BN Nook Tablet
|BN Nook Tablet|
|Model Number: See Page|
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Documentation
- 3 Firmware
- 4 Tools, Development and Guides
- 5 Source
The Barnes and Noble Nook Tablet is the sucessor to the Nook, Nook Simple Touch and Nook Color. This fourth generation device packs a dual-core OMAP4430 processor along with a 7" display and 16Gigs of internal storage. The nook tablet is based upon the Blaze Development board.
- Operating System: Google Android 2.3
- Processor: Ti OMAP4 4430 @1GHz (dual core, Cortex-A9)
- Display: 7" LCD (1024x600) Multi-touch input
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 16GB Internal Storage, Expandable to 32GB (via MicroSD)
- Connectivity: WLAN 802.11b/g/n
- Dimensions: 8.10 x 5.00 x 0.48 (206 x 127 x 12 mm)
- Weight: 14.10 oz (400 g)
- Battery: 11 hours (Wi-Fi off)
- GPU: PowerVR SGX540 @304Mhz
Introducing the Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet. The Nook Tablet is the second version of e-reader device by Barnes & Noble. It is a dual core 7-inch tablet with full-color *multitouch (capacitive) touchscreen input. The device is designed for full-color viewing of books, newspapers, magazines, and children's picture books.
- Our fastest, lightest tablet with the best entertainment displayed in stunning VividView™
- Movies, TV shows and music from the top names—Netflix, Hulu Plus™, Pandora® & more
- World's most advanced VividView™ 7" Touchscreen
- Over 2.5 million books, magazines, comics & kids' books
- Lightning fast Email, Web & smooth streaming video
- Thousands of must-have apps like Angry Birds and Epicurious
- Extra-long battery life—yet ultra-light and thin
- Always free NOOK support in-store
- Nook Tablet Official Website
This section covers Documentation of the Nook Tablet.
The Nook Tablet Hack Pack: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1411379
Discussion on bootloader bypass: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1378886
The Nook Tablet was released with firmware version 1.4.0. Upon discovery of a security hole, which allowed access to ADB and thereby allowed rooting as well as sideloading of apps, software version 1.4.1 was released
Firmware version 1.4.0
Version 1.4.0 is the initial release of the Nook Tablet firmware.
Installation instructions can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1402190
Firmware version 1.4.1
Version 1.4.1 provided "minor system enhancements", which removes several features.
Installation instructions can be found here: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Software-Updates-NOOK-Tablet/379003187
Firmware version 1.4.2
Source can be found here: http://images.barnesandnoble.com/PResources/download/Nook/source-code/nook_tablet_1-4-2.tar.gz
Firmware version 1.4.3
Source can be found here: http://images.barnesandnoble.com/PResources/download/Nook/source-code/nook_tablet_1-4-3.tar.gz
Tools, Development and Guides
This section covers tools and useful guides.
This section contains guides for the Nook tablet. See the Nook Tablet Development forum for more: http://forum.xda-developers.com/nook-tablet/development
Nook tablet unboxing video (Thanks to foxfire235)
How To Root Nook Tablet Step by Step and Demonstration Videos (by Albert Wertz)
Current Progress and Guides (Thanks to Loglud) This is a guide to enable ADB, install drivers and Root the Nook Tablet.
This section contains Nook Tablet specific tools.
HomeCatcher Redirect n Button to any Launcher (Thanks to gojimi)
App Manager How to use sideloaded apps with the stock Nook launcher
This section contains custom ROMS, Kernels and other user-experience related topics.
Internal Storage Based ROMs and Kernels
This section covers ROMs and Kernels which require modification to the Nook Tablet's internal storage CyanogenMod 7 Alpha for the Nook Tablet: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1481826
External Storage Based ROMs and Kernels
This section covers ROMs and Kernels which require an External SDCard.
The First Bootable SDCard for Nook Tablet: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1441930
In accordance with the GPL, B&N released Source Code