I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS YOU MAY CAUSE OR ENCOUNTER
I did not develop this, I'm only telling you how to do it.
Verizon S7 / S7 Edge [Root Guide] SM-G930V SM-G935V
This worked for me on the June Security patch!
- Mod edit: DevHost links removed
- SUPER SU (Note Use this one, Play store varient may cause issues)
**THIS WILL NOT FACTORY RESET THE PHONE... BUT BACKUP JUST INCASE**
Flashing the ENG BOOT:
- Open Odin
- Put S7 in Download Mode(shut of phone then; hold: power, home, volume down; Then press volume up to enter downlod mode)
- In Odin click the AP button and select the TAR: SM-G930 ENG BOOT Or SM-G935 ENG BOOT
- check the AP check box
- Flash the AP TAR
**THIS TOOK ONLY 5 SECONDS TO FLASH FOR ME THEN IT REBOOTED**
INSTALLING ROOT ACCESS:
- Unzip the SuperSU zip file into a folder(For me C:\rootS7 )
- Next download & unzip the tools.zip attached this is just the adb tools(Took me forever to find just these )
- Move adb.exe and both DLL in tools.zip into your folder... ie C:\rootS7
- Enable USB Debugging in developer options on Phone.
- Connect phone and double click root.bat in your folder.
- Once finished your phone will reboot
Congrats you have ROOT!!!
Wifi Password lost on reboot:
- Open /system/build.prop
- Change ro.securestorage.support to false
Odin won't Flash right:
- Check that you are in download mode
- If you are Factory reset then try again.
Phone is running hot:
I have not found an official solution: But you can try coolify or cpuset