FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] [Notifications] Watch Droid Assistant - Wear OS

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 30

By Lumatic, Junior Member on 15th April 2019, 05:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Watch Droid is a simple application for handling notifications in smartwatch with Android that since version 11.0 has been compiled for Wear OS.
How does it work:
Install "Watch Droid Phone" on your phone.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...atchdroidphone

Install "Watch Droid Assistent - Wear OS" on the smartwatch.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ssistantwearos

Verify that both devices have bluetooth enabled.
Login to "Watch Droid Phone" and follow the steps of the assistant in configuration

The operation is simple and can not exceed that of Wear OS but has some features that may be useful:

Notifications:
After giving permission for the management of phone notifications and selecting the applications that you want to control, you can answer them from the smartwatch.
In the options of the phone application you will have the possibility to modify your predefined answers, delete or add.
If the notification has the possibility of being answered, the button will appear to be able to select one of your predetermined answers, keyboard or voice dictation (if the smartwatch has the possibility).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jQ6CeQs-8Y

Receive multimedia notifications such as audio files, images or video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9xE1OFhABU

Music:
In the music option you can:
* Open the default player of your phone.
* Skip the topic, pause or play it.
* Raise or lower the multimedia volume of the phone.

Share files:
* Select the file to send.
* Select the location on your smartwatch.
* Send your file.

Camera control:
*Take a picture
* Retard 3 sec
* Change from back to front camera
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lumatic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lumatic Ad-Free
30th June 2019, 08:46 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks!
6th July 2019, 07:50 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 252

More
Hello,

I use this for receiving and listening to WA voice messages and it works perfectly, thanks for that!

Is it possible to record voice messages and send them?
Couldn't find the option so far. This will make it perfect for me.

Cheers

Sent from my Google Pixel using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Sgace For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sgace Ad-Free
9th July 2019, 12:29 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Thank you for your comment, unfortunately in the response of a notification you can only enter text, it is not possible to respond with an audio directly, that's why I give the option of voice dictation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lumatic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lumatic Ad-Free
12th July 2019, 08:47 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 252

More
Thank you for the explenation.

Cheers

Sent from my Google Pixel using XDA Labs
1st August 2019, 03:30 AM |#6  
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 4

More
App looks great my man I just downloaded it. Played with ot a little amd seems, its going to he awsome will test out lore tomorrow. Thanks a million.
22nd September 2019, 04:24 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumatic

Thank you for your comment, unfortunately in the response of a notification you can only enter text, it is not possible to respond with an audio directly, that's why I give the option of voice dictation.

Is it also possible to answer a call on watches with audio ( ticwatch E wear os)? I mean talking with the watch? Because if this app could override the super buggy calls on wear os and also be faster to notify would be great
25th September 2019, 01:39 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel85

Is it also possible to answer a call on watches with audio ( ticwatch E wear os)? I mean talking with the watch? Because if this app could override the super buggy calls on wear os and also be faster to notify would be great

No, unfortunately this is not possible, Watch Droid does not control the transmission of audio between the devices, that is controlled internally by the same firmware of the smartwatch.
29th September 2019, 04:48 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Lumatic, just wondering... On Android Wear (I have a Fossil Gen 5 and a basically another Fossil (Michael Kors), when you get a notification and read it on the watch, in Wear Os, it removes the notification icon on the phone which is a good thing so you don't think you still have an unread notification. Wear Os does this but not Watch Droid. Is it something that you think might happen to do in a near futur? Customizable like other options "When notification is read from watch, remove notification icon on phone"?. Because it's in my opinion a very valuable thing in Wear OS that it does this.
2nd October 2019, 03:03 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoOlSlY

Lumatic, just wondering... On Android Wear (I have a Fossil Gen 5 and a basically another Fossil (Michael Kors), when you get a notification and read it on the watch, in Wear Os, it removes the notification icon on the phone which is a good thing so you don't think you still have an unread notification. Wear Os does this but not Watch Droid. Is it something that you think might happen to do in a near futur? Customizable like other options "When notification is read from watch, remove notification icon on phone"?. Because it's in my opinion a very valuable thing in Wear OS that it does this.

This is not done automatically but you can discard the phone notification by the "Discard" adoption among the notification options.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)