FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Disable Touch To Wake

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By mark3180, Junior Member on 17th February 2015, 10:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Is there a way to disable touch to wake on my LG G Watch R?
I like to cross my arms and when wearing a t-shirt it constantly wakes the screen.
I want to avoid Theatre Mode as I want to be able to glance at the screen and see the time.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mark3180 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mark3180 Ad-Free

21st February 2015, 08:10 AM |#2  
Flag La Spezia
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark3180

I like to cross my arms and when wearing a t-shirt it constantly wakes the screen.
I want to avoid Theatre Mode as I want to be able to glance at the screen and see the time.

Thanks in advance

+1 intrested to this. I have a lg g watch r.

In Cinema Mode i have Touch2Wake disabled but watch dont show anything and does not vibrate. It becomes really useless if it does not vibrate In Cinema Mode.
20th March 2015, 04:36 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark3180

Thanks in advance

I am also searching for this
24th March 2015, 01:56 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've been looking everywhere for a solution to this. I hasn't even considered it as an issue, but just a couple of days is enough to make me realise this is a requirement. I can't believe it didn't come up in development! Aside from your own accidental touches, there's also the issue of inquisitive fingers from children touching that nice shiny screen... Tapping the side button to wake the screen would be perfect (whilst retaining the monochrome screen and notifications).
22nd May 2015, 08:36 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Cinema mode is really dumb. Just very poorly thought out. There has got to be a way to disable touch to wake. Or even enable vibrating notifications in cinema mode.
23rd May 2015, 12:27 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Tutorial Yes there is a way
First you have to install twrp on your watch. Because you need the acces to some files. When you have installed, start in recovery mode, and go to mount and press system. Connect your watch to your computer and open adb,
Quote:

adb root
adb push /system/usr/idc/sec_touchscreen.idc <choose where you want to have the file in your pc>

Make a copy of the file, and open it with notepad++ or other file editor. YOU will se a think like this
Quote:

# Copyright 2014 The Android Open Source Project
#
# Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
# you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
# You may obtain a copy of the License at
#
# http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
#
# Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
# distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
# WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
# See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
# limitations under the License.

#
# Input Device Calibration File for the Dory touch screen.
#

device.internal = 1

touch.deviceType = touchScreen
touch.orientationAware = 1
touch.wake = 1

So remove the part of ( touch.wake = 1 ) and save (make first a copy of the file), Go to adb
Quote:

adb pull <where you have the file> /system/usr/idc/

Restat the watch and you will se that the screen is not goin to turn off, pressing the button of your watch. Restart other time the watch and go to recovery.
With the copy of the file, mount other time system on twrp and go to adb
Quote:

adb pull <where you have the copy> /system/usr/idc/

Restart the watch other time. This work for my, but i am using an alpha for gear 2 neo with android, so probably this might be a bug.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dataonlycod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dataonlycod Ad-Free
24th May 2015, 01:24 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dataonlycod

First you have to install twrp on your watch. Because you need the acces to some files. When you have installed, start in recovery mode, and go to mount and press system. Connect your watch to your computer and open adb,
Make a copy of the file, and open it with notepad++ or other file editor. YOU will se a think like this

So remove the part of ( touch.wake = 1 ) and save (make first a copy of the file), Go to adb

Restat the watch and you will se that the screen is not goin to turn off, pressing the button of your watch. Restart other time the watch and go to recovery.
With the copy of the file, mount other time system on twrp and go to adb

Restart the watch other time. This work for my, but i am using an alpha for gear 2 neo with android, so probably this might be a bug.

After you restart the second time you can use the button to wake and not the touch screen?? I will try this then thank you.
24th May 2015, 11:44 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -RioT-

After you restart the second time you can use the button to wake and not the touch screen?? I will try this then thank you.

Yep you can use it to wake up the device. But as I say, make a backup because this happen with my alpha of the gear 2 neo, so probably this is not going to work with other devices. Just in case xD
5th June 2015, 10:44 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Works for me on LG G Watch R

The file name is different "synaptics_rmi4_i2c.idc"
Same edit, copied to sdcard and moved in recovery to /system/usr/idc/ as mentioned above.

I have swipe menu still available and I can swipe down for the quick toggles.
Button is used to wake (and I use screen always on)
Going to be interesting how this performs in the shower and in general. Thanks to the suggestion posted.
25th June 2015, 07:57 PM |#10  
Flag DFW
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Any update on this after using it for a while? Looking to apply this to my LG G watch R running the Urbane port.
26th June 2015, 12:25 AM |#11  
Flag DFW
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Ok well i tried it any ways and i still have the problem when my arms are crossed my arm starts doing things on my watch...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)