[APP] Button Launcher (button shortcuts/combinations) for Android Wear

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 4317609

I love it !!

Woud it be possible to have more shortcuts for watches with just one button? Like double press, triple press, or long press followed by short press, etc ?

Mave025

Jan 5, 2014
I'd love to see a feature for turning on sunlight mode or max brightness like Bubble Launcher has. This is the main reason to use that app in my opinion. Thanks for the hard work on this.

magikweis

May 7, 2010
Europe
Thank you so much, with Button Launcher I was able to remap the crown on my Fossil Explorist, which always toggled Google Assistant when accidently pressed. I would love to have an option to just go back to the watch face or totally disable the button, whatever is possible. Any advice?

Primetime_de

Dec 25, 2007
Hi, after the last Google App or Wear OS update I get a notification dialog which app should be opened after I pressed the hardware button on the Huawei 1st Gen. There is no "always" checkbox option. Any ideas? Screenshot is in German.

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 159

moneytoo

Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2007
brouken.com
Hi, after the last Google App or Wear OS update I get a notification dialog which app should be opened after I pressed the hardware button on the Huawei 1st Gen. There is no "always" checkbox option. Any ideas? Screenshot is in German.

There's no "Always" option but the selected action should open automatically next time. Does it open?
If it's still a problem, I will have to wait for the update myself to check out what's going on.

moneytoo

Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2007
brouken.com
I've just received update of the Google app, but only to version 8.1.12.25.arm. Please share your Google app apk (version 8.2.8.25) to help me be able to fix it faster. I want to be sure if it's just some priority issue or something else. It could be done via something like this: "adb backup -apk com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox"

Last edited:

Primetime_de

Dec 25, 2007
I've just received update of the Google app, but only to version 8.1.12.25.arm. Please share your Google app apk (version 8.2.8.25) to help me be able to fix it faster. I want to be sure if it's just some priority issue or something else. It could be done via something like this: "adb backup -apk com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox"

Backup failed on my (unrooted) watch but you can grab the Google App for Wear here:
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-android-wear/#whatsnew

EDIT: Uhh, only v8.1 - sorry. :(

Tharrod

Mar 11, 2017
Is it possible to integrate Tasker support? I don't know how difficult this may be but if there is any way have the shortcuts launch a tasker task that would be incredible.

juscoll

Nov 24, 2010
Wear 24 - button launcher app not working

Hi,
I can't get this app to work on Wear 24. The google assistant still pops up for long presses.

I am using Google app version 8.5.15.25.

Has anyone been able to make this work on a Wear 24?

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Button Launcher is a completely free software for Android Wear 2.0 that allows you to define what apps will be launched based on up to two button press combination.

There is currently no other software for something like that. The "Wear Button Remapper" is paid app that allows remapping of long press primary button ("home"). "Bubble Cloud Wear Launcher" can do the same for free and it also add's detection for second longpress but the later is a paid feature.

For watches with only single (primary/home) button, there are only two shortcuts to set. The first is just long press that primary button followed with no other button press (within a configured timeout), the second are two long presses of primary button in a row.

Watches like Huawei Watch 2 with 2 hardware buttons allow for 4 different shortcuts:
    • Long press home button + no other action
    • Long press home button + long press home button
    • Long press home button + short press secondary button
    • Long press home button + long press secondary button
    And additional 4 shortcuts if you map secondary button to start Button Launcher (in System Settings -> Personalisation -> Customise hardware buttons)

• Secondary button press + no other action
    • Secondary button press + long press home button
    • Secondary button press + short press secondary button (A)
    • Secondary button press + short press secondary button (A)

output.png device-2018-03-06-001818.png device-2018-02-28-000000.png device-2018-02-28-000248.png

TODOs/Limitations
    • On watches with more than 2 buttons it's currently not possible (? looking for help) to create shortcut combinations starting with specific secondary button (what short press button was used to start Button Launcher). Making that work would probably require creating additional app shortcuts listed in the stock drawer/launcher.
    • The launch screen displays icon of an app that will be launched when time runs out. My final vision is to also show smaller icons of apps launched by button presses, closed to positions of real hardware buttons. Done

Download
    Get it on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brouken.wear.butcher
    Source: https://github.com/moneytoo/ButtonLauncher

Please leave your feedback and requests. It will help prioritize future features and development.
    @Vegatta @codesplice
    Latest version (0.2) lists assistant apps in list of all apps. In my case the entry point for Google Assistant has no special name co it's just "Google". That should allow you to map it whetever you like.
    Now I'm thinking whatever the long press primary button should be set to Assistant by default or should take user to the Settings screen. Well, maybe set Assistant as default and open Settings on the first launch. But that maybe a bit later. I have also fixed some bugs and will watch for other possible issues.
    This is what I see on my watch, but neither of those screens allows me to select anything

Thanks for the shots. I'm pushing new version that works around the reported button count and always shows the universal single button settings. That should hopefully fix things for you.
    Work in progress:
    This is my vision which luckily looks fine for me. (This is how it looks on my Huawei Watch 2 where icons are positioned based on real buttons.)

device-2018-03-05-202451.png
    Long presses are better on the outermost circle since there is more room and the space will be cramped on watches like LG Sport. (All agree, right? :))
    Now I need the rework the timeout progress bar but I'm not sure which way to go. One idea is to make it as wide as the outmost circle, another idea is to make it "pie chart" like inside the inner circle...

Edit:
    device-2018-03-05-224434.png device-2018-03-05-225530.png

Edit2:
    Done & pushed. :cool:
    Anyway ro map the key to do absolutely nothing or just back to the current watchface?

Based on the number of requests, I've just added such feature. Please set "Blank action" to do nothing. I have just uploaded new version (0.7.3) to the Play Store so update should be available in a few hours.