FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Stereo Verify?

76 posts
Thanks Meter: 347

By mdwh, Member on 4th September 2016, 06:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I'm the developer of Open Camera, and I've had a reports of people unable to install my application due to "error 504" - usually this kind of thing is some device or Google Play issue that could happen with anything, but these all seem specific to Lenovo devices, particularly the Lenovo Vibe S1.

Someone sent me a screenshot showing that these devices have a pre-installed application "Stereo Verify", which has the same package name net.sourceforge.opencamera .

It's unclear what this app Stereo Verify does - it doesn't show as an application that can be launched, it only shows under Settings/Apps. Someone managed to launch it with QuickShortcutMaker, and said it "runs rather strange and only front (selfie) camera app" - they said it didn't look anything like the stock Lenovo camera.

It also uses the same icon that the early versions of Open Camera used.

The immediate problem is that users of this device can't install Open Camera. The more general question is whether this application is based on early versions of Open Camera, and if so, does it comply with the GPL...

For anyone with Lenovo phones - do you have this mysterious "Stereo Verify" on your phone? Does it prevent you being able to install Open Camera? Anyone know what this app might do? Did anyone receive either the source code, or a written offer for the source code to Stereo Verify?

Anyone know of a way to solve the problem or "error 504" where a pre-installed application has the same package name?

Thanks in advance,
mark

6th September 2016, 04:28 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
It's okay
I'm using Lenovo Vibe P1(p1a42) S288(last update) I have root and xposed installed.Your app is working with every function(led etc.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Sepkov For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sepkov Ad-Free
2nd February 2017, 06:28 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepkov

I'm using Lenovo Vibe P1(p1a42) S288(last update) I have root and xposed installed.Your app is working with every function(led etc.)

Can u please tell how to root my lenovo vibe p1
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)