FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Adding APN

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By chriztian09, Junior Member on 3rd November 2014, 06:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, Im on 4.4.4 unrooted S-On, from what I heard verizon is unlocked but when I put in a Straight Talk sim it doesn't let me change the APN settings. When on the apn menu I click on Options (3 dots) and it only says "Reset to default"

I cant root or s-off yet until Sunshine 3.0 is released, is there any other work-around?

3rd November 2014, 12:14 PM |#2  
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriztian09

Hi, Im on 4.4.4 unrooted S-On, from what I heard verizon is unlocked but when I put in a Straight Talk sim it doesn't let me change the APN settings. When on the apn menu I click on Options (3 dots) and it only says "Reset to default"

I cant root or s-off yet until Sunshine 3.0 is released, is there any other work-around?

Setting>mobile data>tap left mobile data icon>Network preference>three dot upright>add>look for the giant list to match your provider. profit
3rd November 2014, 12:24 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Yeah that's the problem, when I click on the 3 dots it only gives me the option to "reset to default" it won't let me add any APN
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1415017424944.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	2997172  
3rd November 2014, 01:02 PM |#4  
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriztian09

Yeah that's the problem, when I click on the 3 dots it only gives me the option to "reset to default" it won't let me add any APN

Your problem is that you are trying again to ADD APN from CDMA options, instead add from Network preference
you can not add GSM setting from CDMA options.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5m...ew?usp=sharing
14th August 2018, 09:37 PM |#5  

More
fixed
I had the same problem.
You have to select "LTE/legacy 3GPP multi-mode" from the preferred network list first.
Then go to GSM/UMTS Options/Network operators and select appropriate carrier.
Then input the Access Point Name as instructed at carrier website.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)