FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Downgrading marshmallow 6.0 to lollipop 5.1.1

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By jingTongy, Junior Member on 2nd April 2016, 04:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Is this at all possible? When attempting to downgrade with LGUP, it interrupts the flashing process (usually) around 9% with this error:

Is there a way to force-flash it regardless of this error? Or am I stuck without root forever?

Any answers are greatly appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to jingTongy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jingTongy Ad-Free
3rd April 2016, 01:53 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
At this moment in time the answer is NO. This is why you want to not do an upgrade until root is confirmed for the newer OS. Once recovery is available maybe you might be able to get root back.
3rd April 2016, 05:49 AM |#3  

More
I should correct myself you can't use the kdz files and go back to lolipop

details here :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v...stock-t3224170

I was thinking about the TWRP method before, my bad.
3rd April 2016, 09:25 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJM

I should correct myself you can't use the kdz files and go back to lolipop

details here :

I was thinking about the TWRP method before, my bad.

Thank you for the snappy reply! I have been very closely watching these forums on updates to either downgrade to lollipop, or root marshmallow. I sure hope we can get this resolved for people who's phone came with marshmallow
4th April 2016, 08:34 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jingTongy

Thank you for the snappy reply! I have been very closely watching these forums on updates to either downgrade to lollipop, or root marshmallow. I sure hope we can get this resolved for people who's phone came with marshmallow

I had to downgrade using that same software when I purchased my Lg G3 and that alone sold me on the V10. With Samsung phones you are stuck if you have a newer OS.
4th April 2016, 04:46 PM |#6  
Flag Fairfax
Thanks Meter: 80

Donate to Me
More
The main reason you cannot downgrade is that the software won't flash an old version (as it checks your version stub), at all, on Verizon.
4th April 2016, 06:51 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeat257

The main reason you cannot downgrade is that the software won't flash an old version (as it checks your version stub), at all, on Verizon.

So, with the way you termed it, it sounds like it's a software problem with LGUP?? If so, do you think it can be patched to ignore the version?
4th April 2016, 08:48 PM |#8  
Flag Fairfax
Thanks Meter: 80

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jingTongy

So, with the way you termed it, it sounds like it's a software problem with LGUP?? If so, do you think it can be patched to ignore the version?

The software itself makes it do this, and it is irrevocable and not able to do so in the builds, it reminds me of when I had my galaxy s4 and this happened as well.
5th April 2016, 06:28 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
According to this thread , you can:

I normally do not root my phones, but I am having battery drain problems and I see no advantage to Marshmallow. I may downgrade if I cannot resolve my current problem.
5th April 2016, 06:44 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekoz

According to this thread , you can:

I normally do not root my phones, but I am having battery drain problems and I see no advantage to Marshmallow. I may downgrade if I cannot resolve my current problem.

Could you quote the part on that post where it talks about downgrading the firmware? As far as I can tell from the link you provided, that post only talks about returning the phone back to stock. And just to be clear, once you install the OTA update to the MM build, your stock is now the MM firmware. Please correct me if I am wrong.
5th April 2016, 07:35 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zatanas33

Could you quote the part on that post where it talks about downgrading the firmware? As far as I can tell from the link you provided, that post only talks about returning the phone back to stock. And just to be clear, once you install the OTA update to the MM build, your stock is now the MM firmware. Please correct me if I am wrong.

You may be correct, and hopefully somebody more knowledgeable than myself will chime in, but this text is part of the instructions from that thread:

TO GO BACK TO LP FROM MM - Open LGUP on your computer, click on FILE PATH and point it towards your LP KDZ. Close LGUP and re-open LGUP. Make sure you select REFURBISH this will do a FULL wipe, tick BIN file. Press Start. Make cup of tea and be patient
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)