By abine45, Senior Member on 13th February 2017, 02:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ready, set, ask me anything!
14th February 2017, 01:56 AM |#2  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I have a couple questions..

1. Is there any kind of ETA? I'm as patient as the next guy, but it's always nice to know! No worries if you don't have one though : )

2. Is there any proof of the K10 root working on the V10?

(not really a question but)
3. I know it's a very long time off, but in October of this year I will no longer be with Verizon and I'm willing to test anything around that time.
The Following User Says Thank You to supermansbrother For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift supermansbrother Ad-Free
15th February 2017, 05:37 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermansbrother

I have a couple questions..

1. Is there any kind of ETA? I'm as patient as the next guy, but it's always nice to know! No worries if you don't have one though : )

2. Is there any proof of the K10 root working on the V10?

(not really a question but)
3. I know it's a very long time off, but in October of this year I will no longer be with Verizon and I'm willing to test anything around that time.

1. Sadly I have no ETA, right now I have an init and a new sepolicy. I'm able to dirtycow the sepolicy but I can't find any way to get the init across without the phone rebooting before it finishes. I need a way to like freeze the init in a way to make it available for transfer. So there's that and the other guy we are working with is gone right now and idk yet when he'll be back and ready.

2. Well, he is helping me out but he had the same issue with the init sadly. So stuck again

3. I have a question for you.. what version of Android are you on currently?
18th February 2017, 12:50 PM |#4  
Flag New Hampshire
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Currently running a V10 from Verizon, Android version is 6.0.

After recent updates (a few months ago) from Verizon, I noticed my call blocking software was no longer working. I had the software set to block any numbers not in my contacts.

I poked around in the phone app settings and the Android settings, all settings allowing me to block callers from mt phone had been removed.

Verizon's "solution" to be able to block up to 5 numbers free for 90 days (then you have to reblock them) simply does not meet my needs. Paying extra for their service to block numbers is just rude to me. I'd go to another carrier first.

Is there any way to get those settings back on my phone so I can block numbers from my phone again?
18th February 2017, 04:22 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by artcarney

After recent updates (a few months ago) from Verizon, I noticed my call blocking software was no longer working. I had the software set to block any numbers not in my contacts.

I poked around in the phone app settings and the Android settings, all settings allowing me to block callers from mt phone had been removed.

Verizon's "solution" to be able to block up to 5 numbers free for 90 days (then you have to reblock them) simply does not meet my needs. Paying extra for their service to block numbers is just rude to me. I'd go to another carrier first.

Is there any way to get those settings back on my phone so I can block numbers from my phone again?

All those settings to block calls from verizon are a verizon thing, once it's changed it's changed. Verizon's contract with us says they technically own the phone and we are just borrowing it. So my first guess would be no you can't get that software back. I could look, depends on what you were using. My suggestion though would check out an app on the play store to see what you get. Once we get root you can probably find a good software for it.
28th February 2017, 02:30 AM |#6  
Flag los angeles
Thanks Meter: 64

Donate to Me
More
Do you expect roms to be available including nougat roms if/when root is achieved?
28th February 2017, 07:21 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapz54

Do you expect roms to be available including nougat roms if/when root is achieved?

Maybe I'll start a project for one but it's a big maybe, I'm going to try to also push out the updates to be flashed over twrp.
4th March 2017, 07:04 AM |#8  
Flag hamilton
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by artcarney

Actually, I've been using contacts+ and dialer+ from the play store on my last several phones and I no longer have to back up my contacts , call log, or texts! And, it has call blocking that does have the block everything not in your contacts. It has made rooting and breaking phones hurt a little less and/or be less of a pain in the @$$. I swear I have nothing to do with them, lol. I'm just a guy who likes to fiddle with this stuff who stumbled on this app purely by trial and error. If I can make one complaint, it's different than other dialers/contacts, and I don't think it's the prettiest app, but once you fiddle with it a while, it gets better. I wish I could skin it though, lol. Sorry for rambling, I just stumbled here and had to comment.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jymmiphreak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jymmiphreak Ad-Free
15th May 2017, 09:41 PM |#9  

More
Root for LG V10 VS990 with MM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abine45

Ready, set, ask me anything!

I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction?
I need to find a reliable, safe, proven way to root a LG V10 VS990 running MM.
Please, please, please help quickly.

Thank you so much!
~CM
15th May 2017, 10:03 PM |#10  
Flag New Hampshire

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmccrar

I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction?
I need to find a reliable, safe, proven way to root a LG V10 VS990 running MM.
Please, please, please help quickly.

Thank you so much!
~CM

Sorry, I personally can't help. Be advised if you root an Android device now, Netflix won't work.

See: https://www.engadget.com/2017/05/14/...ndroid-phones/
15th May 2017, 10:35 PM |#11  

More
Not worried a/b Netflix, thanks though
[QUOTE=artcarney;72306388]Sorry, I personally can't help. Be advised if you root an Android device now, Netflix won't work.

Not worried a/b Netflix, thanks though!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)