FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

how to enable Exfat for sd cards on Walmart Onn Tablet (10.1 inch w/ keyboard)?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By rachelld, Junior Member on 8th December 2019, 12:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

This is my first time trying to root a tablet but managed to unlock the bootloader and install magisk + Edxposed, but was unable to find a module that enabled exfat for the sd card.
Currently it only reads Fat32 formatted cards but I would like to load a 10gb file on there that the device can read.

Any ideas how to go about this? will flashing a custom kernel/ rom help me with this?

All help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
8th December 2019, 05:00 AM |#2  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelld

Hi,

This is my first time trying to root a tablet but managed to unlock the bootloader and install magisk + Edxposed, but was unable to find a module that enabled exfat for the sd card.
Currently it only reads Fat32 formatted cards but I would like to load a 10gb file on there that the device can read.

Any ideas how to go about this? will flashing a custom kernel/ rom help me with this?

All help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I believe you'd need something like vold-posix, along with a version of magisk modified to inject it
But vold-posix is for Android 8.1, although I believe there is a modified 9 build for Pixels.

I'm not even sure if anyone has gotten any custom roms working on any of these yet, but if they have, might be your only option.
Today, 12:30 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Thanks!

As of now I think I bricked it....

I messed around and accidentally erased the system partition, tried to fix it by flashing the image posted here (https://forum.xda-developers.com/wal...-otas-t3998227) and now the screen won't turn on, no recovery mode, no adb..... the device is still detected through the SP flash tools though.
I think the image I used wasn't complete - can anyone upload a complete working image (including a scatter file) I don't care if it's stock or custom, just need something working on the device.

Thanks all!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)