Wear24 Questions and answers

Search This thread

adambomb_13

Jul 17, 2007
I'm new to android wear but not to android.
Just received the wear24 (love it so far)
I am on metro with an lg g5 7.1 nougat and watch is 7.1.1 android 2.0 android wear app 2.8
I can't figure out how to make and receive calls. How to answer texts and the messenger app keeps telling me to install messenger on my phone and sending me to the play store messenger download which says open because it is already installed.
Any insight or help would be great this watch is now cheap and flying off of the shelves so I figured this could be a good thread.
Basically what to do when you first get the wear24 and how to use it without Verizon.
Thanks

dandrumheller

Jul 10, 2010
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
I'm new to android wear but not to android.
Just received the wear24 (love it so far)
I am on metro with an lg g5 7.1 nougat and watch is 7.1.1 android 2.0 android wear app 2.8
I can't figure out how to make and receive calls. How to answer texts and the messenger app keeps telling me to install messenger on my phone and sending me to the play store messenger download which says open because it is already installed.
Any insight or help would be great this watch is now cheap and flying off of the shelves so I figured this could be a good thread.
Basically what to do when you first get the wear24 and how to use it without Verizon.
Thanks

There was a thread on Reddit regarding FB messenger. As of a couple days ago, the current beta version of FB messenger for the phone fixed the 'need to install' issue.

rdeets

Mar 28, 2009
Kansas City
So... I'm in a pickle.

My Wear 24 lost connection with my phone, and wouldn't reconnect. I disconnected and reset the watch, and when I went back to reconnect to my phone, the check mark and x won't appear when the pin pops up.

I've tried clear my Wear os app data and restarting my phone, and shutting down and resetting my watch multiple times, no dice.

I attached a pic for reference.

https://imgur.com/a/DUGugRR

c_86

Jul 16, 2011
Canada
www.cmsrm.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So... I'm in a pickle.

My Wear 24 lost connection with my phone, and wouldn't reconnect. I disconnected and reset the watch, and when I went back to reconnect to my phone, the check mark and x won't appear when the pin pops up.

I've tried clear my Wear os app data and restarting my phone, and shutting down and resetting my watch multiple times, no dice.

I attached a pic for reference.

https://imgur.com/a/DUGugRR

You have to go to the wear app and disconnect the watch from there. When try to repair via the wear app again. You only need to click yes to the PIN prompt on the phone. Not the watch

rdeets

Mar 28, 2009
Kansas City
You have to go to the wear app and disconnect the watch from there. When try to repair via the wear app again. You only need to click yes to the PIN prompt on the phone. Not the watch
I have disconnected the watch from the app. It shows me the new watch setup screen. That's what brings me to the watch pin.

scooter1979

Oct 10, 2010
Ypsi
I'm able to initiate calls from the watch, can hear them through the watch speakers, but the person I'm calling cannot hear me. Other voice commands to the watch work, so I know the mic works.

I've removed the VZ settings from the watch, and am using Bluetooth calling options via my Sprint phone.

Any ideas to fix the lack of sound from me during calls would be appreciated.

qkall

Jan 21, 2010
I wasn't sure where to put this but this seems appropriate - I've had a lot of issue with logging my google account. i tried wiping/deleting the account off my phone and everything. the only thing that worked was turning off my mobile data and trying with just a wifi connection through bluetooth.

tangojg

May 8, 2008
My watch is now on 2.12 after doing system upgrade...I keep reading about people being on 2.7 or 2.8....Why does my watch say it is up to date?

TurboFool

Jun 22, 2007
Culver City
Note that the Wear OS version and the Wear OS APP versions are completely separate. 2.7 and 2.8 refer to the app version. Still on your watch, but different from the OS itself.

at0607

May 11, 2013
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
I just got Wear24 several days ago from eBay for $50 and it already has problem. Since the very first moment of the first booting, it's lower half of the screen flashing/flickering white like crazy. It doesn't happen when it enters ambient mode. At first I thought it is the software issue, but after resetting and updating the watch to Wear OS 2.13, it still presents. I'm thinking of return it despite loving it.
Anyone having the same issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-27-09-54-23-139_com.google.android.apps.photos.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-27-09-54-23-139_com.google.android.apps.photos.png
    181.7 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts