[ROM][KERNEL] Ext4All by Skin1980 [AW 2.0]

Search This thread

Cero92

Oct 31, 2008
Neive
www.francescocrema.it
Hi everyone, I just installed this ROM using TWRP, but I found that it looks like it's not rooted.
When I run "adb shell su" I get an error saying that "su" is not found.

Do I need to run anything or flash something on top of this ROM?

Cero92

Oct 31, 2008
Neive
www.francescocrema.it

lesther70

Nov 21, 2008
Hi guys, my personal war against squashfs FS continue and for this I converted the new 2.0 Rom into a writeable, not-compressed and more comfortable EXT4 FS.

I also added a modded boot.img with some stuff like root, busybox, init.d etc. etc.

IMPORTANT: In the previous version i managed to optimize ROM ( removing some stuff ) in order to fit the system size. In this new version the original size is > 350mB and the only possible way I found was to resize system and cache partitions. By the way I'll not ask you to do anything, the installation script will do all by itself so flash and enjoy.

FEATURES:
- Ext4 FS ---> writeable and faster then stock compressed squashFS;
- Autoroot ( will be activated on first reboot );
- Busybox;
- init.d;
- 4 cores unlocked and managed by mpdecision, max freq 998 Mhz and ondemand governor;

DOWNLOAD

:good:

Last edited:

liam_davenport

Apr 17, 2014
Wakefield
HTC Desire
HTC One X+
Ok. Than why i can't install this without early ver's(2.0, 2.5, 2.6, 2.8)
I think all this ext4all versions - updates, but not a full ROM's

Their is some issues with installing from stock rom. OP posted a zip to resize partitions but doesn't work for me. He's been away from the telegram chat for a while also so think the rom might be dead

P.S I installed the img's you posted still on July patch 2.9 is also on the same patch. Think LG abandoned the watch not had an OTA since July

Sebaxakerhtc

Mar 21, 2016
P.S I installed the img's you posted still on July patch 2.9 is also on the same patch. Think LG abandoned the watch not had an OTA since July
For working Ext4All you should install all from 2.0 to 2.9. It's a all day of flashing watches. I think, more easy to install ext4All v3.0 from 1 file. Isn't it?
I rebuild official system.img with dpi=200, but i want a all black :rolleyes:. When i change framework-res.apk for this i have a bootloop(but i build squashfs, not ext4. May be it's my problem)

robbz23

Aug 7, 2009
I used this for almost a year but it was becoming sluggish with Google Assitant to the point that I had to use only basic watchfaces if I wanted to use GA. I finally gave it up and went back to stock but with the custom boot.img that enables all 4 cores at 900mhz. The difference has been night and day for me and I finally feel like I have a watch I can actually use.

trizzv

Jan 25, 2013
Hello

I accidentally wiped my OS and can only go to the bootloader and recovery TWRP. Can someone please tell me how to get an OS back on my urbane?

I'm using the tool that automatically flashes kernel/recovery/sideload. Can someone please explain how to flash this room/kernel?

@Skin1980 - by chance, are you still using an LG Urbane?

I tried flashing your aw1.5 files and regardless of stock w/ root system image, or your rooted system image with kernel aduitor and BusyBox included, my Urbane sat at the LG logo. I let it go a half hour, and it always sat at the LG logo. I then pushed your ext4all aw2 zip from here and it did the same thing. I pushed the recovery bootloop fix and that didn't help.

Finally, just to get a working phone, I flashed asteroidOS to it. The difference was they don't have a system image. Their file is and ext4 userdata image. It's so basic, I want to try to go back to your aw2.

Not sure if you know or not, but do I need a stock userdata image now or just do the following?
Code:
fastboot format userdata

[UPDATE]
So I got my LG Watch Urbane running stock system again. However, EXT4ALL 2.0 in the OP doesn't work. It gets to the end and then throws an error at updating partition details about not being able to mount /system. Invalid argument. I'm trying to download 2.9 from AFH but it keeps failing download. Going to try downloading it from my work phone to see if our content filter is somehow thwacking it...

[UPDATE #2]
Downloaded EXT4all 2.9. Flashed in TWRP 3.2.3-0. Still hanging at the LG boot logo.. I'll try a different TWRP version just to rule TWRP out....

[UPDATE #3]
Holy ADB, Batman! So, I got 2.9 running (finally). For anyone still using an LG Watch Urbane trying this. There's some weird discrepancy with the minimal adb executable on XDA and the Google platform tools. I couldn't format system, userdata, or cache with minimal. It kept says about parsing issues. I installed the platform tools and had no problems. Formatting userdata was the trick. Once I got that formatted, and formatted system, everything ran smoothly. I don't have a SuperSU app on the Urbane, so I stupidly thought I wasn't rooted, so I went through the steps a second time. Using Wear Root Check, it confirmed I'm rooted, even though there's no root manager on the watch. I'm going to try Magisk on it and see what happens!

Last edited:

DocMAX

Nov 22, 2006
What's the latest Wear OS version right now on this watch? Mine says Android Wear 2.24.0.248902549 right now.

Sxyman815

Apr 18, 2009
after flashing 2.0 all the way to 2.9 i flashed the superuser wear zip and tried to boot and it gets to the android/wear boot images and just keeps playing the animations

Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, my personal war against squashfs FS continue and for this I converted the new 2.0 Rom into a writeable, not-compressed and more comfortable EXT4 FS.

I also added a modded boot.img with some stuff like root, busybox, init.d etc. etc.

IMPORTANT: In the previous version i managed to optimize ROM ( removing some stuff ) in order to fit the system size. In this new version the original size is > 350mB and the only possible way I found was to resize system and cache partitions. By the way I'll not ask you to do anything, the installation script will do all by itself so flash and enjoy.

FEATURES:
    - Busybox;
    - init.d;
    - 4 cores unlocked and managed by mpdecision, max freq 998 Mhz and ondemand governor;

DOWNLOAD
    If you factory reset the watch with the TWRP recovery installed, maybe you can enter in a recovery bootloop ( watch keeps rebooting in recovery ). If this happens flash the attached recovery_bootloop_fix.

MODS:

All Black Mod ---> settings, app drawer and other stuff in black;
    thanks @Udzi for original idea and for helping me

RESTORE STOCK:

1- Download stock boot, recovery and system from here:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=173136

2- download the attached restore_partitions.zip;
    3- boot in twrp and flash the restore_partitions.zip;
    4- reboot bootloader;
    5-
    Code:
    fastboot format system
    Code:
    fastboot format cache
    6- fastboot flash all the 3 files you have downloaded at point nr.1;
    7- reboot to recovery from fastboot and factory reset
    Hi to all!
    I'm still waiting for a all_black mod with black notifications :)
    Thank you guys for your work!

Here you go

FEATURES:
    - Busybox;
    - init.d;

DOWNLOAD

Could you please do the same for the ZW2 with wear 2.0? I can provide you all the files you need. This would be soooo amazing, please :D
    Hello Skin1980 and all,

Is there a way to add features of aw 1.5 (like Answer to call + reject call with SMS, Brightness Boost, (double click to theater mode, triple click to Brightness boost)) along with the aw 2.0 by tweaking the Kernel source ? - I guess these are the most important features folks missed in AW 2.0 for LG watch Urbane!!!

If so, for any contribution in source modification in Linux kernel, I am ready to contribute for the task. (Got Some exp in tweaking Linux kernel).

Thanks,

The new sources aren't out till now. I made this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skin1980.buttonremap where you can add any app or custom shell command to the long press.