FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Verizon wear24 any way to unlock for use with other carrier?

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By jnasmith, Member on 6th December 2017, 03:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I just picked up a Verizon Wear24 for cheap. I'm a Project Fi user and would like to get rid of the verizon crap on the watch and link it more completely to my phone. I'm new to Android Wear but not to android. Is there a way to unlock AW and flash a more stock ROM?

6th December 2017, 03:46 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnasmith

I just picked up a Verizon Wear24 for cheap. I'm a Project Fi user and would like to get rid of the verizon crap on the watch and link it more completely to my phone. I'm new to Android Wear but not to android. Is there a way to unlock AW and flash a more stock ROM?

The SIM actually comes out in this if you take it apart enough. You can replace with any SIM of your choosing. The real problem is that the phone is limited on bands as it is just LTE band 13. Let's say you succeeded in adding bands, you would still have an issue entering APN settings as this menu is restricted.
8th December 2017, 05:03 PM |#3  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 303

Donate to Me
More
Without root you cannot add any bands. i did this with my tmobile lg g3 back in the day. while complicated it did work.

Has anyone rooted this watch?
12th December 2017, 03:04 PM |#4  

More
Adding bands to qualcomm you must patch rmt-storage or any modifications to the bands will revert
then you have to enable APN menu as adding new APN is disabled on this firmware.
15th December 2017, 03:41 PM |#5  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Since this watch was available at $80, a lot of people jump in to get one. Hopefully with time we get more developers to be involve. I'm looking to replace the bands. As of now I don't care about LATE. But I wish we can enable NFC for Android pay
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PesSarmiento For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PesSarmiento Ad-Free
15th December 2017, 07:32 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PesSarmiento

Since this watch was available at $80, a lot of people jump in to get one. Hopefully with time we get more developers to be involve. I'm looking to replace the bands. As of now I don't care about LATE. But I wish we can enable NFC for Android pay

Same here, working android pay would be great!
Would be nice to have separate forum for this model
15th December 2017, 08:08 PM |#7  

More
Ordered mine for $80 and received it today. It would be nice to see the developers work some magic on this thing. Don't like the fact its stuck on Verizon and all the Verizon bloat on it. I can live without LTE but would love to see the Verizon SMS app and stuff go.
The Following User Says Thank You to samt3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift samt3 Ad-Free
16th December 2017, 12:46 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samt3

Ordered mine for $80 and received it today. It would be nice to see the developers work some magic on this thing. Don't like the fact its stuck on Verizon and all the Verizon bloat on it. I can live without LTE but would love to see the Verizon SMS app and stuff go.

For now you can just disable the Message+ app in System apps. Also disable the cellular radio.
The Following User Says Thank You to lifeisfun For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lifeisfun Ad-Free
16th December 2017, 01:09 AM |#9  
Interesting approach, wonder if you can still send and receive texts with Message+ disabled?
16th December 2017, 11:12 AM |#10  

More
Working for me fine
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lifeisfun For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lifeisfun Ad-Free
17th December 2017, 02:47 AM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisfun

Working for me fine

That's great news. Can't wait to try.

This is one of the common review cons for the Wear24. Would be awesome if it was that easy
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
verizon-wear24

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)