FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[SOLVED] Swift stuck on boot, no recovery, fastboot works

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Erdbeerfrosch, Junior Member on 7th October 2016, 09:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello there,

we have here a Swift that is stuck on a starting screen since an attempt to downgrade from Cyanogenos 13.1 to Cyanogenmod 12.1. Bootloader ist unlocked and to my knowledge only the recovery was flashed via fastboot.
As soon as the USB cable is connected, the screen goes on with "Wileyfox(with logo) powered by android" and remains there.
Luckily fastboot works, but I can't get into recovery. Neither by selecting "reboot into recovery" from fastboot nor by "Vol-" + "Power".

I tried to reflash Cyanogenos 13 via fastboot as it was suggested in several threads (i.e. unzip and flash the different files step by step). Fastboot always stated success, but no luck... Still the same starting screen.
I even tried flashing TWRP recovery, no change either.

Is there something else I can try?

Thank you all

SOLVED: I was persistent: one other threads regarding a lenovo phone suggested to hold down Power and VolDn continuously for several minutes. After about a minute or so and multiple (min. 15x) power off/ons to the "powered by android" screen, I finally got into TWRP! After a format /data I was able to flash the desired CM.
I hope this helps others with similar problems

11th March 2017, 04:26 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdbeerfrosch

Hello there,

we have here a Swift that is stuck on a starting screen since an attempt to downgrade from Cyanogenos 13.1 to Cyanogenmod 12.1. Bootloader ist unlocked and to my knowledge only the recovery was flashed via fastboot.
As soon as the USB cable is connected, the screen goes on with "Wileyfox(with logo) powered by android" and remains there.
Luckily fastboot works, but I can't get into recovery. Neither by selecting "reboot into recovery" from fastboot nor by "Vol-" + "Power".

I tried to reflash Cyanogenos 13 via fastboot as it was suggested in several threads (i.e. unzip and flash the different files step by step). Fastboot always stated success, but no luck... Still the same starting screen.
I even tried flashing TWRP recovery, no change either.

Is there something else I can try?

Thank you all

SOLVED: I was persistent: one other threads regarding a lenovo phone suggested to hold down Power and VolDn continuously for several minutes. After about a minute or so and multiple (min. 15x) power off/ons to the "powered by android" screen, I finally got into TWRP! After a format /data I was able to flash the desired CM.
I hope this helps others with similar problems

I've got the same problem. How id you solve yours?
23rd November 2017, 09:48 PM |#3  

More
I did hold the VolumeDown+Power buttons for 5 minutes and I did not get into recovery at all (this was with latest TWRP version 3.1.1-0)

Then I thought it could be the TWRP version, and I tried 3.0.3-0 and finally 3.0.0-0.
After flashing 3.0.0-0 I typed "fastboot reboot" and immediately after pressed VolumeDown+Power on the phone and ... finally was in recovery mode, where I could install microG's lineageos version.
10th December 2017, 05:50 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cweiske

I did hold the VolumeDown+Power buttons for 5 minutes and I did not get into recovery at all (this was with latest TWRP version 3.1.1-0)

Then I thought it could be the TWRP version, and I tried 3.0.3-0 and finally 3.0.0-0.
After flashing 3.0.0-0 I typed "fastboot reboot" and immediately after pressed VolumeDown+Power on the phone and ... finally was in recovery mode, where I could install microG's lineageos version.

hi could you post exactly what you did line by line inc code plz i have twrp 3 img just need to get it over i must be typing something wrong.

thanks
13th April 2018, 09:34 AM |#5  

More
im having a problem, my phone wont go out of fast boot mode, tried everything
Any suggestions??
18th October 2018, 10:05 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Here is the correct fix, at least it worked for me,
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=66158015
The Following User Says Thank You to yaturner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yaturner Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)