FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Make your Ticwatch smoother than ever disabling TicSystem via ADB!

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

Post Reply Email Thread
5th August 2019, 10:19 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh_Racer

Sounds interesting, I'm giving it a try! Could this work keeping tic heart rate and tic exercise enabled? I mean, I disabled it correctly, but will it improve my experience anyway?

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Well, I got a problem: screen won't turn off automatically, I have to flip my arm or to put the palm of my hand over the screen. So, I decided to enable it back and now it's all working properly.

Anyway, I suggest you to enable all cores to have a significant performance boost https : // forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/rom-kernel-t3821013

That is very weird, I haven't had that problem and no one else reported it, and many many people tried this on my reddit posts. What apps did you disable exactly?
6th August 2019, 12:51 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dany_ev3

That is very weird, I haven't had that problem and no one else reported it, and many many people tried this on my reddit posts. What apps did you disable exactly?

I disabled Tic Sistem only, via adb, as suggested in your post. Nothing more, nothing less.
6th August 2019, 01:01 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 410

More
Quote:

I disabled Tic Sistem only, via adb, as suggested in your post. Nothing more, nothing less.

I have no problem disabling that. The only ticwatch app remain enabled at my watch is only the watchface.

Additional test until now, I can say it takes about 40% in 12 hours, approx 3,33%/hour, the best I can get. This translate into about 30 hours max usage. During busy day, it can drain more than that. But I can safely say that even if I left with 70% in the morning, I am pretty sure it can last until I get home at night.
6th August 2019, 06:58 PM |#14  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmanto

I have no problem disabling that. The only ticwatch app remain enabled at my watch is only the watchface.

Additional test until now, I can say it takes about 40% in 12 hours, approx 3,33%/hour, the best I can get. This translate into about 30 hours max usage. During busy day, it can drain more than that. But I can safely say that even if I left with 70% in the morning, I am pretty sure it can last until I get home at night.

Ok I'm giving it another chance Now the screen turns off correctly, what a strange thing since I've done the same procedure. We'll see! I'll keep you informed.

Anyway, do you know if tic system will be automatically re-enabled after system updates?
6th August 2019, 07:53 PM |#15  

More
Quote:

Ok I'm giving it another chance Now the screen turns off correctly, what a strange thing since I've done the same procedure. We'll see! I'll keep you informed.

Anyway, do you know if tic system will be automatically re-enabled after system updates?

Probably you should restart it first at the first try. I restart the watch once in a while, and probably I do that right after I disabled it (forgot already).

I don't see any system updates soon, but it should have stayed disabled. Unless there is a major update and it resets the app preferences.
6th August 2019, 08:46 PM |#16  

More
Quote:

Probably you should restart it first at the first try. I restart the watch once in a while, and probably I do that right after I disabled it (forgot already).

I don't remember if I restarted it yesterday, that could be the reason of the problem! I usually do it, but it could be my fault
Today I restarted it directly from adb since it became unresponsive suddently after disabling the service. Now it seems to be working properly.
12th August 2019, 03:06 PM |#17  

More
Also disabling "Ambient Mode" app makes my Ticwatch PRO faster
20th August 2019, 07:05 PM |#18  
Flag Latina
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Question: if I disable or remove apps via adb, what happens during next software upgrade?
20th August 2019, 10:09 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
After doing this, the "Ticwatch Power menu" is gone... (holding down the bottom button for 3 seconds)
But if you hold down the top button for like 5 seconds, it will show up the official power menu from Wear OS
21st August 2019, 10:08 AM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegios

Question: if I disable or remove apps via adb, what happens during next software upgrade?

Should have stayed disabled. Except if the update reset the app preference, then you can simply disable it again in adb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtheB

After doing this, the "Ticwatch Power menu" is gone... (holding down the bottom button for 3 seconds)
But if you hold down the top button for like 5 seconds, it will show up the official power menu from Wear OS

My Ticwatch E doesn't have any menu show up. Only vibrate and launch the Gass. recognition after being holded down 3 seconds. I don't use OK google though.
21st August 2019, 10:13 AM |#21  
Flag Latina
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Quote:

Should have stayed disabled. Except if the update reset the app preference, then you can simply disable it again in adb..

Makes sense if disabled but what if removed?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)