|Model Number: See Page|
HTC S710 / HTC S711 / Dopod C500 / Dopod C730 / Vodafone VDA V / Vodafone v1415 / Vodafone v7505 / SFR S710 / Orange SPV E650 / Swisscom XPA v1415
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard
- Small and lightweight with auto-sliding full keyboard
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- Stereo Bluetooth® 2.0 and Wi-Fi® (TI 6300 Bluetooth|,TNETW1251 for WiFi)
- 2.4inch colour TFT LCD screen (Hitachi TX06D10VM0AAA)
- 2.0 megapixel camera (Lite-On DCM-200MES)
- 5-way navigation control
- Microsoft Windows Media Player Mobile and Windows Live
- HTC ExtUSBTM cable for PC connectivity (USB 1.1 / Headphone / Charger)
- ROM 128MB, RAM 64MB
- TI OMAP850 CPU 200 MHz (running at 180 MHz by default)
- microSDTM slot
Specs & Comparisons
- HTC S710 (HTC Vox) specs on smartphonedb.net
- Comparison Table: Vodafone v1415, Vodafone VDA V, Orange SPV E650, HTC S710,Dopod C730
HTC Information and datasheets:
- First WM6 Smartphone
- First ever Microsoft phone with numeric keyboard and qwerty keyboard
- 2.0 megapixel camera (it has no flash)
- Standard mini usb for syncing and charging
- Has WiFi
Negative Points/Missing Features
- Not 3G
- Cleartype is blurry in landscape
- VOIP support is missing in the current ROMs
- Screen scratches too easily
- A bit slow switching to landscape
- Windows Update is blocked (fixed with ROM update 1.34.405.1)
- The rubber sealings expand over time
==VoIP== VoIP support is included in WM6 Standard Edition but is not enabled in the HTC ROM.
- To Enable it download and install the WM6VoIP.CAB.
- Follow the instructions on this thread
- Customize the IPDialplan.xml in your windows directory (more details would be appreciated)
- Reboot your device and Settings->Phone->Internet Calling set the option "Whenever available"
- After you enable Wifi you should see a small icon in the top indicating that you phone has logged in to your SIP provider.
- Now you should be able to receive and make calls.
- How to dump the Rom
- How to cook a ROM
- How to use a patched SPL in order to flash cooked ROMs
- How to flash a ROM/Radio / Flash from SD-Card
- How to extract a Radio from a ROM and make it flashable
- How to Hard Reset. If you cannot run program to hard reset form "Expert" folder. Turn off your phone, then press both soft keys next to D-Pad and power on device. After moment release both soft keys. On the black screen asking for confirmation press "green phone" button and wait couple minutes for phone to initialize
- How to app-unlock the phone : use Microsoft Security Configuration Manager.
Tips & Tricks
Built-in Engineering Display. Press *#*#364#*#* to open a simple display of GSM, AMR & GPRS signal details. Press Done softkey to exit. Works on Vodafone V1415 and HTC S710 WWE, not verified on other versions.
Tested this on GER Version and works as well.
- To store attachment on SD change two keys in HKLM\System\Inbox\Settings as you wish:
#PropertyPath=\Storage Card\Inbox #AttachPath=\Storage Card\Inbox\Attachments
- Change Pocket IE Homepage:
HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/AboutURLs/home_0410 Change the homepage to whatever you want.
- Backlight issue:
many of you may encounter some problems regarding backlight after installing TOMTOM or TCMP. To solve this, just modify the registry key HKCU / Control Panel / Power
> new dword "display"> value 30 (or 60 for 1 min, ...)
- Using the v0.4 ROM from Frauhottelmann & OMAPClock you can have a stable phone at 264MHz although to get there you do have to step through from 186 - 226 - 264MHz. This is the method used with the Tornado Power Control program. This should work with all ROMs but it is dependant on the processor. It will shorten battery life but it makes for a much more usable device.