!!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS THAT OCCUR WHILE INSTALLING/USING THIS !!!
This is a stock VS98547A firmware in flashable format. Big thanks to @roirraW "edor" ehT for getting us the 47A partitions!
- Why isn't this debloated?
- That wasn't the goal. I would HIGHLY recommend disabling OTA and all Verizon apps/services, however, as they are known to report your rooted status. There are plenty of threads here on xda describing this. You have been warned. The goal here was to distribute a full 47A base for all to do with as they please, nothing more.
- Will you be updating this?
- Unless I goofed and missed something on the initial upload, no.
- What exactly has been modified?
- I set the install up with a systemless SuperSU 2.68 beta, busybox, and removed a few LG Security checks. That's it.
- Can I take an OTA with this installed?
- Again, you should NOT take an OTA with this.
- What bootstack should I use with this?
- You should be on the 35B bootstack (located HERE). Without going into great detail, the 47A modem won't work without the corresponding 47A secondary bootloader (sbl1). Unfortunately, the 47A sbl1 doesn't play nice with the last bump-exploitable Android bootloader (aboot) we have from 12b. If you use that pairing, you'll put your device into 9008 bulk mode. So, that door is closed for now if you want a custom recovery or kernel. You are welcome to try using some of the other supporting partitions (dbi, factory, rpm, tz) to see if there are any improvements, etc. Just remember to stay away from modem and sbl1. Everything seems to work fine with the 35B set, but we'll find out one way or another as more people use this. I will look into a way to get the 47A modem working when I have time.
- Will you be actively supporting this?
- As this is a stock firmware package, any issues you have while using it are in LG/Google/Verizon's code. As such, I will not be supporting this. XDA has a Q&A section for general help.
- Make sure you have a backup in case anything goes wrong.
- If you aren't already using it, flash the 35B bootstack zip (link above).
- Wipe data & cache in TWRP (do not wipe internal storage unless you have the install zip on an external sdcard)
- Flash the VS98547A FW zip below. DO NOT swipe the prompt in TWRP to install SuperSU. TWRP doesn't see SuperSU because it isn't in system, but it's still rooted. Also, the phone will reboot twice after flashing. This is a normal part of the systemless SuperSU install.
Devs: Feel free to use any/all of this. There's no need to ask for permission, but you must give credit in your OP.