Thanks Meter: 848

By tungkick, Account currently disabled on 14th March 2016, 01:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th December 2016, 12:36 PM |#501  
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello.
I'm living in Tbilisi / Georgia. My phone also from Verizon and it's unlocked, able for all simcards as you know. Wanna ask if i root my phone, this feature will still work, or no?
The Following User Says Thank You to SeriousDoc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SeriousDoc Ad-Free
8th December 2016, 09:08 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
LG V10 root for VS99024A
Can anyone tell me if where I can find directions to root the LG V10 with version VS99024A running?
9th December 2016, 01:50 PM |#503  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsalazar71

Can anyone tell me if where I can find directions to root the LG V10 with version VS99024A running?

There is no way to root VZW MM, including VS999024A. Maybe someday...
The Following User Says Thank You to OnceAMatrixMan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OnceAMatrixMan Ad-Free
18th December 2016, 08:11 AM |#504  
Flag Banjul

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAMatrixMan

There is no way to root VZW MM, including VS999024A. Maybe someday...

I thought the same method used in this post would work for my lgv10 Verizon on MM....is there any way to downgraded to Lollipop to gain root access?
18th December 2016, 08:24 AM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
If there was a way it would have been posted by now

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
23rd December 2016, 04:46 PM |#506  
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliwigy

thanks for the response! I figured i would have bad luck lol.. the phone is on 6.0 so i am screwed..

you guys cant even use a psuedo recovery like Multisystem or Flashfire?

Sent from my VS990 using XDA-Developers mobile app

So I suppose this post of mine comes down to, if you were me, what would you do?
I have rooted many samsungs and lenovo with adb as well as my sammys other methods, this seems easy. Just stinks I can not get LTE with verizon on my Cricket carrier sim however, its not so bad if that is the ONLY issue as in if I root or go/flash 22a and it stays sim unlocked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousDoc

Hello.
I'm living in Tbilisi / Georgia. My phone also from Verizon and it's unlocked, able for all simcards as you know. Wanna ask if i root my phone, this feature will still work, or no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsalazar71

I read all 51 pages of these threads as just bought an unlocked Verizon V-10 on 11b-05 so I suppose I can factory reset and lgup with the root .tot file, wherever that is as so many seem to have issues? I can not find marshmallow either, anybody know why mine would not update, every-time I check or updates on 5.1.1 with my Cricket sim in it or not as in just wifi or both, no updates found. Does this mean if I choose to go to MM versus ROOT I have to flash it 'if it is even available that way? I think I may just root as I do have text message issue and I never even rooted so safe to assume it is NOT the rooted tot file.

I think I may go for root, is page 7 or page 1 better to get the .tot file?

Also, does anybody know if after I do this is my phone will still read my cricket sim as in stay unlocked? I found this link below but I can not be sure, I did not unlock it, I bought it this way!

http://cellphoneforums.net/codes2unl...#axzz4TgBc8E8s

I suppose this is the one question now asked, maybe not known as I READ every last page, in detail but only the person recently asked same as me and still unsure where to get my files from and if I should go back to re doing 11 since already on it but had some issues with texts or just go straight to the rooted .11 nor do I know which link to trust to get the files! Hmm....

Any help appreciated, thanks guys. and ladies..

Thanks to all, DPR

BTW: Still very curious why it will not show 22a as upgrade for my sim unlocked phone, not that I want it. Just like to know ****.

PPS: Somebody did say somewhere that they achieved the band for LTE on at & t with a verizon v10 unlocked like mine (at & t equals cricket) by merely changing the IMEI on the sim to make it think its - ahh, not sure on that one. N/M. I will deal with that after I am rooted or on 22A depending. If nobody knows if it will remain unlocked I suppose I can do it and i not, just pay for an unlock code myself this time, how much is that usually?

Come on guys, I gave up my Blackberry Passport for this, lets help a guy out, I had to throw the passport at the wall as it was obvious that she did not trip, fall and land on his ****. :P
23rd December 2016, 06:34 PM |#507  
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire3element

No, the DTignite app is something new VZ has thrown in. Apparently it is able to download app packages and update to system level locations. That means the apps that the end user doesn't get to see (unless you have Root).
So it is kinda like an ota software of sorts. Just not the OTA update of the Android OS that we are all familiar with.
I've seen that app download as much as 84mb on my fathers phone in just a few mins time. Never did find out what it DL'd. I was in to big a hurry to get it stopped and delete all the data.
Just play it safe and keep that one disabled.

As for disabling the OTA apps, I made a guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v...-otas-t3289145
Its near bullet proof. You should have zero questions that the main post does not address. And the few issues that came up are in the comments on the first and second pages.

I highly suggest that everyone disable the OTA apps soon after Rooting

You my friend are a GOD, I have read this entire thread and this is the most useful or hopefully will be when I get rooted. Thanks for taken the time to do this as nobody else did. I also can not seem to find the files I need to root as in the .TOT as heard the first page's TOT is messed up? Do you have it? I also am unsure if still if I should do Upgrade or the other as I do not mind losing everything, I am going to wipe now anyway and as of now I am on a sim unlocked Verizon LG v10 with android - software version VS99011B that had some MMS-SMS issues but not at first, so it could be related to it being a Verizon phone on cricket network or just be the simple fact that it is software and answer peoples question that it is certainly NOT the rooted TOT causing this. It makes me ponder how to go about this, flash 11B AGAIN WITH LGUP over top of 11B or just go right to the rooted 11B or even back to 10B then back up to 11B THEN 11B rooted tot if that is even possible. Oh, the challenges! Next task, find the files? I read every page, either the links are expired OR it is the first page would people said they had issues with and had to refer to page 7 or(?) so I am at a loss for the file or files depending what way I should go.

Tad off topic but - I am also curious, is there a version of 22a to flash with LGUP as OTA is not working on mine (good thing because I am going to ROOT so I know I need 5.1.1-- 11B but do admit to being super curious why when I am on wifi it does or even with my sim or both it does not find an update, says I am up to date when I checked a few times. I am guessing I would need a Verizon sim card to do MM OTA and that is the cause or it is not working because it knows it is unlocked as in sim unlocked.

BTW: ALSO, Thanks to the OP for the fine work, once I am rooted - expect a decent donation from me. Paypal still? I wish this thread was put together better as do others but I "get it" as the OP does not speak English as his native so imagine it must of even been harder on him. Good for him! Heck, I can only speak/write one language myself so he has two up on me just right there. Again, thanks OP.

Does somebody have some quick suggestions on which route to take for me and the file or files I will be needing? I am not lazy, I looked. I just see that the first page seems to be trouble and two other links on random pages were DEAD ENDS. So, I know I am either flashing one rooted TOT or I am doing the KDZ over as in 11b over 11b or going back to 10b then up to 11b only to then go to 11b rooted if that is even possible to rollback in Lollipop or needed per my situation. I do not mind taking the longer route if it gives me the greatest chance of success.

First things first, I need the file(s) and a little advice/suggestion(s) from somebody who can put themselves in my shoes. Whoever that is, thank you in advance very much - truly appreciate it. I know I have questions that have NOT been asked and may not be able to be answered so I will be a guinea pig on some as in if the phone will stay sim carrier unlocked or I will have to purchase a new key.....

Thanks Guys.......

And.. Girls, 2503
4th February 2017, 11:50 PM |#508  

More
10b
Ok noob question here...I have VS99010B Do I have to install the 11B KDZ, or can I just install the rooted.TOT ?I have Straight Talk do I have to remove SIM card before rooting?
As this is the first phone I've had with a SIM...
Thanx in advance.
6th February 2017, 05:28 AM |#509  

More
Nevermind
Quote:
Originally Posted by budsatawny

Ok noob question here...I have VS99010B Do I have to install the 11B KDZ, or can I just install the rooted.TOT ?I have Straight Talk do I have to remove SIM card before rooting?
As this is the first phone I've had with a SIM...
Thanx in advance.

Ok well I rooted left in SIM..No probs at all.
Steps I followed..
1. Downloaded all files.(Lgup, rootedTOT, LG drivers for phone, and the 11b KDZ) My phone was 10b. Install LGup Program("LG store" one first then the"8994 DLL"one) and move the "common" folder to where LGup installed.
2. Plugged phone into pc, Ran LGup... Note: LGup didn't see my device at first, I disconnected then reconnected phone, windows downloaded a driver and presto..LGup saw it right away. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't see your phone right off.
3. I was told I didn't need to upgrade to 11b first, but I did it anyway. Choose the "Upgrade" option, select the 11b KDZ, and start, you will keep all your data, Took about 10 mins aprox.
4. Checked if software was upgraded to 11b, it was
5. Ran LGup again, again select "upgrade", used the rootedTOT let it run(takes a skosch longer than first upgrade)
6. Rooted..Let SuperuserSU update (mine did it twice) and you are now a free user do what you may.
Anyway hope this helps...
8th February 2017, 04:08 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
I followed the steps using 11b kdz on a marshmallow g3. The phone either ran out of battery or the wrong version caused it to soft brick/brick in general.
When I connect the phone to a computer I can hear the connection sound from Windows and download mode works I think because I see Qualcomm 9008 port driver In device Manager. Though the screen is always black.
Need some help here.
26th February 2017, 07:10 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Any way we can get an update on this link...or even better a bump'd thread with all options of updated Verizon V10 necessary root files? Thnx people!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m3t4m4n For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m3t4m4n Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root vs990

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)