FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android Wear Pip-boy

343 posts
Thanks Meter: 67

By aligatro2010, Senior Member on 9th December 2015, 04:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
For those who don't know what I am talking about.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Pip-Boy_3000_Mark_IV
https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=...fallout+4+game

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...anionapp&hl=en

This is an android app that allows you to use your phone as pip-boy. It actually syncs with your game, so all information is real-time and, yes, it works on our android wear devices!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151208_233047.jpg
Views:	5094
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	3569921   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151208_233103.jpg
Views:	5146
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	3569922   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151208_233245.jpg
Views:	5148
Size:	216.8 KB
ID:	3569924  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aligatro2010 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aligatro2010 Ad-Free

21st December 2015, 02:23 AM |#2  
Flag Russellville
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Do you have to side load it to the watch? I have it on my phone, but there is no option to open it on my zenwatch 2.
21st December 2015, 03:31 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcodejames

Do you have to side load it to the watch? I have it on my phone, but there is no option to open it on my zenwatch 2.

Yup, you need to extract apk and sideload it. Also, notice how it cuts off 40% of the app and clicking on the buttons is really hard as they are so small. So, its only good for showing off to your fallout 4 fan friends. Although, using the map for fast travel on the watch is not that bad.
[Added]
However, if you are really determined to have it showing fully, you can try playing with DPI values.
21st December 2015, 03:34 AM |#4  
Flag Russellville
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I figured it out. It keeps randomly closing for me though, and the left and right half of the screen are cut off. I'm new to sideloading apps to my wear device, so now I need to figure out how to remove it from my watch
21st December 2015, 04:42 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I figured it out. It keeps randomly closing for me though, and the left and right half of the screen are cut off. I'm new to sideloading apps to my wear device, so now I need to figure out how to remove it from my watch

I tried some of the methods posted on the net, but none seem to work. What you can try is to load TWRP recovery into your watch and just delete folder that contains works like falloutcompanionapp inside /data/app/. Or if you already rooted your watch, you can just access that folder without recovery.
21st December 2015, 09:41 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Quote:

Code:
adb shell
pm list packages -3
Copy+paste the packagename you want, then
Code:
pm uninstall <packagename>
exit
7th April 2016, 08:04 AM |#7  
Flag Antelope, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,105

Donate to Me
More
Let me guess.... the watch has to be rooted to sideload it?
7th April 2016, 10:00 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInDogSuit

Let me guess.... the watch has to be rooted to sideload it?

Don't guess - just try.
7th April 2016, 10:10 AM |#9  
Flag Antelope, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,105

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranf

Don't guess - just try.

I did some research, and it turns out I don't have to be rooted. Don't even need that special CAT5/USB cable that the Moto 360 requires. Just Sven's toolkit.
The Following User Says Thank You to GuyInDogSuit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GuyInDogSuit Ad-Free
18th May 2016, 12:36 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
That's right, you don't need a root to sideload apps. You just need to activate the adb mode in developer settings. Its best to use adb over USB since Bluetooth is so painfully slow.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)