My Storm is dead

Search This thread

PeFi108

Mar 20, 2017
The same story in a different country

Hi there,
one year of checking out, building each CM and trying out any CMOS:
After I tried to restore a full Backup in TWRP 3.0.2-0 of my Wileyfox Storm (should be called 'Wind') hung in the middle of nothing after reboot.
No recovery, no fastboot, no logo - just the little red light when recharging from 'zero'. (Battery wasn't empty). Connected to my PC it shows '05c6:9008 Qualcomm, Inc. Gobi Wireless Modem (QDL mode)'.
I got some stock roms of CMOS. But without fastboot you are helpless. I tried already unplugging the battery, playing around with the hardware buttons - just darkness. I searched all the serious places (GitHub, Xda, Cyanogen just died, Wileyfox has no support for my Storm, LineageOs is to young for my problem). No working hack or hint.
I downloaded already all useful tools (QFIL, Qualcommdrv etc). And my phone is perfectly recognized as 'QDLoader 9008 (Com5)' in my VirtualBox by QFIL running MS Windows.
Just the appropriate files are missed for my Storm (prog_emmc_firehose_???.mbn, ????_msimage.mbn, raw-file, patch-file).

If you by accident can tell me a place or provide me a link to those essentials of unbricking my Wileyfox Storm I'd be very associated with you.

P.S.: That incident led my to the decision to buy a brand new OnePlus 3T recently.
As Mario mentioned in his review that nugget is just incredible for that price of 439€.

However, I'd like to bring my Storm (Wind) back to life since I can't imagine to throw things away.

Greetings from Germany
Peter

Last edited:

isla_blanca

Nov 4, 2009
I'm in Egypt
When i googled my problem i found the same happend with oneplus one phones,
The problem was hard brick due to wrong rom, and windows can see the phone only as Cualcomm hs-usb Qdloader 9008, same as my case. And the problem solved for the oneplus one, so I have some hope that my phone will come back to life.

hi kazparoph
i've same problem with my storm, no bootloader and only qualcomm com port...
can you help me to find the way to unbrick my storm?
or a complete guide to use qfil or some similar?
or can someone, uploading a complete EMMC dump of the storm?, searching on xda have find a guide or some similar to make the rawprogram0.xml and the other file necessary for flash..

thank you.

Last edited:

Pegem

Mar 7, 2018
Dead storm!

I have the same problems, downloaded the storm stock ROM and Qualcomm tools. I'm getting the PC to recognise the phone, or the processor! But I'm getting Sahara fail and no download!

Help!!:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's OS you're using?
    Plug usb and try two vol button in same time, tell me if vibrate, if not let it charge during 1 hour and retry
    I'm in Egypt
    When i googled my problem i found the same happend with oneplus one phones,
    The problem was hard brick due to wrong rom, and windows can see the phone only as Cualcomm hs-usb Qdloader 9008, same as my case. And the problem solved for the oneplus one, so I have some hope that my phone will come back to life.

Good news, if your problem is solved please post how you do on this thread or new to explain the tutoriel