|Model Number: See Page|
Introduction to the HTC Mega / Touch 2
Standard Version (T3333)
This is a Windows Mobile device. It was the first HTC device with WM 6.5 and it´s one of the smallest devices from HTC. The phone features a 2.8" display, but has almost the same functions as the bigger devices. There are 4 hardware buttons at the front and one at the left side. The phone looks very stylish. There´s a classic HTC ExtUSB and a 3.5 mm JACK.
There are currently three versions of this phone in the wild. Check in Start > Settings > Device Info the T-Mobile version just states Touch 2 but this is the T3333.
Special Version (T3320)
More information at the HTC Website.
This version differs as it has no 3G/HSDPA and no internal GPS.
Non Camera Version (T3330)
There is also a version of the Touch2 without a camera. ROMs designed for this phone can be used on the other versions but the camera facility will not be built in.
- Review by GSMArena team.
- English translation of review of mobile-review.com.
- Review by PhoneArena.com
- Video review by PhoneArena.com
Taken from This Thread
- Connect your MEGA with your PC by USB cable and boot into Windows Mobile
- Wait until ActiveSync is ready (icon green)
- Run "flash-hardspl.bat" to flash the HardSPL. It will create a backup of your current SPL (called "spl-backup.bin") and creates a file "check.bin" in subdirectory "1" (for diagnostic purposes)
- The phone will be rebooted automatically
- You can now flash any cooked or original rom, splash screen or radio rom
- Use the attached custom ROM Upgrade Utility (RUU) flasher to flash roms or rom components
Notes 1: To check to see if the Hard SPL has worked, boot into the Tri-Colour bootloader (keep volume down pressed while you turn on or reset) and it will say "SPL 1.28.Hard".
Notes 2: If your device is application locked the batch file will run with errors. To app unlock your device Download PHM Registry Editor - v0.70 from here. The edit HKLM/Security/Policies/Policies/00001001 if set to dword:2, change it to dword:1.
Notes 3: To HSPL a T-Mobile branded rom, run the utility "flash-stock-1.28.0000.bat" before hand, then reboot and then run "flash-hardspl.bat". As the T-Mobile SPL is 1.32 and the utility for HardSPL doesn't downgrade on all occasions.
Visit Shipped-Roms for a more up to date list.
These ROMs are listed in no particular order.
Taken from This Thread.
- Flash Hard SPL if it isn't already done
- Download the Rom Update Utility (below)
- Download the radio of your choice and put the file inside the RUU folder
- Flash and enjoy!
- 22.214.171.124 download from MultiUpload or here
- 126.96.36.199 download from MultiUpload or here
- 188.8.131.52 download from MultiUpload or here
- 3.49.25.05 download from MultiUpload or here
- 184.108.40.206 download from MultiUpload or here
Android Development has currently ceased. Have a look over at htc-linux.
Just to keep resources in one place:
- HaRET for MSM7225 can be downloaded over on the forums.
- Discussion about porting over at linuxtogo.
- zImage Bahamas is downloadable here.
The HTC Click has pretty much the exact same hardware as the Mega so that kernel is probably the place to start. Others have mentioned the main issue being with the MSM7225 Chip not being supported by HaRET?
Also read these treads:
Please don't ask if this port will ever happen, as everybody asking and nobody doing means nothing gets done. Think before you post asking for android and maybe learn how to develop it yourself!
A small red recessed button located under the stylus on the back of the phone, under the cover.
While phone is on:
Hold Volume up + Volume down & press Reset button
While phone is Off
Hold Volume up + Volume down & press power button