!!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS THAT OCCUR WHILE INSTALLING/USING THIS !!!
Please follow the XDA rules. This is a development thread, not a Q & A or opinion thread. If your post isn't related directly to development (within reason), it will be ignored and/or reported to the moderators. Speculation/flaming/attacks/rants will not be tolerated.
This is a heavily modified/gutted stock LG fw based on their 48a release. My goal was to get as close to an AOSP weight as an OEM LG fw distro can get while still having everything work. I have also added functionality that wasn't present in the stock fw. Due to my schedule I won't have time to add different options for other people, etc. As the name implies, this is just how I run my phone.
How to Install:
- Peform a full nandroid backup.
- Flash the 35B bootstack zip found below. I have provided 12b and 24b bootstack zips for use with other firmware.
- Wipe data/cache within twrp. You should leave internal storage alone. If you fail perform this step and have any issues while running the firmware, start this whole install process again and follow this step before posting.
- Flash the latest firmware version below after verifying the md5.
- Kernel/Firmware options:
- This is a trimmed down kernel built for speed/stability/efficiency.
- Tune CAF touchboost by creating /sdcard/touchboost file and rebooting. If the file is empty, boost freq is 1036800 Hz. If you want a different one, just put the value inside the text file (no spaces). Valid options are (0, 422400, 652800, 729600, 883200, 960000, 1036800, 1190400, 1267200, 1497600, 1574400, 1728000, 1958400, 2265600, 2457600). ***NOTE: 0 = off
- Tune LG's interactive gov more for battery life vs performance by creating /sdcard/battery file and rebooting.
- Disable LG oversharpening (thanks to @savoca) by creating /sdcard/sharpfix file and rebooting.
- Enable adreno idler by creating /sdcard/adrenoidler file and rebooting.
- Enable SEAndroid permissive mode by creating /sdcard/permissive file and rebooting.
- Toggle MultiUser on/off by creating /sdcard/multiuser file and rebooting TWICE
- Toggle autorun popup with USB connection on/off by creating /sdcard/autorun file and rebooting TWICE
- Toggle miracast on/off by creating /sdcard/miracast file and rebooting (by default this is OFF)
- Disable even more apps (after initial setup ONLY) by creating /sdcard/disableapps and rebooting (revert by creating /sdcard/enableapps and rebooting) *NOTE: Among the apps disabled are LG's Home and Keyboard, so make sure you have 3rd-party ones installed first. View the full list and add your own by checking the contents of /system/etc/init.d/98xdabbeb
- If you wish to restore data using Titanium Backup or some other app, you are welcome to do so, but if you encounter problems, you must follow these steps again WITHOUT restoring data before posting.
- Fixed hotspot provision
- Allow stock camera app UI to display properly @ BOTH 560/640 dpi
- Updated bundled SuperSU to 2.78-SR1 to fix vulnerability
- Added photo/video resolutions to stock camera app
- Fixed stock camera app UI to display properly @ 560 dpi
- Initial MM Release
- Initial LP Release - KK release (1.0.0) was/is only for my testing
NOTE: AFH provides md5 checksums of all downloads on their site. Please verify them before installing.
XDABBEB's VS985 3.1.1
XDABBEB's VS985 2.0.0
35B File Manager
3Minit battery mod + remove Lockscreen circle - courtesy of @netookska05
- Brut.all & iBotPeaches - apktool
- JesusFreke - smali/baksmali
- Team Codefire - bump
- Team Win - TWRP
Before posting about any issues, make sure that you have followed the install directions explicitly (including wiping data and NOT restoring backed-up data). If you are using a 3rd-party kernel, you must revert to the included kernel first. You must provide DETAILED steps to reproduce the issue along with a log if appropriate or your post will be ignored/moved/deleted/etc. If you don't know how to get a log, HERE is a good tutorial. There is also an excellent app available on the Play Store called SysLog that you can use on your phone.
Devs: I will provide flashable zips or tutorials for any included apps/modifications that I intend to share. I do not authorize anything else to be shared, used or uploaded elsewhere.
XDABBEB's VS985, ROM for the Verizon LG G3
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: VS98535B Bootstack
Based On: Stock LG fw
Current Stable Version: 3.1.1
Stable Release Date: 2016-09-20
Last Updated 2016-09-20