FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Possible Root & S-Off? Downgrade?

96 posts
Thanks Meter: 26

By Multidex24, Member on 21st May 2016, 07:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Been a while since I been on xda. I been using my htc m8 from Verizon. It's a great phone. Is sunshine really worth 25$..? I been looking up apps and other stuff to see if I can still root and get s-off.. but it hit me, can I just downgrade to the orignal version? (out the box software) Then get a s-off? I'm running on the 6.0 marshmallow. It's gotta be possible I just wanna get this thing called rooted already.

21st May 2016, 11:52 PM |#2  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 13,585

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multidex24

Been a while since I been on xda. I been using my htc m8 from Verizon. It's a great phone. Is sunshine really worth 25$..? I been looking up apps and other stuff to see if I can still root and get s-off.. but it hit me, can I just downgrade to the orignal version? (out the box software) Then get a s-off? I'm running on the 6.0 marshmallow. It's gotta be possible I just wanna get this thing called rooted already.

Sunshine is the only option. I highly suggest paying $25.
It's a more than fair price. (Think about the number of devices they make paperweights providing us this option. Also they are the only option . You can ship it out to a Java card, but that's shipping fees and paying to use the card unless you're friends with them and do it for free, and even then shipping is prob more than $25..

Save up and enjoy the unlocked device thanks to sunshine. If you can't afford it, that is something you will need to figure out.

Best of luck!
22nd May 2016, 04:26 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Greensboro
Thanks Meter: 26

More
theres also weaksauce... can I just do that

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA-Developers mobile app
22nd May 2016, 11:43 AM |#4  
Washington D.C.
Thanks Meter: 229

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multidex24

theres also weaksauce... can I just do that

Weaksauce has been discontinued. You may be able to dig up the file somewhere but the server side has been taken down so it will never work. Sunshine is your option and it's worth it.
The Following User Says Thank You to cntryby429 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cntryby429 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
downgrade, root, s-off, s-on, verizon

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)