Make your Ticwatch smoother than ever disabling TicSystem via ADB!

Search This thread

dany_ev3

Aug 23, 2016
Rome
(I'm copying this over from my reddit posts, hope to help some more people, if enough are interested I'll make a video tutorial! P.S. I can't instert my reddit posts links because this is my first XDA post, if anyone looks for them, they are all called "Made my Ticwatch smoother than ever disabling TicSystem via ADB" and you can find them in r/WearOS, r/TicWatch and r/TicwatchOfficial)

So, I don't know if I'm the only one that had this problem, but my Ticwatch Pro was laggy as hell, barely usable, it frustrated me so much i stopped using it even while wearing it constantly. I had disabled every mobvoi app on my smartwatch and that improved battery life dramatically (Mobvoi account, Mobvoi privacy, TicExercise, TicHealth and so on) the only app i couldn't disable was TicSystem, I could only force stop it, and I had noticed that after stopping it my watch was smoother that it had ever been, but sadly it started again after a couple of minutes and the watch started lagging again, this may as well be caused by the TicSystem looking for all the apps i had disabled using all the cpu, but i couldn't give up the battery life I got disabling them, so I sat down and tried to find a solution.

And I did! I found a way to disable TicSystem via adb, and now my Ticwatch Pro runs perfectly smooth, this probably works on all ticwatch models but I haven't tried, and it's also extemely easy.

Before the tutorial I'll give you a disclaimer, I'M NOT AN EXPERT, I DON'T KNOW IF DOING THIS CAN DAMAGE YOUR WATCH IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM, I DON'T KNOW IF THIS STOPS OTA UPDATES FROM COMING TO THE WATCH, I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING OR ANYONE, DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, I DON'T TAKE ANY RESPONSABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO YOU, YOUR WATCH, PEOPLE AROUND YOU, DINOSAURS AND TALKING COWS THAT MAY BE EATING GRASS NEAR YOU.

All jokes aside, I'm pretty sure it's fine, it probably will only improve your watch performance dramatically, but if something does happen to somebody, I don't want people blaming me, only do this if you know what you are doing.

So let's start, you'll need a computer, obviously, and your charging cable, you can also use adb over wifi if you are feeling extra fancy and don't want cables lying around, but I haven't tried that.

Go into your watch's settings, system, informations, and touch build number a bunch of times until it says you have become a developer.

Go back in your settings, developer options, and enable ADB debugging. (also enable wifi debug if you are doing this via wifi, but if you are doing it via wifi you probably know what you are doing so i'll just explain cable stuff from now on)

Plug your watch in your pc and allow debugging from that device (a popup will appear on the watch)

Install ADB on your pc if you haven't already, I won't tell you how to, it's full of guides out there, use google or your browser of choice.

Open your command line (type cmd in the windows start bar, this also works on mac, but you have to edit the commands a little, look up an ADB mac tutorial) and check if your watch is connected with:
Code:
adb devices
If your watch shows up, congrats! you are basically done!
Run:
Code:
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.mobvoi.wear.system.aw
And TicSystem will get disabled, you are now done!

If your watch doesn't show up in adb, google something like "adb device not showing up" and you'll find like a million tutorials.

If you ever want to enable TicSystem back, go in your settings, apps, app details, system apps (at the bottom), TicSystem, and tap "enable", wasn't so difficult, was it?

If someone else tries this, let me know your results! Very curious to know other people's opinions. Have fun, and be kind to eachother!

Edit: a user tried this and made me notice that his default ticwatch watchfaces disappeared, I think this only happens if you disable the "watchface" system app, if you want to keep them don't disable it, but keep in mind that if you disable the other ticwatch apps the steps counter inside the default watches will stop working because it's linked to ticwatch fitness apps, but google fit will still count your steps so it's just the default watchfaces that won't count steps.

Edit2: It's been over a day and the watch feels great, many people in all 3 subs (r/WearOS, r/TicWatch, and r/TicwatchOfficial) gave feedback and said it helped a lot their watches too, i also tried on my father's ticwatch pro and i haven't noticed any problems, but a user made me notice that the ticwatch charging ui disappeared (doesn't bother me, didn't find it useful anyway) but if you want to replace it another user suggested "wear charging widget" on the playstore, he also said it works much better than the default one so there's that, I'll try to keep updating the post and answer everybody on all 3 subs, I'm extremely happy to see all those people enjoy their watches more and more thanks to me, you are all amazing!

Edit3: It's been 12 days since I disabled TicSystem on my watch, and in the meantime I also disabled all the tic apps on another Ticwatch Pro and a Ticwatch S and they are all working great, I haven't found any problems at all, and many people reported imporved performance on every Ticwatch model! No other problems were reported so I'll go ahead and say this is probably going to be the last update, I may make a short video tutorial on youtube if people on XDA request it. For now, I'm extremely happy I got to help so many people and that everybody found new life in their old watches! I hope you all keep being amazing and I want to thank you all for a last time for the awards, all the support and all the kind words I got, have a great day!

Last edited:

Axel85

May 9, 2010
Google Pixel 8
I'm running 2 ticwatch E like this from 2 weeks . Battery life is incredible now, at least doubled and the watch is smoot and responsive . Be sure to disable Ticsystem via ADB , it's important , because without doing that you would have no benefit . I didn't diaabled it at first and my battery lasted 8 hours , now I can with no problem reach 20 hourse with a normal use . With an intense one From 7 a.m to 12 p.m with no problem ( no ok google , no tilt to wake). You will only loose the stoch watchfaces and the charging screen , the last one could be sostitute with wear charging widget that works 100 times better

Last edited:

dany_ev3

Aug 23, 2016
Rome
I'm running 2 ticwatch E like this from 2 weeks . Battery life is incredible now, at least doubled and the watch is smoot and responsive . Be sure to disable Ticsystem via ADB , it's important , because without doing that you would have no benefit . I didn't diaabled it at first and my battery lasted 8 hours , now I can with no problem reach 20 hourse with a normal use . With an intense one From 7 a.m to 12 p.m with no problem ( no ok google , no tilt to wake). You will only loose the stoch watchfaces and the charging screen , the last one could be sostitute with wear charging widget that works 100 times better
I'm happy you found it useful!

Reactions: c_86

Desmanto

Apr 2, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Hi, thanks for taking the risk. I already disable most mobvoi apps since the first time I use it, leaving only the watchface and this TicSystem. I am afraid it will cause instability, hence I just leave it there.

Yesterday I try to disable Ticsystem too, and so far I can tell it has better battery life. Usually it will drain 4%/hour while connected to my phone. So in 12 hours interval, it usually consume about 50%. Yesterday test leave me with 60% within 12 hours (40% usage). So it is about 25% better battery life. And I only lose the charging animation which I can deal with it.

I still keep the watchface though, and maybe will remove it if I can stick with another watchface.

dany_ev3

Aug 23, 2016
Rome
Hi, thanks for taking the risk. I already disable most mobvoi apps since the first time I use it, leaving only the watchface and this TicSystem. I am afraid it will cause instability, hence I just leave it there.

Yesterday I try to disable Ticsystem too, and so far I can tell it has better battery life. Usually it will drain 4%/hour while connected to my phone. So in 12 hours interval, it usually consume about 50%. Yesterday test leave me with 60% within 12 hours (40% usage). So it is about 25% better battery life. And I only lose the charging animation which I can deal with it.

I still keep the watchface though, and maybe will remove it if I can stick with another watchface.
If you read edit2, there is an app that gives you the charging animation back!

Desmanto

Apr 2, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
If you read edit2, there is an app that gives you the charging animation back!
Yes, I have read that actually before, but I have no problem with no charging animation, since it is not important. I don't want to add any other unneeded app. I already have the flow in automagic to notify me about the charging and when full. And I can easily design a widget to replace the charging animation if I really need it.:D

Desmanto

Apr 2, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Can this be done on the fossil sports 4s?
No, it won't if with the same packagename. I don't know if fossil have many bloatware or not. But you have to ask others for the test. Disabling system app is very dangerous, it can cause bootloop in worst case.

You can try to find the app name and try to match it with the package name from the adb command : pm list packages
All ticwatch bloatware start with com.mobvoi.xxx. fossil must have different package names.

Gh_Racer

Dec 12, 2018
Italy
(I'm copying this over from my reddit posts, hope to help some more people, if enough are interested I'll make a video tutorial! P.S. I can't instert my reddit posts links because this is my first XDA post, if anyone looks for them, they are all called "Made my Ticwatch smoother than ever disabling TicSystem via ADB" and you can find them in r/WearOS, r/TicWatch and r/TicwatchOfficial)

So, I don't know if I'm the only one that had this problem, but my Ticwatch Pro was laggy as hell, barely usable, it frustrated me so much i stopped using it even while wearing it constantly. I had disabled every mobvoi app on my smartwatch and that improved battery life dramatically (Mobvoi account, Mobvoi privacy, TicExercise, TicHealth and so on) the only app i couldn't disable was TicSystem, I could only force stop it, and I had noticed that after stopping it my watch was smoother that it had ever been, but sadly it started again after a couple of minutes and the watch started lagging again, this may as well be caused by the TicSystem looking for all the apps i had disabled using all the cpu, but i couldn't give up the battery life I got disabling them, so I sat down and tried to find a solution.

And I did! I found a way to disable TicSystem via adb, and now my Ticwatch Pro runs perfectly smooth, this probably works on all ticwatch models but I haven't tried, and it's also extemely easy.

Before the tutorial I'll give you a disclaimer, I'M NOT AN EXPERT, I DON'T KNOW IF DOING THIS CAN DAMAGE YOUR WATCH IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM, I DON'T KNOW IF THIS STOPS OTA UPDATES FROM COMING TO THE WATCH, I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING OR ANYONE, DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, I DON'T TAKE ANY RESPONSABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO YOU, YOUR WATCH, PEOPLE AROUND YOU, DINOSAURS AND TALKING COWS THAT MAY BE EATING GRASS NEAR YOU.

All jokes aside, I'm pretty sure it's fine, it probably will only improve your watch performance dramatically, but if something does happen to somebody, I don't want people blaming me, only do this if you know what you are doing.

So let's start, you'll need a computer, obviously, and your charging cable, you can also use adb over wifi if you are feeling extra fancy and don't want cables lying around, but I haven't tried that.

Go into your watch's settings, system, informations, and touch build number a bunch of times until it says you have become a developer.

Go back in your settings, developer options, and enable ADB debugging. (also enable wifi debug if you are doing this via wifi, but if you are doing it via wifi you probably know what you are doing so i'll just explain cable stuff from now on)

Plug your watch in your pc and allow debugging from that device (a popup will appear on the watch)

Install ADB on your pc if you haven't already, I won't tell you how to, it's full of guides out there, use google or your browser of choice.

Open your command line (type cmd in the windows start bar, this also works on mac, but you have to edit the commands a little, look up an ADB mac tutorial) and check if your watch is connected with:
Code:
adb devices
Run:
Code:

If your watch doesn't show up in adb, google something like "adb device not showing up" and you'll find like a million tutorials.

If you ever want to enable TicSystem back, go in your settings, apps, app details, system apps (at the bottom), TicSystem, and tap "enable", wasn't so difficult, was it?

If someone else tries this, let me know your results! Very curious to know other people's opinions. Have fun, and be kind to eachother!

Edit: a user tried this and made me notice that his default ticwatch watchfaces disappeared, I think this only happens if you disable the "watchface" system app, if you want to keep them don't disable it, but keep in mind that if you disable the other ticwatch apps the steps counter inside the default watches will stop working because it's linked to ticwatch fitness apps, but google fit will still count your steps so it's just the default watchfaces that won't count steps.

Edit2: It's been over a day and the watch feels great, many people in all 3 subs (r/WearOS, r/TicWatch, and r/TicwatchOfficial) gave feedback and said it helped a lot their watches too, i also tried on my father's ticwatch pro and i haven't noticed any problems, but a user made me notice that the ticwatch charging ui disappeared (doesn't bother me, didn't find it useful anyway) but if you want to replace it another user suggested "wear charging widget" on the playstore, he also said it works much better than the default one so there's that, I'll try to keep updating the post and answer everybody on all 3 subs, I'm extremely happy to see all those people enjoy their watches more and more thanks to me, you are all amazing!

Edit3: It's been 12 days since I disabled TicSystem on my watch, and in the meantime I also disabled all the tic apps on another Ticwatch Pro and a Ticwatch S and they are all working great, I haven't found any problems at all, and many people reported imporved performance on every Ticwatch model! No other problems were reported so I'll go ahead and say this is probably going to be the last update, I may make a short video tutorial on youtube if people on XDA request it. For now, I'm extremely happy I got to help so many people and that everybody found new life in their old watches! I hope you all keep being amazing and I want to thank you all for a last time for the awards, all the support and all the kind words I got, have a great day!
Sounds interesting, I'm giving it a try! Could this work keeping tic heart rate and tic exercise enabled? I mean, I disabled it correctly, but will it improve my experience anyway?

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Sounds interesting, I'm giving it a try! Could this work keeping tic heart rate and tic exercise enabled? I mean, I disabled it correctly, but will it improve my experience anyway?
Well, I got a problem: screen won't turn off automatically, I have to flip my arm or to put the palm of my hand over the screen. So, I decided to enable it back and now it's all working properly.

Anyway, I suggest you to enable all cores to have a significant performance boost :laugh: :cool: https : // xdaforums.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/rom-kernel-t3821013

dany_ev3

Aug 23, 2016
Rome

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Well, I got a problem: screen won't turn off automatically, I have to flip my arm or to put the palm of my hand over the screen. So, I decided to enable it back and now it's all working properly.

Anyway, I suggest you to enable all cores to have a significant performance boost :laugh: :cool: https : // xdaforums.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/rom-kernel-t3821013

That is very weird, I haven't had that problem and no one else reported it, and many many people tried this on my reddit posts. What apps did you disable exactly?

Desmanto

Apr 2, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
I disabled Tic Sistem only, via adb, as suggested in your post. Nothing more, nothing less.
I have no problem disabling that. The only ticwatch app remain enabled at my watch is only the watchface.

Additional test until now, I can say it takes about 40% in 12 hours, approx 3,33%/hour, the best I can get. This translate into about 30 hours max usage. During busy day, it can drain more than that. But I can safely say that even if I left with 70% in the morning, I am pretty sure it can last until I get home at night.

Gh_Racer

Dec 12, 2018
Italy
I have no problem disabling that. The only ticwatch app remain enabled at my watch is only the watchface.

Additional test until now, I can say it takes about 40% in 12 hours, approx 3,33%/hour, the best I can get. This translate into about 30 hours max usage. During busy day, it can drain more than that. But I can safely say that even if I left with 70% in the morning, I am pretty sure it can last until I get home at night.
Ok I'm giving it another chance ;) Now the screen turns off correctly, what a strange thing since I've done the same procedure. We'll see! I'll keep you informed.

Anyway, do you know if tic system will be automatically re-enabled after system updates?

Desmanto

Apr 2, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Ok I'm giving it another chance ;) Now the screen turns off correctly, what a strange thing since I've done the same procedure. We'll see! I'll keep you informed.

Anyway, do you know if tic system will be automatically re-enabled after system updates?
Probably you should restart it first at the first try. I restart the watch once in a while, and probably I do that right after I disabled it (forgot already).

I don't see any system updates soon, but it should have stayed disabled. Unless there is a major update and it resets the app preferences.

Gh_Racer

Dec 12, 2018
Italy
Probably you should restart it first at the first try. I restart the watch once in a while, and probably I do that right after I disabled it (forgot already).
I don't remember if I restarted it yesterday, that could be the reason of the problem! I usually do it, but it could be my fault :confused:
Today I restarted it directly from adb since it became unresponsive suddently after disabling the service. Now it seems to be working properly.

HtheB

Nov 11, 2014
After doing this, the "Ticwatch Power menu" is gone... :p (holding down the bottom button for 3 seconds)
But if you hold down the top button for like 5 seconds, it will show up the official power menu from Wear OS

Desmanto

Apr 2, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Question: if I disable or remove apps via adb, what happens during next software upgrade?
Should have stayed disabled. Except if the update reset the app preference, then you can simply disable it again in adb.

After doing this, the "Ticwatch Power menu" is gone... :p (holding down the bottom button for 3 seconds)
But if you hold down the top button for like 5 seconds, it will show up the official power menu from Wear OS
My Ticwatch E doesn't have any menu show up. Only vibrate and launch the Gass. recognition after being holded down 3 seconds. I don't use OK google though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    adb devices
    Run:
    Code:

I dont see any huge difference between enabled mobvoi.system app or not (TicWatch Pro 3). But if i disable it, it only brings problems - like not working double click down button (GPAY) and tichealth app still asking for basic info (age, weight etc.).
    So i dont recommend it, system isnt any faster, and i still have 3days average battery life - with all sensors active with 24h monitoring, so disabling this isnt big deal from my experience.
    Guys this is for the owners of the ticwatch pro 3 please read this:

I disabled tic system and and the package com.mobvoi.ticwatch.jupiter.home, and after two factory resets im not able to pinpoint what happened but one of those 2 its making conflicts after a couple of days, i wasn't able to receive notifications on my watch it only vibrates ,but when i swiped up to see them , the notification never showed up. So i just enabled dev settings in order to put animation s to .5x nothing else. ATM im charging my watch to %100 and see how behaves after 2 full factory resets.
    Here is just a little bash script I wrote for disabling apps. It finds all the packages on the system, filters out those that have "tic" or "mobvoi" in their package name and disables them. I also ignore some packages, these are namely sos, essential mode and esim assistant.

Just start the script with a `disable` argument to disable all mobvoi bloat and with an `enable` argument to enable them back again!

Bash:
    #!/bin/bash

IGNORED="sos|modem\.eu|lpa\.aw|mcuservice"

function usage {
        echo "Usage: $0 option" 1>&2
        echo "Option can be: disable, enable" 1>&2
    }

if [ "$#" -ne 1 ] ; then
        usage
        exit 1;
    fi

ACTION=""

case $1 in
        disable)
            ACTION="disable-user --user 0"
        ;;
        enable)
            ACTION="enable"
            IGNORED=""
        ;;
        *)
            usage
            exit 1
        ;;
    esac

echo "Generating app list..."
    PACKAGES=$(adb shell pm list packages | cut -f2 -d':')
    DISABLE=$(echo "$PACKAGES" | grep -E 'tic|mobvoi')

if ! [ "$IGNORED" = "" ] ; then
        DISABLE=$(echo "$DISABLE" | grep -Ev "$IGNORED")
    fi

echo "---"
    echo "$DISABLE"
    echo "---"
    echo "These apps will get $1d, press any key to continue or CTRL-C to abort..."

read

echo "Continuing..."

for APP in $DISABLE
    do
        adb shell pm $ACTION $APP
    done