[ROM] CyanogenMod 11S • OPO Stock ROM • Android 4.4.4 • 11-OCT • v5 • m7_wlv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tat2me2

Nov 26, 2007
Gravois Mills
just download the updater-script, open the rom's .zip file go to META-INF > com > google > android, delete the updater-script and replace it with the one you just downloaded

Um, I have not DL any updater-script. Is there a link for it that I missed?

Edit: I found it - sorry and Thank You

Last edited:

tat2me2

Nov 26, 2007
Gravois Mills
Well, apparently I'm not able to get this working on my phone - I downloaded the updater-script from a few post's back and replaced the one in the v2 rom - Still fails when trying to install.

dd98

May 19, 2013
Well, apparently I'm not able to get this working on my phone - I downloaded the updater-script from a few post's back and replaced the one in the v2 rom - Still fails when trying to install.

well then the only things that i can think of is a bad download, improperly copied to your device's storage or you have an old version of twrp

Reactions: tat2me2

sdana

Jan 7, 2011
So I just extract the zip, replace the file, and then rezip and flash?

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

tat2me2

Nov 26, 2007
Gravois Mills
well then the only things that i can think of is a bad download, improperly copied to your device's storage or you have an old version of twrp

Success!!! I re-downloaded to phone this time, extracted zip via root explorer, replaced updater-script, zipped, wiped and then flashed rom - no problems - I think the issue was I forgot to take off the .bin extension from the script when I was pasting it in the folder. Anyway, I'm gonna check it out now. Thanks for the input very much

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

One more question, aosp roms always seem to have less reception than say a stock or otherwise modified factory HTC rom, why is that or is it not worth explaining?

Thanks again

dd98

May 19, 2013
So I just extract the zip, replace the file, and then rezip and flash?

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

Or you could open the .zip file (dont extract it) go to Meta-Inf ;> com > google > android and just delete the updater script and copy the one you downloaded into the zip files window

tat2me2

Nov 26, 2007
Gravois Mills
After flashing this rom and trying it out for awhile I noticed the phone was getting extremely hot and while it was plugged in it appeared to be charging but it was not. I installed another rom but it was doing the same thing so i fell back on the stock back up but no luck, still not charging and keeps getting very hot. Any ideas as to whats going on?

Dark Jedi

Sep 23, 2012
Are you using the charger that came with the phone or a different Phone charger? You running tethering or anything like that? Do know tethering and game apps can produce a lot of heat and the phone has a fail safe to stop charging once the temp goes over a certain point.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dd98

May 19, 2013
After flashing this rom and trying it out for awhile I noticed the phone was getting extremely hot and while it was plugged in it appeared to be charging but it was not. I installed another rom but it was doing the same thing so i fell back on the stock back up but no luck, still not charging and keeps getting very hot. Any ideas as to whats going on?

Are you using the charger that came with the phone or a different Phone charger? You running tethering or anything like that? Do know tethering and game apps can produce a lot of heat and the phone has a fail safe to stop charging once the temp goes over a certain point.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

turn it off, let it cool down for an hour and then start charging it by plugging it in while the phone is still turned off, this worked when my htc one s was overheating

tat2me2

Nov 26, 2007
Gravois Mills
turn it off, let it cool down for an hour and then start charging it by plugging it in while the phone is still turned off, this worked when my htc one s was overheating

Phone is now completely dead and will NOT charge, took it in to local Verizon store and they got the same results. ordered a replacement but won't be here till next Tues. Bummer.

Thanks for the help

dbornack

Oct 14, 2010
Chicago
Phone is now completely dead and will NOT charge, took it in to local Verizon store and they got the same results. ordered a replacement but won't be here till next Tues. Bummer.

Thanks for the help

This is why I"ll never pull the trigger on an AOSP ROM for this phone. I went through 5 devices trying to run CM, SlimKat, etc.. Not everyone sees these issues, but with my experiences, and others having the same, I just can't do it.

tat2me2

Nov 26, 2007
Gravois Mills
This is why I"ll never pull the trigger on an AOSP ROM for this phone. I went through 5 devices trying to run CM, SlimKat, etc.. Not everyone sees these issues, but with my experiences, and others having the same, I just can't do it.

Thank You, and yes, I'm right there with you - I firmly believe it rendered my phone useless. I'm not mad, just disappointed. And it certainly won't keep me from trying new roms.

hightech316

Jan 27, 2011
github.com
OnePlus 8T
I firmly believe it rendered my phone useless..
Sorry to hear, did you try a installing Stock RUU via PC? I've seen that fix some issues that you are experiencing. ( Before you sent in )

I have flashed AOSP countless times, on countless devices.

Prior to doing so I always make a backup .

So if I get stuck in a bootloop I can revert back.

I have ran into situations when the phone would not turn on at all after flashing a rom. When this happens ( Doesn't happen alot ) I plug the phone into my PC and use ADB to get into recovery, or if I need to ill use fastboot to reinstall the recovery ...

Last edited:

tat2me2

Nov 26, 2007
Gravois Mills
Sorry to hear, did you try a installing Stock RUU via PC? I've seen that fix some issues that you are experiencing. ( Before you sent in )

I let the phone sit for a few hours without even looking at it, when I picked it up the phone was extremely hot and would not turn on, charge, boot into fastboot/hboot etc. tried just about every outlet in my house to charge it and 3 different computers (PC and Mac) as well - I've since received a replacement from Verizon so all is well again :) Thanks for all of the input folks !!!

tifford

Jul 14, 2011
birmingham
I've downloaded the zip file 6 different times tonight. same result.

i get an error when trying to open / unzip the file to replace the updated script because i get an immediate fail in TWRP. I've checked the md5 every time. I'm confused as to why I can't even unzip it. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] CyanogenMod 11S • OPO Stock ROM • Android 4.4.4 • 11-OCT • v5 • m7_wlv

bdTEdpa.png
    Hello XDA, I proudly present you with a port of CyanogenMod 11S for the Verizon HTC One​

2kihxt.png

All CyanogenMod 11S features
    • AudioFX
    • Screencast
    • Themes Showcase
    • Modified Lockscreen
    • Advanced Theming Capabilities
    • Cyanogen Inc. Bootanimation
    • ART Compatible
    • OnePlus Camera
    Latest Android 4.4.4 (KitKat)
    Integrated CM Kernel Control in Settings
    Integrated CM Superuser in Settings
    Init.d Support
    Very Stable
    Super Smooth
    Great Battery Life
    Project ERA Sound
    MultiROM Support​

t0hput.png

1. Make sure you have the latest TWRP recovery installed, if you don't you can download it here
    2. Download the ROM and place it on your SD Card
    3. Reboot into recovery
    4. Wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik-Cache
    5. Install the ROM
    6. Reboot and Enjoy

25jcdh5.png
    Installing ROM as Primary ROM
    Please note that MultiROM is optional

Just follow the Installation Instructions above and make sure "Inject MultiROM" is checked before flashing

Please note that the kernel inside this ROM does NOT have the kexec-hardboot patch​

Installing ROM as Secondary ROM
    1. Before doing this, make sure your primary ROM's kernel has kexec-hardboot patch, the MultiROM zip installed and you have MultiROM TWRP 2.7.0 installed
    2. Download the ROM and place it on your SD Card
    3. Reboot to recovery
    4. Go to Advanced > MultiROM > Add ROMs > (Make sure Android is selected) Next > ZIP File > Select the v5 zip and let it install
    5. When you reboot you should see your Internal ROM and CyanogenMod 11S v5

33wxnx1.png

(From original thread)

2dan7fk.png

Gapps are not required, they are included in the ROM

29n876x.png

Taking pictures using Front Camera in OnePlus Camera app (Use a Play Store alternative)​

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11S (Verizon), ROM for the Verizon HTC One

Contributors
    dd98, mike1986., ZeroInfinity, CyanogenMod
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest TWRP recovery
    Based On: OnePlus One Stock ROM

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-10-11

Created 2014-08-24