FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

VS985 47A - Stock Flashable Firmware

1,248 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,287

By xdabbeb, Inactive Recognized Developer on 30th January 2016, 05:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
!!! PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE PROCEEDING !!!
!!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS THAT OCCUR WHILE INSTALLING/USING THIS !!!

This is a stock VS98547A firmware in flashable format. Big thanks to @roirraW "edor" ehT for getting us the 47A partitions!

FAQ:
Quote:

1. Why isn't this debloated?
    • That wasn't the goal. I would HIGHLY recommend disabling OTA and all Verizon apps/services, however, as they are known to report your rooted status. There are plenty of threads here on xda describing this. You have been warned. The goal here was to distribute a full 47A base for all to do with as they please, nothing more.
  2. Will you be updating this?
    • Unless I goofed and missed something on the initial upload, no.
  3. What exactly has been modified?
    • I set the install up with a systemless SuperSU 2.68 beta, busybox, and removed a few LG Security checks. That's it.
  4. Can I take an OTA with this installed?
    • Again, you should NOT take an OTA with this.
  5. What bootstack should I use with this?
    • You should be on the 35B bootstack (located HERE). Without going into great detail, the 47A modem won't work without the corresponding 47A secondary bootloader (sbl1). Unfortunately, the 47A sbl1 doesn't play nice with the last bump-exploitable Android bootloader (aboot) we have from 12b. If you use that pairing, you'll put your device into 9008 bulk mode. So, that door is closed for now if you want a custom recovery or kernel. You are welcome to try using some of the other supporting partitions (dbi, factory, rpm, tz) to see if there are any improvements, etc. Just remember to stay away from modem and sbl1. Everything seems to work fine with the 35B set, but we'll find out one way or another as more people use this. I will look into a way to get the 47A modem working when I have time.
  6. Will you be actively supporting this?
    • As this is a stock firmware package, any issues you have while using it are in LG/Google/Verizon's code. As such, I will not be supporting this. XDA has a Q&A section for general help.

Installing:

Quote:

1. Make sure you have a backup in case anything goes wrong.
  2. If you aren't already using it, flash the 35B bootstack zip (link above).
  3. Wipe data & cache in TWRP (do not wipe internal storage unless you have the install zip on an external sdcard)
  4. Flash the VS98547A FW zip below. DO NOT swipe the prompt in TWRP to install SuperSU. TWRP doesn't see SuperSU because it isn't in system, but it's still rooted. Also, the phone will reboot twice after flashing. This is a normal part of the systemless SuperSU install.

Downloads:

Quote:

Firmware:

Devs: Feel free to use any/all of this. There's no need to ask for permission, but you must give credit in your OP.
The Following 77 Users Say Thank You to xdabbeb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xdabbeb Ad-Free

30th January 2016, 05:54 AM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,287

Donate to Me
More
reserved
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to xdabbeb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xdabbeb Ad-Free
30th January 2016, 06:42 AM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 5,004

Donate to Me
More
VS985 debloat scripts
Here's a link to my VS985 debloat scripts post for both the VS985 and VK810. My debloat zips have been updated and will work with both devices up to 46A for the VS985.

NEW: @@joshua70448 was kind enough to make an online tool to automate making custom debloat zips according to what a user selects to debloat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua70448

I put together an online tool that lets you pick exactly which files to remove in a debloat script and builds the flashable ZIP and MD5 files for you (as well as a full list of deleted files).

Link to his online tool and to his original thread to thank in my thread I link to above.

These should work for 47A or any future stock ROM release as well. If they added any new bloat or changed the location of any bloat it would work for everything but what they changed.

The only things I've done to the debloat scripts every time a new stock ROM is released is added any new locations and unnecessary apps.

@RoxanaSchram linked a flashable zip of a standalone version of Verizon Visual Voicemail in this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=654

Here's a link to the non-flashable 46A Verizon Visual Voicemail app that the "All" and "Verizon" debloat scripts remove: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=28519. You'll have to extract it (I use ZArchiver in the Play Store), move the folder to system/priv-app and give the apk the same permissions that other APKs in other subfolders of priv-app have.

Most anything else you should be able to find in the Play Store.
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift roirraW "edor" ehT Ad-Free
30th January 2016, 07:04 AM |#4  
Flag Mesa
Thanks Meter: 309

More
Y'all are truly great! I'm going to flash the hell out of this soon.

Thank you for all of your work!
30th January 2016, 08:46 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Thanx, For me, you said I was a little bit difficult😓😓😓. actually, 12b bootstack +24b modem, can run well.

VS985 USER
The Following User Says Thank You to andy_zhang For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andy_zhang Ad-Free
30th January 2016, 11:30 AM |#6  
Flag Moca
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Thanks brot you are awesome... My question i can install xposed whit this rom
30th January 2016, 11:54 AM |#7  
Flag lahore
Thanks Meter: 871

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT

First! ☺

I probably will post debloat zips here sometime. Similar to my ones for the VK810.4G LG G Pad 8.3 I have, and have linked to in my signature below. They will partially work in the meantime, just some apps are in different places on the G3 so some won't get debloated.

My No OTA zip should definitely work though.

I'll post direct links when I'm ready.

Downloading the ROM right now.. Will flash..will Make a backup and then i will try debloat zip from Jasmine thread.

What u say.. Is it worth to try?
Any precautions to be made?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
30th January 2016, 12:36 PM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Columbus, OH

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhas729

Downloading the ROM right now.. Will flash..will Make a backup and then i will try debloat zip from Jasmine thread.

What u say.. Is it worth to try?
Any precautions to be made?

Same precautions as usual, backup. It should work fine - mine just debloat more, but I got started by modifying @hsbadr 's with his permission. Debloating is just deleting files.
Quote:
Originally Posted by makysssdroid

Thanks brot you are awesome... My question i can install xposed whit this rom

You can try. Instructions in the Xposed thread.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift roirraW "edor" ehT Ad-Free
30th January 2016, 12:53 PM |#9  
Flag Moca
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Yeahhh but in say to use d855 xposed support or install xposed zip only
30th January 2016, 01:20 PM |#10  
Flag lahore
Thanks Meter: 871

More
Installed it. Running smooth

Thanks everyone for contributions and @xdabbebs for making it possible

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1454159913413.jpg
Views:	5348
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	3627742  
The Following User Says Thank You to minhas729 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift minhas729 Ad-Free
30th January 2016, 01:34 PM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Columbus, OH

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by makysssdroid

Yeahhh but in say to use d855 xposed support or install xposed zip only

I don't understand what you're asking but they should be able to answer in the Xposed thread.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)