[APP]NavMusic ? Offline Wear Music Player

Search This thread

joelphilippage

Apr 18, 2015
Phoenix
Hi!

I created a android wear app to listen to music offline. It includes an FTP server to quickly transfer music to your watch. It includes a watch face that fetches your current album art. Great for long runs or workouts without your phone.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.turndapage.navmusic

uJd7dq5mMIfdxnNJ6sg22BWtgD44DMCdusgvK7iyTxfqybLoMYD3vg6y5ZVN4V6DOWA-=h900-rw
PbP1E7TLkV7MkEzuk0RZULhhdSf_Txq2HjE1bJmVDiVEyYwHiFCHcXh_hxf3Aa1Lxw=h900-rw
RqIJX8lM87RkE8xvZ3k7xZ5DEOkLhZ0PILYG0jj4G_N2nDhdem1wsNueAY7hnLvuCg8=h900-rw

Last edited:

sound2005

Mar 27, 2012
Hi @Joelphillipage
Could I confirm this is working on Android wear 1.5??

I installed this on my Sony smartwatch 3 (with Note 3 phone) and applied promo code (thank you) but app is not appearing on my watch.

Even confirmed using Wear App Manager (says app is not found on wearable device)

Update:
App eventually showed up on the watch.
This app really works work, the reason I was interested in this app was for the ftp function.

When I get home will test this side of the app.

Music player is working fine though

Last edited:

joelphilippage

Apr 18, 2015
Phoenix
The App is now free for a limited time. Be sure to check it out!

Thanks for the post sound2005.

Hi @Joelphillipage
Could I confirm this is working on Android wear 1.5??

I installed this on my Sony smartwatch 3 (with Note 3 phone) and applied promo code (thank you) but app is not appearing on my watch.

Even confirmed using Wear App Manager (says app is not found on wearable device)

Update:
App eventually showed up on the watch.
This app really works work, the reason I was interested in this app was for the ftp function.

When I get home will test this side of the app.

Music player is working fine though

gulyfmg

Aug 30, 2010
Tried everything I know but the app still doesn't appear in my SW3.

Would really like to try it... If anyone has some trick.

Reactions: joelphilippage

joelphilippage

Apr 18, 2015
Phoenix

I'm sorry you are having trouble. This seemed to be working fine initially, but has been having problems recently. Unfortunately, documentation for having a standalone app for 1.x is still rather vague. I pushed a new update. Could you make sure you get version 0.3.4 installed on your mobile device and try re-syncing your apps? From what I understand, this does take some time. If the issue persists, I would be happy to send you the Wear APK to be installed manually.

Thanks for the feedback!

-Joel

gulyfmg

Aug 30, 2010
With the new update the app was installed on the wear minutes after... Thank you. Gonna start testing tomorrow.

Nibblex

Jul 22, 2010
HTC 10
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hi! First of all, thanks for your job. App installed on my LG G5 with nougat. It does not appears in my Sony SW3. Should it be seen like a regular app in the phone too? Would like to try, working with wear media until now, your app looks better.

Enviado desde mi LG-H850 mediante Tapatalk

joelphilippage

Apr 18, 2015
Phoenix
Hi! First of all, thanks for your job. App installed on my LG G5 with nougat. It does not appears in my Sony SW3. Should it be seen like a regular app in the phone too? Would like to try, working with wear media until now, your app looks better.

Yes. It should download on to your SW3 after you install it on your phone and appear as an app on your watch. This appears to be a problem mainly with this device, though transfering apps has always been slow on Android Wear 1.

Some troubleshooting steps:

-Uninstall and Re-Install NavMusic. (Google Play Music didn't transfer until I had done this)
-Try Re-Syncing the apps in the Android Wear App.

I'm very sorry for the problems users of this watch model are having. I will contact the manufacturer.

In the meantime, I will PM you the current APK and you could sideload it using this method:
Here

I understand this is a poor solution. You could also try a factory reset, but understand that this would be a pain. Thanks!

joelphilippage

Apr 18, 2015
Phoenix
Yes. It should download on to your SW3 after you install it on your phone and appear as an app on your watch. This appears to be a problem mainly with this device, though transfering apps has always been slow on Android Wear 1.

Some troubleshooting steps:

-Uninstall and Re-Install NavMusic. (Google Play Music didn't transfer until I had done this)
-Try Re-Syncing the apps in the Android Wear App.

I'm very sorry for the problems users of this watch model are having. I will contact the manufacturer.

In the meantime, I will PM you the current APK and you could sideload it using this method:
Here

I understand this is a poor solution. You could also try a factory reset, but understand that this would be a pain. Thanks!

I contacted Sony for support but they said they would be unable to help me as I did not have an Xperia phone with a SmartWatch 3 and were not very helpful. Seems like a pain. Anyway, the app should be supported, and I would be happy to send the APK to any affected users. You may try getting in touch with there tech support and see if they have any other suggestions. Thanks!

Nibblex

Jul 22, 2010
HTC 10
Xiaomi Poco F1
I contacted Sony for support but they said they would be unable to help me as I did not have an Xperia phone with a SmartWatch 3 and were not very helpful. Seems like a pain. Anyway, the app should be supported, and I would be happy to send the APK to any affected users. You may try getting in touch with there tech support and see if they have any other suggestions. Thanks!
Thanks! I tell you. Reinstalling the app from Play store did the same thing, fail. Resyncing apps failed too. I received your pm with the apk. I installed directly from the phone with a file browser and apeared in the watch! [emoji122] . Your app looks very good. I proved ftp transfer and ok. Wifi must be the only way to connect, bluetooth off, as the other ftp app I used to try. Later I will prove the music player in a running session, I will tell you, but I like it too much by now [emoji106] . Thanks for your effort and excuse my english, I try my best [emoji1] .

Edited: I forgot to tell you that help option in settings does nothing for me, watch or phone.

Last edited:

joelphilippage

Apr 18, 2015
Phoenix
Thanks! I tell you. Reinstalling the app from Play store did the same thing, fail. Resyncing apps failed too. I received your pm with the apk. I installed directly from the phone with a file browser and apeared in the watch! [emoji122] . Your app looks very good. I proved ftp transfer and ok. Wifi must be the only way to connect, bluetooth off, as the other ftp app I used to try. Later I will prove the music player in a running session, I will tell you, but I like it too much by now [emoji106] . Thanks for your effort and excuse my english, I try my best [emoji1] .

Edited: I forgot to tell you that help option in settings does nothing for me, watch or phone.

Thanks for the feedback Nibblex. Glad you could get it working! The help button only works on Wear 2.0. It opens up this site: http://turndapage.com/navmusic/#faq. I may just show that as a message on previous versions.

Be sure to leave a review if you were satisfied.

ssg-daniel

Mar 11, 2015
I downloaded the app and have waited several hours now in which I resynced my apps to the watch multiple times but I still don't have the app on my watch.
Using a Nexus 5 with pure nexus 7.1.1 ROM and a Sony Smartwatch 3.

joelphilippage

Apr 18, 2015
Phoenix
I downloaded the app and have waited several hours now in which I resynced my apps to the watch multiple times but I still don't have the app on my watch.

I'm sorry your having trouble installing it, Daniel. I will PM you the wear APK so you can install it manually like Nibblex.

I will do the same for any Sony Smartwatch 3 users until the issue is resolved. I have tried reaching out to Sony about the issue, but they are not helpful.

Thanks for the patience!

Reactions: ssg-daniel

joelphilippage

Apr 18, 2015
Phoenix
I googled a little to see if there is something I can do. I found this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25355672/android-wear-not-sync-my-app-to-watch-why

Does your app fulfill those points?

Thanks for the link. I did include the same permissions for the mobile app, but I believe the other steps in that thread are for bundling the wear app inside the mobile app. I posted a similar thread in which it was confirmed that you are no longer supposed to use that method.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions...parate-wear-apks-for-android-wear-1-x-and-2-0

You are supposed to upload two separate apks with the same package name. I have gotten confirmations from other Wear 1 users that the app did eventually install, but there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason why.

ssg-daniel

Mar 11, 2015
Thanks for checking it out - I just thought it might be worth a shot.

Thank you for the PM. I downloaded the APK but was unwilling to pay 2€ for the app to sideload the apk to the watch so I left it overnight and the app did in fact eventually install - it was there when I woke up.

After copying my first file and trying to listen to a podcast I have some feature requests:
1) A control to skip just a couple of seconds or speed up playback is necessary. WearMedia does this quite nicely for example.
Otherwise it is a pain to find the position you want to start at in a 1h long podcast.
2) The volume controls in the playback view should have some feedback (as in the number of bars next to the loudspeaker could change for example) - otherwise it is hard to know at which level you are at.
3) Why use black as default background when there is no cover when the app itself has a brown color?
4) The clock is cut-off in the watchface on my Sony Smartwatch 3 (see attached picture)

Hope this helps to make the app even better.

joelphilippage

Apr 18, 2015
Phoenix

Thank you for the PM. I downloaded the APK but was unwilling to pay 2€ for the app to sideload the apk to the watch so I left it overnight and the app did in fact eventually install - it was there when I woke up.

After copying my first file and trying to listen to a podcast I have some feature requests:
1) A control to skip just a couple of seconds or speed up playback is necessary. WearMedia does this quite nicely for example.
Otherwise it is a pain to find the position you want to start at in a 1h long podcast.
2) The volume controls in the playback view should have some feedback (as in the number of bars next to the loudspeaker could change for example) - otherwise it is hard to know at which level you are at.
3) Why use black as default background when there is no cover when the app itself has a brown color?
4) The clock is cut-off in the watchface on my Sony Smartwatch 3 (see attached picture)

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad it finally worked. I can definitely do something about the ambient mode being off the screen and the volume feedback. As for the background, I did make it darker in the last big update as there were complaints of not being able to read the text, but it is brown as you can see in the screenshot below. I am also in the process of creating a similar podcasts app as I know this is something a lot of people want, but wanted to keep the controls simple for this one. I'll let you know when I've got a beta for that so you can try it out.

I'll get started on those fixes for the next update.

ssg-daniel

Mar 11, 2015
As for the background, I did make it darker in the last big update as there were complaints of not being able to read the text, but it is brown as you can see in the screenshot below.

I don't mean the overall color - just when there is no album cover art the default background is black.

Edit: Nevermind. I tried to take a photo to show you what I mean and after having the app crash on me while navigating through the menus I restarted the app and now the color is brown everywhere. I have no idea why the background was black in the beginning.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

I created a android wear app to listen to music offline. It includes an FTP server to quickly transfer music to your watch. It includes a watch face that fetches your current album art. Great for long runs or workouts without your phone.

PbP1E7TLkV7MkEzuk0RZULhhdSf_Txq2HjE1bJmVDiVEyYwHiFCHcXh_hxf3Aa1Lxw=h900-rw
    RqIJX8lM87RkE8xvZ3k7xZ5DEOkLhZ0PILYG0jj4G_N2nDhdem1wsNueAY7hnLvuCg8=h900-rw

I'm sorry your having trouble installing it, Daniel. I will PM you the wear APK so you can install it manually like Nibblex.

I will do the same for any Sony Smartwatch 3 users until the issue is resolved. I have tried reaching out to Sony about the issue, but they are not helpful.

Thanks for the patience!

Just released Version 0.4.8. This added support for a volume indicator seekbar. I also centered the text on ambient mode to prevent cropping.

Screenshot_1506792193.png

Let me know what you think and leave a review if you are happy!
    I bought your app today, but unfortunately it does not recognize the music that's on my Asus ZenWatch 3. I have tried another app (Wear Media) and that one detects and plays the music fine, however I don't like it's UI and your app seems to offer better overall functionality. In the attachments you can see some screenshots, do you have any idea what I could be doing wrong? (Those three folders are located in /sdcard/Music)

Sorry I didn't see your message right away. My app uses Android's media store database to get music information for faster loading. Android needs to be notified when a media file has been added or deleted for it to be added to the database.

I believe Wear Media does not do this when it transfers media so my app will not display it initially, but I believe rebooting your watch should make Android re-scan for files.

If you have a Wireless network available where you live, I have a free app NavExplorer that allows you to transfer files directly over your local Wireless network:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.turndapage.navexplorer&hl=en

This feature is also built into NavMusic, but requires an FTP client to work with it. Both of these methods should make your music show up. If you do not have access to WiFi, I would try rebooting the watch. I hope to incorporate bluetooth transfers in NavExplorer once some bugs have been worked out with it.