Bump! - Sign (unlock) your own boot images for LG phones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
Some issue with CyanogenMod being unwilling to add a call-out to the Bump server (external) into automated CM builds ?

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
just dropped another $100 to @thecubed and team codefire, just because they deserve it.
without them this phone would be stuck on stock, and im not going to stand for that.
if you use or benefit from their work, you should man up and donate. $1, $5, $whatever you can afford. not donating out of entitlement just shows your disrespect for all the work they have done to provide this development for us.

support development if you can at any amount. you wouldnt work for free, why should they?

deathsquad737

Mar 29, 2014
dope city Oroville cali
just dropped another $100 to @thecubed and team codefire, just because they deserve it.
without them this phone would be stuck on stock, and im not going to stand for that.
if you use or benefit from their work, you should man up and donate. $1, $5, $whatever you can afford. not donating out of entitlement just shows your disrespect for all the work they have done to provide this development for us.

support development if you can at any amount. you wouldnt work for free, why should they?

Your more than right I wish I had any money to give my son got put on the autisim spectrum and his school is outrageously pricey.to the devs my many thanks and hats off to you!

A.L.B/E.B.B

afaneh92

Account currently disabled
Jul 31, 2012
@thecubed good work you and your team, I just want to ask if there any chance to get this work on verizon s3!
You know our device stuck on locked bootloader. Any help appricated.

thecubed

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2008
Austin, TX
Hi guys!
You might have noticed that the Bump site is dead.

Please thank Cybojenix and EnderBlue for the kindness.

For reference, see this post and the context therein: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56991448&postcount=8

Yes, this is harsh, and yes I do feel bad about it. However, I am sick and tired of people accusing me and my team of things we're not doing, and sick of people being entitled to things that we do in our spare time.

As usual, everyone who's supported us and the team - Thank you! You're the lifeblood of this community.

Sadly though, I'm done. I'm done with Android and I'm done with rooting and unlocking phones. The G3 is the last phone I will root or unlock publicly.
Sorry guys that it had to come to this.

Arjen

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 26, 2011
Musselkanaal
Ok guys,

I know you are upset, but please do not use this thread to flame etc.
I cleaned up the offtopic posts and I hope I (or another mod) won't have to do this again.

workdowg

Apr 17, 2011
Seneca Falls
Ok guys,

I cleaned up the offtopic posts and I hope I (or another mod) won't have to do this again.
Honestly, there is no longer a need for this thread to exist. It only serves to aggravate... I am thankful for team codefire and will ALWAYS be willing to donate/pay for their services.

Sent from my VS985 4G

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
Ok guys,

whats the point really? the basis of this thread is gone. all there is left to do is vent our disapproval. we certainly cant use the tool listed in this thread. its been stolen, kanged and copy- written by a troll. by xda not taking action against cybo, the impression is left that this sort of thing is ok.

either way, this thread is in the development forum, and it no longer contains any development. if your not going to let us vent about it, then you should close the thread, it is not likely to stop.

Arjen

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 26, 2011
Musselkanaal
whats the point really? the basis of this thread is gone. all there is left to do is vent our disapproval. we certainly cant use the tool listed in this thread. its been stolen, kanged and copy- written by a troll. by xda not taking action against cybo, the impression is left that this sort of thing is ok.

either way, this thread is in the development forum, and it no longer contains any development. if your not going to let us vent about it, then you should close the thread, it is not likely to stop.

Agree, so now thread is closed!

Reactions: workdowg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone!

You may have doubted us, but here we are with a MAJOR release - Bump! Read on to learn more...

jP6fGhn.png

What is this?

This is Bump! A new and easy way to sign boot images for most modern LG phones so they'll boot on any locked phone.
    Bump an image once, and flash it to however many phones you please.

How does this work?

Simply create an account on the site, click "Bump!", upload the boot/recovery images (also known incorrectly as 'kernels') and the service will automatically Bump them for you.

Is this project open source?

No, this project is not open source. We are however an "open" project, as we are all for transparency and user discussion. With that in mind, we'll be participating in user discussions and providing bugfixes and changelogs when possible.

Who made this?

Team Codefire, of course!

Bump would not be possible without the help and support of many people.
    Please consider donating something to the people listed below to help them to continue to support your LG phone and to show your appreciation of all the hours they've put into this awesome unlock!
    • @thecubed - Paypal Donate - That'd be weird if I wrote something nice about myself here
    • @Shelnutt2 - Paypal Donate - This guy nearly single-handedly wrote the entire Bump site in a few days, and was stuck waiting for me to be around before we could test. He's awesome.
    • @IllegalArgument - Paypal Donate - Special thanks here, IllegalArgument really helped out and brought us across the finish line here. It's safe to say that we have the unlock today because of him - show him some love!
    • @autoprime - Paypal Donate - Generally awesome. Always helpful, always willing to test things, and a great guy to have on the team!
    • @AnimatronicRocketReptile - Paypal Donate - Crypto help, thanks!
    • @Dees_Troy - Paypal Donate - For building all these TWRP images for us, thanks so much!

I'm just a user, do I need this?

Most likely not. If you're just flashing ROMs, this is a tool for developers only. There is no need to Bump ROMs yourself if you're not editing anything in the kernel, recovery, or ramdisk.

How do I know if something is Bump'd?

Look for the word "signed" or "bumped" in the filename. We will create a new section of the site soon that allows you to verify that a file is bumped soon enough.

Okay, I'm a developer, and I want this now!

Great! Go here and register, and Bump away!
    Code:
    [URL="http://apps.codefi.re/bump"]http://apps.codefi.re/bump[/URL]

Please be sure to check the "About" section for answers to more Frequently Asked Questions!

Have fun, guys!
    lol @ bump sux
    haters will always hate? ohh shyt that was you lol nvrnnd
    one question from a non troll.
    why did you release now?
    lg patched bump in the L release?
    i just want to stomp out all these trolls bashing you for not releasing sooner.
    i am of the understanding that you wouldnt post this to protect us from updates?
    i respect your dedication to us and just want to clear the trolls of why we had to wait.
    $100 in your pay pal, for an explanation, and to piss off the trolls lol

fu to all those who bashed codefire for not releasing sooner.
    im putting up $100 for an explanation that you do not deserve. ( the trols, not codefire)
    donation sent...

haha i wanted to see what it was like being a hater myself ;)

and I want to thank you for the donation. Really appreciate that.. wow.
    Now I hope I can piss someone off enough for you. I'm not sure the reasoning is rage-inducing. . though I suppose no one should have been raging in the first place... so it doesn't take much. If not enough pissed from this post.. perhaps I can make up for it in follow-up posts as well haha. And if it is of any comfort.. just know people are still raging that this project is not open source and that it requires the website or api to bump an image. I'm still waiting for them to provide a better alternative tho... :good:

I actually just typed out a big story showing why it took 4 weeks.. but I actually think some things need to not be said right now.. as it's still a battle between us and LG. It's not over just yet... but things are looking good.

the edited version below... which I feel is still obvious to those who are reasonable humans...

if we made a move too early and put more cards on the table.. that could have compromised how effective Bump would be for all of us.. not only current G3 users but future ones as well. There were new updates coming out with bootloader changes and before rushing to something we needed to watch what was happening and try to see what may happen next. Leaks arrived and with those came more insight as to what was going on. Once we decided it was ok to move forward without jeopardizing things.. it was time to polish off the site.

In response to what some haters said... It was never the plan to wait "3-4 months until L to release"... The last few weeks were very busy behind the scenes.. from aosp dev to website dev to just seeing what LG was doing.. eventually we were confident and ready to move forward... aosp was mostly done.. site done.. time for release. It was after we were about ready to release that LG announced Lollipop was being officially released this week. I honestly thought it was a few more weeks away.

everything was in the best interest of the community.. we(Team Codefire and friends..) see a whole lot more than what presents itself on XDA and we wanted to make sure everything was done correctly and the best it could be. In the end here we are with great AOSP roms working on day 1 of release... Lollipop is here.. the site hasn't crashed... it's all good :victory:

there's been lots of haters and trolls throughout all of this... from the negativity that an "unlock" would never happen... to we ran off with the money... to we don't care about the community... to Bump's not coming out for 4 months now... to Bump is dead... to G3 development is dead... what it comes down to is people being entitled and being used to getting what they want when they want it and only thinking about themselves.

Many of them are the same people that would complain if Bump got patched too early... or AOSP sucked cuz the camera or GPS wasn't working yet... or whatever else. I've noticed that many of the haters(not everyone) played no part in the bounty or donations.. they were just so bored with life all they could do was get angry at people taking their free time to help an entire community. How dare we not cater to their demands... for free(thank you to ALL donators... but the bounty payout was FAR BELOW the total.. so please don't anyone think we're rich. And if it were about the money we would have gotten a different job).

Trolls will be trolls.. haters will be haters.. they cannot be reasoned with nor will I even attempt to convert any of their opinions.

So ya.. I'm not sure if any of this is enough to make someone rage because to me it was common sense from the start... why did we wait to release Bump? Because we know best :cool:
    Hi guys!
    You might have noticed that the Bump site is dead.

Please thank Cybojenix and EnderBlue for the kindness.

For reference, see this post and the context therein: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56991448&postcount=8

Yes, this is harsh, and yes I do feel bad about it. However, I am sick and tired of people accusing me and my team of things we're not doing, and sick of people being entitled to things that we do in our spare time.

As usual, everyone who's supported us and the team - Thank you! You're the lifeblood of this community.

Sadly though, I'm done. I'm done with Android and I'm done with rooting and unlocking phones. The G3 is the last phone I will root or unlock publicly.
    Sorry guys that it had to come to this.
    Awesome Job @thecubed & Team!! i thought you were waiting til lollipop to release the bump site lol.. either way no complaints from me ;)

Thanks again for your dedication to this project!!