02:13 PM |#106  
Tigerstown's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 2,968
 
Donate to Me
More
Glad to see you have a ROM out for m8. I always have great luck with all your stuff. Can't wait to leave work Now lol

sent from my VZW RED HTC M8 using XDA premium app
1st August 2014, 03:59 PM |#107  
mademan420's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 679
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1ez3

One more issue I'm having is that I can't control playback of songs while on bluetooth. MY receiver and my car controls cant skip tracks/pause etc. Anyone know how to fix this?

+1. It doesn't work with my BT headphones or in my car. I'm sure it's something minor that needs to tweaked with the kernel(maybe) since he had to mod this build to work with VZW. I've run @santod040 Roms before on the M7 and I'm sure he will get it figured out Nice job so far to the OP on getting this to work on out device

Clean flashed latest odexed version running ART.
1st August 2014, 04:19 PM |#108  
Tigerstown's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 2,968
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garywojdan81

When you say latest firmware, do you mean the latest 4.4.2 official? Sorry for the noob question but I've been away from HTC for awhile.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Yes that is what he is saying.

sent from my VZW RED HTC M8 using XDA premium app
1st August 2014, 05:45 PM |#109  
garywojdan81's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,037
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerstown

Yes that is what he is saying.

sent from my VZW RED HTC M8 using XDA premium app

Thanks, probably take the plunge this weekend.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
1st August 2014, 07:26 PM |#110  
Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
The 4.4.3 base is screwing up my headphone detection. Headphones randomly stopped playing and now it doesnt recognize my headphones when I plug them in. Went back to the stock rom everything works as is. Anyone experiencing this issue?
1st August 2014, 07:30 PM |#111  
santod040's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag NorCal
Thanks Meter: 23,585
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartandawgs_03

The 4.4.3 base is screwing up my headphone detection. Headphones randomly stopped playing and now it doesnt recognize my headphones when I plug them in. Went back to the stock rom everything works as is. Anyone experiencing this issue?

Used it all day yesterday, in and out of my truck, using the headphone jack.
Made many stops and was plugging and unplugging it a lot.
No issues on my end.
Are you sure you had a clean install and are on the current firmware for this device?
The Following User Says Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes