[GENERAL HELP] Post Your Questions Here Instead of Making a New Thread

Search This thread

abhishekr700

Mar 20, 2013
New Delhi
www.geeksunboxed.com
Many people are joining xda on daily basis. Some of them join the forum to get custom ROMs while some join in order to get some of their problem that they are facing with their phones solved.

There are dedicated threads for ROMs but what about HELP/QUESTIONS??

People generally straight away start a new thread to get their doubts solved. But this can lead to chaos in the forum.

I'm creating this thread as an alternative to *New Threads* that aim to resolve a question.

Not only this, this thread can also become a Database kind of place where people can look if their question is already solved or not...

I request all members of the BLUE VIVO AIR sub-forum to help and answer some questions posted here if they can.

I hope you guys get the idea behind this thread...

jdss007

Jan 9, 2015
Hello
I am new here. I agree with you making a separate thread for q/a. So is this thread for all the devices or for only high end devices..?

ShivaXYZ

Jun 13, 2009
Official Lollipop images?

I got a Fly Tornado Slim from Russia which is identical to the Vivo Air.

Other names of the phone are: Kazam Tornado 348 (UK), Allview X2 Soul Mini (Romania) and Gionee Elife S5.1 (India, first appearance)

I checked all of the manufacturers, but couldn't find a lollipop firmware so far.

Did anyone have more success?

SSJGohon

Jun 7, 2010
NJ
Hmm I've tried towellroot framaroot and kingroot and they all failed...
Hopefully something works soon, I wanna remove all the preloaded crap lol

Reactions: CallmeTunde

SSJGohon

Jun 7, 2010
NJ
I've even tried the PC based ones, but I can't get the phone to work in USB Debugging mode on the PC so they wont see it.

ShivaXYZ

Jun 13, 2009
Tried all root tools so far and couldn't root it. Some people had the luck to root it, I heard. But it depends on the firmware installed.

I use the current "Kazam Tornado 348" firmware so far, which is a slightly modified Vanilla Android.

antmontero2006

Jan 6, 2011
Camera software non responsive.

Good morning ,

Good people. I Just received my BLU Vivo Air (black) yesterday and love it for the mid tier phone that it is. I love the form factor and how light and thin it is.

Right out of the box there was a minor update for bug fixes and performance. After that everything was still working fine. Including camera. Now this morning I attempted to use "CharmCam" once again to take a night shot. When I loaded the app there was a light haze and I could see the image behind the haze. It was as if the camera lens some how over exposed to allow more light in. The issue is that the software was also non responsive to the point of not even being able to take the picture. So I rebooted and still same result. I then tried the native camera app and this worked fine the first time and then the same haze and non responsive software buttons after the first picture.

Once I get a chance I am going to do a factory reset and see if that fixes the issue.

Still love everything else about the phone.

robertc88

Jan 27, 2012
I'm looking for some info on the stock launcher to see if it is even worth while keeping it versus installing GEL or Nova. The icons on screen don't bother me per se, I have an iPhone. :)

Last edited:

Rlee491

Jul 6, 2010
Vancouver
Issue with bluetooth phone audio in the car

Hi Everyone,

The issue i'm having with my Blu vivo air is the phone audio doesn't go through the car speakers or use the car mic. I'm connected through bluetooth and I can play all my media audio through my car speakers. It's only when i try to pick up a call and talk that this feature completely doesn't work.

I understand that with so many different car head units functionality can be a little different. I'm just seeing if any others are experiencing the same thing. I had no issues previously with my htc one. I just started loving this phone too, and this is a big feature for me. My only work around is to pick up my phone and take it off bluetooth and answer it normally, which i shouldn't be doing in my country. I own a scion fr-s stock head unit for those wondering. I hope there will be an update to fix this issue......

Thanks

Mojar7070

Jan 25, 2013
Hi Everyone,

The issue i'm having with my Blu vivo air is the phone audio doesn't go through the car speakers or use the car mic. I'm connected through bluetooth and I can play all my media audio through my car speakers. It's only when i try to pick up a call and talk that this feature completely doesn't work.

I understand that with so many different car head units functionality can be a little different. I'm just seeing if any others are experiencing the same thing. I had no issues previously with my htc one. I just started loving this phone too, and this is a big feature for me. My only work around is to pick up my phone and take it off bluetooth and answer it normally, which i shouldn't be doing in my country. I own a scion fr-s stock head unit for those wondering. I hope there will be an update to fix this issue......

Thanks

Have you tried to format the phone? I saw a post the fixed WiFi connection by formatting.

Also, a few of the users here has already received some updates. I believe the most recent is v11.

Sent from my 1+1

Soulz Rider

Mar 10, 2015
WiFi does not work

I just got mine days ago, the WiFi was working when i first set it up but then it stops for no known reason. i have done a factory reset on the phone and was able to connect to my WiFi network again, but as soon as the phone finish updating the WiFi stops working again. does anyone knows how to fix this? i really like the design of the phone, but i'm going to return unless this WiFi is problem permanently fix.

Kice

Jun 7, 2015
Vivo Air Battery Issue

I find Vivo Air to be excellent phone. Battery life is great, with 3G enabled it lasts more than 3 days, but it is my wife's phone and she mostly uses it for calls and viber.

The only issue that she has it that battery percentage is not shown correctly. The percentage goes down as it should be and after some time it will just go up. For instance it can go to 55% and the next time she lights the screen it will show 85% full. So, she does not know what actual battery status is. We tried with installing battery apps, DU Battery Saver, but it shows wrong battery percentage as well.

I have opened case with BLU company and they advised to perform factory reset, without wipe data cache, but it did not help.

BLU is a little bit slow with answers, so I tought that maybe somebody had same problem and can advise how to solve it.

So, any ideas what to do?

Top Liked Posts