FORUMS

Sooooooo many problems since nougat update!

133 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By Dangerous Dave, Senior Member on 13th December 2016, 02:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Well this really sucks. I've been telling people for a long time that my G5 has been the best phone I've ever had...a true powerhouse. Then came the Nougat update. Since then it's been nothing but problems. I called Verizon, LG (useless), and Google. All said 'try a factory data reset, that should fix everything'. Yeah, right. So after the Ohhhhhhh-so-painful FDR, I still have all the same problems. When plugging in the oem or third party fast chargers (I have two of each), the notifications will simultaneously say "slow charging" and either "charging" or "fast charging" at the same time. Unplugging and reconnecting will fix it every time. Also, I'm getting ghost images when changing screens...I can still see a shadow of the previous screen which eventually fades away. These are both just minor annoyances, but still weren't there before. But also, my NAV appears to have a hard time keeping track of where I am. More annoying. But the biggie is that I can no longer use any of my many Bluetooth headsets for phone calls. You just can't have a Bluetooth conversation anymore. Streaming audio is fine. But calls aren't doable. That's a problem. Since I already tried an FDR to no avail, Verizon is going to send me a new phone. All I can say is if it comes with Marshmallow, I'm leaving it that way. Any benefits that Nougat brought are far outweighed by the problems. I'll wait until they fix it, maybe then. Anybody else been so plagued by this update?
D Dave
13th December 2016, 08:17 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have the same problem.. I have to charge and re-start the phone to make the phone "charging" otherwise it is intermittently connected and disconnected.. I've done factory reset and didn't work out also.. I guess getting a new replacement from T-mobile is the option here.
14th December 2016, 11:53 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
I got the new phone that Verizon overnighted to me and got it all set up. It thankfully came loaded with marshmallow and is working fine, but keeps prompting me to install Nougat. I'm going to keep postponing the update for now to give them a chance to work the bugs out. Is there anybody out there who has installed the update on their Verizon G5 without any problems after?
The Following User Says Thank You to Dangerous Dave For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dangerous Dave Ad-Free
24th December 2016, 08:21 AM |#4  
Flag Kansas
Thanks Meter: 26

More
I have the charging issue as well and it started with 7.0.
24th December 2016, 01:39 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
You should report it. They won't fix something if only a couple people report the problem. They sent me a new phone and I've managed to defer the 7.0 update for over a week now. It prompts me everyday, but I just say later! I'll wait awhile to see if they fix it. The unbearable Bluetooth call quality was just totally unacceptable.
24th December 2016, 05:36 PM |#6  
New York
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Nougat?
My G5 is still on Marshmallow, and does not see that there is any update to Nougat available. So what are you all talking about?
24th December 2016, 06:16 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
What carrier are you with? I'm on Verizon, so maybe not all carriers have it yet. Or maybe you're one of the lucky ones who wasn't randomly chosen to be a guinea pig and find all the bugs and glitches. ☺
24th December 2016, 10:56 PM |#8  
New York
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I'm on Verizon.

This is a Verizon LG G5 forum. Are those posting here WRT Nougat posting in the wrong place?
24th December 2016, 11:47 PM |#9  
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave

Is there anybody out there who has installed the update on their Verizon G5 without any problems after?

Me, totally problem free. No problems of any kind but it did fix one bug, I had an app that wouldn't run in Marshmallow and it's back working normally again with Nougat, who knows why?
The Following User Says Thank You to xs11e For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xs11e Ad-Free
25th December 2016, 06:50 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpradley

I'm on Verizon.

This is a Verizon LG G5 forum. Are those posting here WRT Nougat posting in the wrong place?

Try to keep up.
2nd January 2017, 03:34 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have the G5 on Verizon and am fully updated. The only problem I've had is with storage space. 85% full and I'm lagging frequently. I've deleted as much as I can, to no avail. I can't seem to get anything successfully moved to the SD card, so I'm not sure of its purpose.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)