FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] [ROOT] Remove RCS Service /Volte Service Icons

215 posts
Thanks Meter: 306

By x3demond3x, Senior Member on 5th July 2016, 05:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This will remove the RCS Service/ VoLTE Service icons that appear on the device after rooting.

Note: This requires ADB to be installed as well as knowledge of Push/Pull commands.

Step 1: Download Attached File.

Step 2: Type the following command
Quote:

adb remount
adb push (location) /system/app/imsservice/imsservice.apk

Step 3: Reboot

I will make a flashable zip when I have the time. For now this works just as well.
Attached Files
File Type: apk imsservice.apk - [Click for QR Code] (943.9 KB, 13500 views)
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to x3demond3x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift x3demond3x Ad-Free

5th July 2016, 05:41 AM |#2  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Meridian, ID
Thanks Meter: 861

Donate to Me
More
(a) thank you! I can report success here. I'll post back if anything odd comes up, but so far so good.

(b) don't forget to mount system R/W in your instructions, either from the device or with "adb shell mount -o rw,remount /system" or something

(c) I added a reference to this post in my how-to notes as one of the recommended next steps

Thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to psouza4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift psouza4 Ad-Free
5th July 2016, 05:48 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
This should work.
Put the file into your root folder of C:\adb
open up cmd and type
Code:
cd C:\adb
Copy and paste
Code:
adb shell mount -o rw,remount /system
Then
Code:
adb push imsservice.apk /system/app/imsservice/imsservice.apk
I made a batch file.
http://d-h.st/U55Z
Code:
adb wait-for-device
adb shell mount -o rw,remount /system
adb push imsservice.apk /system/app/imsservice/imsservice.apk
Make sure to restart your phone after it's done pushing the apk.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Argyrus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Argyrus Ad-Free
5th July 2016, 01:35 PM |#4  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Detroit, Mi
Thanks Meter: 1,671

More
You don't need to change the permissions afterwards?
And I don't know why mine is different but I found my imsservice.apk file in /system/priv-app, not /system/app
5th July 2016, 02:31 PM |#5  
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary100100

And I don't know why mine is different but I found my imsservice.apk file in /system/priv-app, not /system/app

So i pushed it through ES File finder, you just need to set permissions afterwards or com.google.phone will crash repeatedly. Installed in /system/priv-app
5th July 2016, 02:32 PM |#6  
Flag Queens, New York
Thanks Meter: 86

More
I either did something wrong or this eng boot is causing problems. Battery life is horrible, the phone runs very slow and random reboots. I set the cpu to interactive and tried ondemand, And flashed a clean install of the stock firmware (pb6) and factory reset before flashing the eng boot and rooting. When I get home from work I'm going back to stock. Does anyone have any suggestions that might help?
5th July 2016, 02:41 PM |#7  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Detroit, Mi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaNoob

I either did something wrong or this eng boot is causing problems. Battery life is horrible, the phone runs very slow and random reboots. I set the cpu to interactive and tried ondemand, And flashed a clean install of the stock firmware (pb6) and factory reset before flashing the eng boot and rooting. When I get home from work I'm going back to stock. Does anyone have any suggestions that might help?

Perhaps you could try posting in the right section?

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnztakedown

So i pushed it through ES File finder, you just need to set permissions afterwards or com.google.phone will crash repeatedly. Installed in /system/priv-app

Yeah I renamed the original file in /system/priv-app/imsservice/imsservice.apk to imsservice.apk.bak and copied it into /system/priv-app/imsservice and set permissions to 0644.
Everything worked out smooth which is actually surprising because it's odexed.
5th July 2016, 02:55 PM |#8  
Flag Queens, New York
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Woops sorry. I was browsing several threads and posted in the wrong section
5th July 2016, 04:18 PM |#9  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Meridian, ID
Thanks Meter: 861

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary100100

If you do it using the ADB push method, you won't have to set permissions (I didn't). On my Verizon Galaxy S7 (SM-G930V), on the most recent OTA, the file was definitely in /system/app YMMV, apparently
5th July 2016, 04:30 PM |#10  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Detroit, Mi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psouza4

If you do it using the ADB push method, you won't have to set permissions (I didn't). On my Verizon Galaxy S7 (SM-G930V), on the most recent OTA, the file was definitely in /system/app YMMV, apparently

Perhaps because this process gets completely disabled like the app was completely removed... because it just might be the case.
5th July 2016, 10:35 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaNoob

If you took a look in my Root guide at the bottom I told how to fix the slow/lag of the engBoot.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...-knox-t3410624

to fix the lag and overheatness
Install this first or another other kernel/CPU changer
This one works fine: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ladiutor&hl=en
  1. Open up the APP
  2. Go into the CPU settings
  3. Set CPU Governor to ondemand
  4. Apply on boot (You don't have to.)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)