FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][DEV] K-9 Mail for Wear OS (standalone)

1,413 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,273

Post Reply Email Thread
4th November 2018, 11:14 PM |#11  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfortin

Please excuse this naive question, but is this going to be offered in the PlayStore for loading on the OS or is sideloading it's only future?

I thought about that but I still think that this app (and mainly its interface) is too much for people coming from Play Store (and expecting nice UI). Plus K-9 itself is still missing support for runtime permissions which means it's currently not publishable on the Play Store (without some work, though there are some pull requests on github).
5th December 2018, 02:52 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Whoa!
I'm K-9's original creator, though I haven't been involved in the project in a while.

I just wanted to stop by to say that this is awesome. Nicely done.

-Jesse
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to obra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift obra Ad-Free
5th December 2018, 07:25 PM |#13  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by obra

I'm K-9's original creator, though I haven't been involved in the project in a while.

I just wanted to stop by to say that this is awesome. Nicely done.

-Jesse

Great to hear directly from you, Jesse. K-9 running on Wear OS is mostly unchanged from its latest upstream, just few lines changes here and there (one patched library takes most of the patch - to fix placing of software keyboard). It wouldn't be possible without you and K-9 - thank you for that.
19th November 2019, 08:48 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneytoo

I've just uploaded v2 which improves few things:

• Extra padding at the bottom when reading email
  • Full screen keybord for entering email address
  • Easier pull to refresh
  • Hide unsupported search
  • Move (dangerous) delete action from bar to menu

It's just the actual changes made to the source code. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patch_(Unix)

Access this app Settings via the top right "More options" menu (not fully visible but reasonably well tappable) and look for "Add account".

One has to use "adb" to push apk directly to the watch or using phone as proxy. Search for a friendly guide https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...watch-t3726276

where is the more options menu? all that is in the top right is the sync button.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)