FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Root For S7/S7Edge Oreo And Nougat

6,948 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,820

By jrkruse, Recognized Contributor on 22nd July 2018, 05:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Oreo Root For The S7/S7E (Will work on V8 Bootloader) Is Finally Here!!

A big thanks goes out to @klabit87 he is 99 percent the reason we have root! Also @stang5litre and stang5litre test group and @gustco for eng boot.img

Downloads

S7_Oreo_Nougat_Adb_Advanced_Root_V12.zip Recommended Root Zip

This zip gives you the option to install some cpu tweaks and will also. Install the entropy tweak that the SEFix app does. The tweak sets entropy to high by default I also include the SEFix app if you want to change the settings. I also set the swappiness settings to very high. If you want to change these settings you can download the speedup swap app from playstore. The above zip also removes knox and changes the fstab.qcom file to disable dm-verity on system files and remove all file encryption which makes it seem to work better and make it compatible with my no root roms that has to have this done to allow safestrap to work. Installing the above zip requires a data wipe unless you have already installed it or you are coming from my non rooted roms

S7_Oreo_Su_Binary_Only_ADB_Root.zip Alternative Root Zip

This root zip is only for oreo an only installs the su binary to the system/xbin folder giving you root privelages it has no tweaks and does not change the fstab.qcomn file to remove dm-verity and system file encryption. There is no SuperSU app installed either but you will have root privelages.

SuperSU.apk

If you need to reinstall the SuperSu app only use this one

Directions:

This works for Oreo And Nougat Roms

As always there is a chance of bricking your phone

1. Download and extract S7_Oreo_Nougat_Adb_Advanced_Root.zip

2. Reboot your phone to download mode

3. Inside the S7_Oreo_Nougat_Adb_Advanced_Root folder you will find an Odin_Firmware folder. Use Odin and flash the Eng Boot Image for your

phone

4. Once phone is rebooted and connected to computer click on the cmd-here.exe and type root.bat in the command window and hit enter

5. Follow directions on the comand window

6. You can only use system root on Oreo

7. Once root is done and root bat closes leave your phone alone for a few minutes it may reboot a couple of times

8. Sprint Users This should work for you as well just let me know if your phone reboots with eng boot.img installed like it did on nougat while try too run the root.bat. I may need to change some things

9. With this system root do not update su binary if in anyway you get something asking you to update binaries ignore it. You can also disable notifications about updating binaries. This will not affect su app

10. Don't flash any superuser zips in recovery that are not made by me

Bugs

The usual root bugs that were present in nougat are still present in oreo

This has not been tested much so new bugs may arise

Volte And Hotspot Fix

OREO_VOLTE_ICON_HOTSPOT_FIX.zip

Credits:

- @Raymonf for modified odin

- @afaneh92 for safestrap

- @me2151 for help and finding alternative flash methods

- @tytydraco for some instructions

- @mweinbach for some instructions

- @Craz Basics for help

- @partcyborg for help and guides other devices root methods

- @elliwigy for being great help when I need it

- @stang5litre

- @jds3118

- @Krog18

If I missed you please pm me

Donations

If you would like to donate please send all donations to @klabit87 PayPal Link Here and give a thanks!
The Following 69 Users Say Thank You to jrkruse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrkruse Ad-Free

22nd July 2018, 05:20 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,382

Donate to Me
More
It's awesome to see yet ANOTHER post by you! You're doing great. Looking forward to future development
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tytydraco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tytydraco Ad-Free
22nd July 2018, 05:49 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 496

More
Nice, hopefully I will update to Oreo on e @stang5litre does a new rom for us. Once again thanks @klabit87 and you also

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to orgulloso4202 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift orgulloso4202 Ad-Free
22nd July 2018, 06:08 AM |#4  
Flag Yekaterinburg
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I've selected "1 - Yes SafeStrap is Install" in :MENU5 phone reboted to SafeStrap how to exit? It is always rebooting to safestrap back.

Note: After I selected that menu console fast closed and I noticed some error.
22nd July 2018, 07:07 AM |#5  
OP Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abyss7

I've selected "1 - Yes SafeStrap is Install" in :MENU5 phone reboted to SafeStrap how to exit? It is always rebooting to safestrap back.

Note: After I selected that menu console fast closed and I noticed some error.

Wow sorry about that I had script wrong. You cant really enter safestrap can you?
Edit:
redownload zip from OP its fixed. As far as you not being able to boot flash the BL enter_safetrap file then enter safestrap then mount system use file manage and delete e2fsck from system/bin folder then rename e2fsck.bin to e2fsck then reboot to download and Flash BL file in BL slot And the Eng boot loader in the AP slot
The Following User Says Thank You to jrkruse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrkruse Ad-Free
22nd July 2018, 07:12 AM |#6  
Flag Yekaterinburg
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkruse

Wow sorry about that I had script wrong. You cant really enter safestrap can you?

On the contrary, I cannot exit from safestrap, it enters always after reboot. Sometimes screen contain small image of original loockscreen, it looks like split view.
22nd July 2018, 07:13 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 622

More
Nice!! Is this the binary you wrote and how did you get the script to fire off??
22nd July 2018, 07:13 AM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

On the contrary, I cannot exit from safestrap, it enters always after reboot. Sometimes screen contain small image of original loockscreen, it looks like split view.

follow my above directions
The Following User Says Thank You to jrkruse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrkruse Ad-Free
22nd July 2018, 07:14 AM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craz Basics

Nice!! Is this the binary you wrote and how did you get the script to fire off??

@klabit87 found a way to hook in a script at boot so normal root works
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jrkruse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrkruse Ad-Free
22nd July 2018, 07:15 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 622

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkruse;77136767 [MENTION=4168602

klabit87 found a way to hook in a script at boot so normal root works

Normal root as in SuperSU?? And hats off to you @klabit87
22nd July 2018, 07:16 AM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkruse

Edit:
redownload zip from OP its fixed. As far as you not being able to boot flash the BL enter_safetrap file then enter safestrap then mount system use file manage and delete e2fsck from system/bin folder then rename e2fsck.bin to e2fsck then reboot to download and Flash BL file in BL slot And the Eng boot loader in the AP slot

Follow these instructions
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
oreo, root, s7 edge, s7 flat

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)