FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Make your Ticwatch smoother than ever disabling TicSystem via ADB!

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

Post Reply Email Thread
26th October 2019, 05:58 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Excellent - was just about to get rid of my Ticwatch E but will give it a second chance. Another tip is to disable the 'OK Google dectection' in settings/personalisation. For the ticwatch E, I disabled the following in the 'apps' settings on the watch:
Fitness
Health
Mobvoi Account
Step Ranking
Ticwatch

and I disabled Ticsystem via the OP. I also disabled the following two packages:
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.mobvoi.wear.social.aw
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.mobvoi.wear.watchface.aw

'Ambient mode' appears to be 'com.google.android.wearable.ambient', which is not a Mobvoi bloat-app, so I'd be cautious disabling that one. Again, I'm working with a Ticwatch E, so the Ticwatch Pro may well have something different.
The Following User Says Thank You to angriest For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift angriest Ad-Free
29th October 2019, 01:16 PM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi all. I'm not sure how I fixed it in the first place but until yesterday my LCD screen (not in essential mode - just regular use with always-on set to off) showed just the time and date. It didn't show the step counter. Either it was through setting, or maybe when I manually disabled and force stopped some of the tic apps (I did it to save battery life but maybe one of the side effects was this)/ Since this morning I see the step counter as well. I looked through the settings but didn't find the place to turn it off again. Can someone please guide me what to do?
16th November 2019, 12:59 AM |#53  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
[Ticwatch Pro 4G]

I did a quick science to figure out which apps lead to which functionality. This is obviously not a comprehensive list, but may explain a few things. Apps that I disabled I marked "Disabled" otherwise I kept them enabled to maintain the functions that I liked. I am not using Mobvoi's health tracking services and instead am using Google Fit, but I wanted to keep the speaker-clearing and SOS functions. I like the Mobvoi watch faces, but can't abide the lag that the bloat ware causes.

com.mobvoi.wear.privacy.aw (Disabled)
- Required to enable/disable mobvoi permissions
- Disable all permissions (turn off all toggles in the watch app) before disabling this and it will hide the step counter on the essential mode watch face

com.mobvoi.ticwatch.jupiter.home (Disabled)
- ?

com.mobvoi.wear.fitness.aw
- Required for step/heart rate on Ticwatch watch faces (and essential screen probably)
- Required for sonic water-clearing of speaker (in bottom-right button long-press menu)

com.mobvoi.wear.sos
- Required for SOS feature (in bottom-right button long-press menu)

com.mobvoi.wear.lpa.aw
- Not able to disable, so it must be important

com.mobvoi.wear.mcuservice.aw
- Required for long-press bottom-right button

com.mobvoi.wear.account.aw (Disabled)
- Required for mobvoi account access

com.mobvoi.wear.appsservice (Disabled)
- Not sure what this does exactly

com.mobvoi.wear.health.aw (Disabled)
- Required for health data for certain Mobvoi watch faces (will lead to a black screen on Zoran watch face if you press the heart-rate button for example)

com.mobvoi.companion.aw (Disabled)
- Required for companion app

com.mobvoi.wear.watchface.aw (Disabled)
- Required for Mobvoi watch faces

com.mobvoi.wear.system.aw
- Required for bottom-right button long-press menu
19th November 2019, 12:46 PM |#54  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by angriest

'Ambient mode' appears to be 'com.google.android.wearable.ambient', which is not a Mobvoi bloat-app, so I'd be cautious disabling that one. Again, I'm working with a Ticwatch E, so the Ticwatch Pro may well have something different.

Edit: Tested once more and it seems to be the regular Ambient Mode used by device so killing not recommended.

Ambient mode seems to be that "Dim Mode" that only way I know to enable is using Ultimate Watchface 2 shortcut. It brings brightness to a very low level and I think it is the predecessor of the current ambient mode.

When I disabled it via watch settings covering the watch with palm didn't enable it back on again, when tried to use Dim Mode in watchface shortcut it took way longer than usual and that package was enabled again.

So I think it's safe to disable. It can be done via settings and seems to stay disabled anyway.
21st November 2019, 03:43 PM |#55  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandron

[Ticwatch Pro 4G]
com.mobvoi.wear.privacy.aw (Disabled)
- Required to enable/disable mobvoi permissions
- Disable all permissions (turn off all toggles in the watch app) before disabling this and it will hide the step counter on the essential mode watch face

Hi
I've disabled the Mobvoi app after revoking all its permission through the watch interface, however I still get the step counter (and with to get rid of it).
Any suggestions?
21st November 2019, 09:21 PM |#56  
Thanks Meter: 1,492

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elotan

Hi
I've disabled the Mobvoi app after revoking all its permission through the watch interface, however I still get the step counter (and with to get rid of it).
Any suggestions?

Are you using any other app? Like Google fit? If you are that would start counting steps instead of mobvoi apps.
21st November 2019, 11:58 PM |#57  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by borijess

Are you using any other app? Like Google fit? If you are that would start counting steps instead of mobvoi apps.

I have google fit installed on my watch but I am not using it, nor being able to remove it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)