FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Make your Ticwatch smoother than ever disabling TicSystem via ADB!

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

Post Reply Email Thread
21st August 2019, 10:13 AM |#21  
Flag Latina
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmanto

Should have stayed disabled. Except if the update reset the app preference, then you can simply disable it again in adb..

Makes sense if disabled but what if removed?
21st August 2019, 10:25 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 410

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegios

Makes sense if disabled but what if removed?

You need root to completely uninstalled the system app. I won't do it.

For phones, especially the ones with good ROM development, I would definitely do it. Since even if something goes wrong, I can easily find the official ROM or custom ROM to recover the mistake.

For WearOS, I never tried to root or flash ROM to it. I won't take the risk messing with the system since there are fewer users. If something goes wrong, it can be apocalypse already. (Ok, I am being hyperbolic ). So I am happy already, if I can disabled them to save some battery life. I better focus more on maximizing the usage by coupling it with Automagic.
21st August 2019, 10:30 AM |#23  
Flag Latina
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmanto

You need root to completely uninstalled the system app. I won't do it.

For phones, especially the ones with good ROM development, I would definitely do it. Since even if something goes wrong, I can easily find the official ROM or custom ROM to recover the mistake.

For WearOS, I never tried to root or flash ROM to it. I won't take the risk messing with the system since there are fewer users. If something goes wrong, it can be apocalypse already. (Ok, I am being hyperbolic ). So I am happy already, if I can disabled them to save some battery life. I better focus more on maximizing the usage by coupling it with Automagic.

Ok thanks. Yes I've been into phone's rom + adb in the past, but then I bought again a Pixel and didn't need it anymore 😁

In theory I can disable apps from watch itself: not sure if from ADB I can disable more apps I don't see on watch directly
21st August 2019, 10:34 AM |#24  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegios

Ok thanks. Yes I've been into phone's rom + adb in the past, but then I bought again a Pixel and didn't need it anymore

In theory I can disable apps from watch itself: not sure if from ADB I can disable more apps I don't see on watch directly

Most bloatware apps doesn't allow you to disable them directly. That's why we have to use adb to disable them.
23rd August 2019, 09:29 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i get no ADB access . no device was find.
With my Mi9 work great....

Can you help?
23rd August 2019, 11:06 AM |#26  
OP Junior Member
Flag Rome

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumps_

i get no ADB access . no device was find.
With my Mi9 work great....

Can you help?

Did you connect your watch to your pc correctly? Does the pc recognize your watch? Did you enable adb debugging inside developer options?
23rd August 2019, 11:33 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dany_ev3

Did you connect your watch to your pc correctly? Does the pc recognize your watch? Did you enable adb debugging inside developer options?

it's correct, the watch ist connect to PC. ADB ist enable inside developer options.
23rd August 2019, 12:42 PM |#28  
OP Junior Member
Flag Rome

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumps_

it's correct, the watch ist connect to PC. ADB ist enable inside developer options.

Mh.. sounds weird, can you try using another usb port, another usb cable or another computer?
23rd August 2019, 08:25 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Mh.. sounds weird, can you try using another usb port, another usb cable or another computer?

Unfortunately, I have no 2nd USB cable. I use the original cable and charge works ... I will order a new cable and then report

Thanks

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 mit Tapatalk
23rd August 2019, 09:10 PM |#30  
OP Junior Member
Flag Rome

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffen_W.

Unfortunately, I have no 2nd USB cable. I use the original cable and charge works ... I will order a new cable and then report

Thanks

Wait don't go wasting your money on another cable, if yours is original and isn't damaged it should work, something else is probably the issue, did you try another computer?
25th August 2019, 04:46 PM |#31  

More
Quote:

Wait don't go wasting your money on another cable, if yours is original and isn't damaged it should work, something else is probably the issue, did you try another computer?

Wait, you guys just connect it directly via the original cable? Oh my, I go thru the longer route, by using bluetooth, then redirect the debugging thru the phone Just try to connect it and it detects just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffen_W.

Thanks

I use original cable and it immediately detected. Typed in adb devices, shows up unauthorized. Tap always authorize and I can issue any other adb command already. Make sure you have the latest adb driver, probably old one can't detect the watch.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)