FORUMS

I found another way to boost TicWatch performance (this time around 2.5 times)

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By Honza368, Junior Member on 16th September 2020, 04:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Do not worry, this is not the old TicSystem trick - this is better

/!\ Only for TicWatch Users /!\

Hello,

While attempting to change my Wear OS accent color via ADB, I discovered a way to speed up the watch around 2.5 times (measurements done lazily, could be wrong. Still makes it faster, though.) - It does not cripple the watch at all (I have not tested battery life)

While everyone knows the one with disabling TicSystem (for you curious souls, it does not cripple the watch at all), I believe I may be the first one to do this. It revolves around Mobvoi's Wear OS overlay. Doing this trick made my watch really fast. The watch is around 2.5 times more responsive now and no matter what I do, I can not get the watch performance to slow, as it normally would.

It runs even better if you disable TicSystem too (Bottom power menu - you can literally use the top power menu instead, if you remove TicSystem)

Here is a step by step instructional tutorial:
1.) Enable Developer Options
---
2.) Disable All Animations (you can enable those again later)
---
3.) Enable ADB Debugging
---
4.) Hook your Watch up to your computer with ADB and all that stuff (I really do not want to go in depth on how to hook up your watch to your PC, You can google that)
---
5.) Type "adb devices" to connect your watch and start daemon
---
6.) Type "adb shell cmd overlay list"
---
7.) If there is a com.mobvoi.ticwatch.jupiter.home (or something containing the same words in a different order) continue with this guide. If there is not, leave this guide
---
8.) Type "adb shell cmd overlay disable com.mobvoi.ticwatch.jupiter.home"
(or however else your overlay is called)
---
9.) Type "adb reboot"
to reboot the watch
---
OPTIONAL 10. Enable animations again)

---

That is it, the watch now runs very much faster without any usability difference. To be honest, I am still not exactly sure why it works, but it works.
I have been doing a lot of testing and I just can not find anything that went wrong when I disabled it. There simply seems to be nothing. Everything works.

If some issue does come up, please let me know. Also, if there is an issue, you can just reproduce all the steps here, but replace the command in step #8 with "adb shell cmd overlay enable com.mobvoi.ticwatch.jupiter.home"

(Also, if any other fellow android developers are reading this, please help me understand why in the world uninstalling the package itself slows the watch down again. I have been scratching my head at this for a while now. Maybe it is placebo?)
(Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage to your watch. Even if this is unlikely to cause any damage, you are responsible for anything that might happen)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Honza368 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Honza368 Ad-Free
19th September 2020, 09:01 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 444

More
I don't have those mobvoi overlay, only google's
Code:
com.google.android.gms
[x] com.google.android.wearable.overlay.gms

com.google.android.wearable.app
[x] com.google.android.wearable.overlay.home
I don't feel lag actually since the first I use ticwatch E, of course after disable most system app. The latest change only to disable ticsystem which render the battery life longer, approx 20%.
The Following User Says Thank You to Desmanto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Desmanto Ad-Free
19th September 2020, 10:18 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
You most likely just disabled the Jupiter home app. This guide is directed at people, who do not want to get rid of the whole Mobvoi experience, but still want a faster watch
21st September 2020, 07:38 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 444

More
I only disabled these
com.mobvoi.companion.aw
com.mobvoi.wear.account.aw
com.mobvoi.wear.fitness.aw
com.mobvoi.wear.health.aw
com.mobvoi.wear.heartrate.aw
com.mobvoi.wear.social.aw
com.mobvoi.wear.system.aw

It seems the jupiter home app only available in ticwatch pro, not in my ticwatch e.

Thanks for the sharing.
7th November 2020, 03:09 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
with your method. i lost esential mode
14th November 2020, 06:45 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Clarification
I am just adding an update here.
There is no correlation between essential mode and the Jupiter app. The person who said this was simply making it up.

Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Honza368 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Honza368 Ad-Free
14th November 2020, 08:40 PM |#7  
Flag Canada
Thanks Meter: 795

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza368

I am just adding an update here.
There is no correlation between essential mode and the Jupiter app. The person who said this was simply making it up.

Thank you.

Confirmed.
16th November 2020, 08:59 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I can't seem to find mobvoi overlay on my ticwatch S

In something unrelated, I wanted to ask if anyone could share the latest ticpulse apk, as my one doesn't update through the play store anymore
Yesterday, 12:42 PM |#9  
Flag Split
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I've deleted all from com.mobvoi packages, and lost essential mode/second screen with always on display on TicWatch PRO3. Anyone konw how's called a packgage which controls essential/second screen.

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)