FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HOW TO: Go back to stock, unroot, Lock bootloader, go S-ON(non-Tampered.)

75 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By kylelipp, Member on 23rd November 2016, 03:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This tutorial will hopefully guide you through the process of Returning Your HTC ONE M8 (VERIZON) back to Stock Lollipop, Unrooted, S-ON, “Locked” bootloader.
I assume this would work for other variants but I offer no guarantees. Make sure you get the RUU or FUU for your specific carrier.

Prerequisites:
  • Backup all your data before proceeding with firmware installation.
  • HTC One M8 with S-OFF, I used sunshine originally, and it’s still available at theroot.ninja.
  • Download and install HTC USB Drivers on your computer. If you have installed HTC Sync, uninstall it temporarily to avoid any problem.
  • You must have ADB (Android Debug Bridge) installed and setup on your computer: Refer to this or this guide to setup ADB, or use Minimal ADB and Fastboot
  • Enable USB Debugging on your HTC One M8. (Settings > About > Software Info > More > tap Build # several times until you see “You are now a developer” > back to Settings page > Developer Options > Select On > Check on Allow USB Debugging)
  • Go to Settings> Power and turn off Fastboot option.

Downloads:Run the FUU utility, this will give you a Stock Lollipop Rom and Stock Recovery.
  1. Connect your phone to PC using the USB cable provided by the OEM.
  2. Extract DOTTAT_VZWM8_S_OFF_5.0.1_FUU.zip file and open the folder.
  3. Now double click ARUwizard.exe.
  4. When the FUU launches, follow the on-screen prompts until your One M8 reboots. Please note that your phone might take 5-8 minutes to reboot after firmware installation.

Congrats, you have successfully restored your Verizon HTC One M8 to stock Lollipop pre-rooted ROM!

Relock Bootloader –

Now you’re ready –
Navigate to the directory where you have setup the Android SDK. Open the folder the platform-tools directory where ADB and Fastboot files are found.
( If you’re using Minimal ADB the rest of this step isn’t necessary just open it) Press the Shift key and then do a right-click on the mouse at an empty space in the platform-tools folder. Select Open command window here option to launch cmd prompt.
Connect your phone to the computer using USB cable.
Double check to make sure the phone is recognized by adb by typing in the command:
  • adb devices
If you see the serial number of the device and says attached, you are good to go.
Type or copy/paste the commands on the cmd line –
  • adb shell
  • su
  • echo -ne '\x00\x00\x00\x00' | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 bs=1 seek=33796
  • exit
  • exit
You should see the bootloader as LOCKED. To check, reboot your M8 into the Bootloader Mode by using the command:
  • adb reboot bootloader

Unroot/ Uninstall SuperSu –
I put the unroot here unlike other tutorials because this is the last step that you could mess up before going S-ON. After you go S-ON you have to go back w/ Sunshine. Whereas if you trip the tampered flag or something you can just re-run the FUU/RUU.
  • Go to SuperSu app > Settings > Full unroot option > Reboot
  • If you are having trouble getting SuperSu to stay off use the Universal Unroot App to remove root. This is the app I had to use.
Get S-On –
  • Adb reboot bootloader
  • From Fastboot:
  • fastboot oem writesecureflag 3
  • Reboot bootloader and verify S-On
That’s it you’re done!
I compiled this Tutorial from other tutorials, so if it looks a little janky, that’s why.
SourcesI had to adjust because neither was complete for what I needed.
The Following User Says Thank You to kylelipp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kylelipp Ad-Free

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)