BN Nook Simple Touch/Updating
Updating is the process of installing new Barnes & Noble system software on the Nook Simple Touch.
There are three ways to do this:
- Wait for an Over-the-Air (OTA) update to do it automatically.
- Download an update from the Barnes & Noble website (link below). Follow instructions there.
- Force your Nook to update to the latest software by following these steps.
- Turn your Nook all the way off.
- Turn it back on.
- When the screen flashes white, start holding the two side hardware buttons on the right side.
- You will need to wait about 30 seconds for something to happen.
- Your Nook will then automatically update to 1.2.1.
Obtainable by factory resetting using the interrupted-boot method. See this webpage for instructions.
Here are two options, they should both be the same file. If one doesn't work, try the other one.