[APP][MOD] Spotify Lite - scaled for standalone use on Wear OS

1,413 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,273

Post Reply Email Thread
14th July 2018, 11:39 AM |#11  
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Not playing anything for me in my Huawei Watch 2. It opens it finds songs but cannot play them it says something is wrong with internet (even it can find whatever you search)...
14th July 2018, 12:01 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryzeK

adb install app-name.apk

Can you please explain how in details?
14th July 2018, 04:58 PM |#13  
Flag Chittagong
Thanks Meter: 0

More
downloading...
15th July 2018, 12:07 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneytoo

I'm not a Spotify subscriber but I will try modding the full version of Spotify next (I'm really curious how well it will go). I have just learned that there is "Wearify for Spotify" (also online only) so something for actual offline playback is welcome I guess.

I've been working on offline playback but that's sadly not that easy, current download implementation consists of ripping the audio stream and saving it as ogg file, works but slow since 1h of music takes 1h to download. And obviously I can't put that on the play store. If you're interested feel free to look at the source.
15th July 2018, 01:25 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
This is great. Especially useful for people with sim-enabled watches such as the LG Watch Sport.
@moneytoo there's a request a few threads down of trying to use the Polar Flow wear apk (not the full phone one) on Wear OS watches that aren't the M600. Because the apk is only designed for the M600 which has a 240x240 display, all the elements are off place on watches with other res displays. Would you be able to take a quick looksy and see if you could work your magic on resizing the apk for other watches? In this case the resolution actually needs to be scaled up.

Would love to be able to use the Flow apk on my LG Watch Sport which has a 480x480 screen.

I can help provide the most up to date apk if needed.
15th July 2018, 11:06 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 177

More
If anyone has connectivity issues with this mod, this is because of a missing wear connectivity API implementation in this phone app.

You can compile and install the following google sample app: https://github.com/googlesamples/and...idthNetworking
This app gives you a toggle to enable/disable high bandwidth.
16th July 2018, 12:30 AM |#17  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
I have just added link to modded version of the full Spotify to the first post. The bottom bar still doesn't look right but it should be manageable. Let me know if offline playback works.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moneytoo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2018, 04:38 PM |#18  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:

I have just added link to modded version of the full Spotify to the first post. The bottom bar still doesn't look right but it should be manageable. Let me know if offline playback works.

Wow, that's a huge step forward! I already tested the full mod, and it's incredibly slow on my brand new ticwatch pro, though. Took awhile to load the login screen, then much patience to login (bg animation = lag), but the home screen isn't so bad. Unfortunately that's where the usability stops, because I can only scroll up/down to see the latest playlists/albums, and trying to queue one for offline download is broken because the app thinks I was on cellular, despite wifi being enabled. I couldn't access the settings interface to override this. I don't have a small smartphone, and without gesture functionality or an interface redesign, I can't imagine a usable interface from the main app that shows everything one might hope to operate..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180716_162448.jpg
Views:	738
Size:	242.5 KB
ID:	4551078   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180716_162647.jpg
Views:	714
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	4551080  
16th July 2018, 08:46 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
hey guys,
i tested the full version on my ne ticwatch pro, because of some connetction issues with the spotify wear app.
the full version (by moneytoo) worked fine, exept some usability problems because of the resultion with 400x400px

if searched for one of my public playlists and it was possbile to download the songs. disconected my watch from the wlan and the songs could stil be played.

could it be possible to adjust the dpi settings in the app for 400x400px?
not only the bottom bar, althoug the settings button and the searchbar are out of the screen.
The Following User Says Thank You to tinyqu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tinyqu Ad-Free
17th July 2018, 12:07 AM |#20  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
I've just uploaded another mod of the full Spotify that should work better with the top menu/toolbar across devices (hopefully).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moneytoo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2018, 10:47 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

I've just uploaded another mod of the full Spotify that should work better with the top menu/toolbar across devices (hopefully).

looks a bit more better for me. - not perfect at all, but usable until spofity get the wear-app working.

i recognized that the performance is not that good i thought before. especially in case of playing musik it needs much time load the animations and get into to "playing"-screen. the hole system works very slow in this case and it needed some time to get the musik stoped. - no such a good idea in the office
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)