FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Help getting into download mode.

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 7
 
By kwcummins22, Junior Member on 17th March 2016, 08:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have tried the power + volume down and plug the usb into the pc and I get to the Modified recovery where you can go into safe mode or factory reset, etc. I have done it before but it was Kingo root that did it. It's not working because I can't get to usb debugging mode. I need to go back to stock. Thanks
17th March 2016, 08:50 PM |#2  
mcbeat257's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fairfax
Thanks Meter: 80
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwcummins22

I have tried the power + volume down and plug the usb into the pc and I get to the Modified recovery where you can go into safe mode or factory reset, etc. I have done it before but it was Kingo root that did it. It's not working because I can't get to usb debugging mode. I need to go back to stock. Thanks

If you are using the LGUP method, you do not need to even go into download mode. If you are on the Verizon bootlooped screen you should be able to flash it back to stock right then and there.

Also there is no real recovery method that you can use so you will have to wipe it completely clean unless you have backups.
17th March 2016, 09:03 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
LGup says phone 'unknown' so it won't work. It worked yesterday. Not sure what happened. Tried the battery pull method but it still doesn't work.



Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeat257

If you are using the LGUP method, you do not need to even go into download mode. If you are on the Verizon bootlooped screen you should be able to flash it back to stock right then and there.

Also there is no real recovery method that you can use so you will have to wipe it completely clean unless you have backups.

17th March 2016, 09:11 PM |#4  
mcbeat257's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fairfax
Thanks Meter: 80
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwcummins22

LGup says phone 'unknown' so it won't work. It worked yesterday. Not sure what happened. Tried the battery pull method but it still doesn't work.

Does it go into the normal LGUP screen or is it something different?
17th March 2016, 09:35 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
fixed
i recopied the 'common' folder and it worked.malware detector may have deleted files? weird. up and working again. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwcummins22

LGup says phone 'unknown' so it won't work. It worked yesterday. Not sure what happened. Tried the battery pull method but it still doesn't work.

17th March 2016, 09:39 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
I had the same issue with my VS990. LGUP was not seeing the phone. Using the Recovery menu via power + volume down, I booted my phone into USB debugging mode. LGUP was then able to recognize my phone. I then chose the tot file, chose upgrade instead of refurbished, and clicked start. It auto restarted my phone into Download Mode and started the upgrade. If you can get the phone into USB debugging mode, you'll be set.
17th March 2016, 10:59 PM |#7  
rustypie's Avatar
Senior Member
Joplin
Thanks Meter: 184
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwcummins22

I have tried the power + volume down and plug the usb into the pc and I get to the Modified recovery where you can go into safe mode or factory reset, etc. I have done it before but it was Kingo root that did it. It's not working because I can't get to usb debugging mode. I need to go back to stock. Thanks

Plug a USB cable into your phone with your phone powered off, hold down on the Vol Up button and plug the USB cord into your computer. It should immediately boot into download mode. I have verified this works on my Verizon V10.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rustypie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rustypie Ad-Free
17th March 2016, 11:36 PM |#8  
mcbeat257's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fairfax
Thanks Meter: 80
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustypie

Plug a USB cable into your phone with your phone powered off, hold down on the Vol Up button and plug the USB cord into your computer. It should immediately boot into download mode. I have verified this works on my Verizon V10.

I just confirmed that works good job
18th March 2016, 12:58 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Huh. I did mine from a regular boot up, but in debug mode. LGUP commanded it to reboot into DL mode for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to freebird_78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift freebird_78 Ad-Free
18th March 2016, 01:14 PM |#10  
bantzt's Avatar
Member
Flag Shelbyville
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Download mode on the LG V10 is achieved the same way all other recent LG smartphones have been. Power the device off completely by either the power menu or battery pull. Plug your USB cable into your computer. I didn't have an issue with USB 3.0. Hold Volume up and plug in the phone to the computer. Keep holding Volume up until the phone says download mode. It will do a small loading screen then it will change, this is normal. You can leave download mode by pulling out the battery or by holding the power button for 10-15 seconds.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bantzt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bantzt Ad-Free
4th July 2016, 12:18 AM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bantzt

Download mode on the LG V10 is achieved the same way all other recent LG smartphones have been. Power the device off completely by either the power menu or battery pull. Plug your USB cable into your computer. I didn't have an issue with USB 3.0. Hold Volume up and plug in the phone to the computer. Keep holding Volume up until the phone says download mode. It will do a small loading screen then it will change, this is normal. You can leave download mode by pulling out the battery or by holding the power button for 10-15 seconds.

YOU SIR! Are the ONLY person to GET IT RIGHT! BINGO! Thank YOU!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes