By jrior001, Senior Member on 15th April 2019, 01:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
Installation:
If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended TWRP recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
Install LineageOS on crackling
IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY RUNNING LINEAGE 15.1 w/ENCRYPTION A FULL DATA FORMAT WILL BE REQUIRED TO MOVE TO 16.0. AN ISSUE WITH ENCRYPTION WAS FOUND IN 15.1 THAT CANNOT BE CORRECTED WITHOUT A FULL FORMAT

Official Download link:
LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
Open GApps (choose the variant you want)

Changelog:
Changes for crackling

Bug reports:
How to submit a bug report

Donate to support development:
Donate via PayPal to jrior001
Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS, ROM for the Wileyfox Swift

Contributors
jrior001, mikeioannina, 115ek
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2019-04-15
Last Updated 2020-03-29
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jrior001 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrior001 Ad-Free
16th April 2019, 02:18 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
@jrior001 Thats great news. Thanks for all your hard work! Much appreciated.

Can you say some words about the encryption problem? What was wrong with LOS' 15.1 way of doing it?
I saw you reverted the GPS blobs. Does that mean GPS fixing is faster now?

Edit: As to my question that I posted initially: Seems the problem is in front of the screen, found the answer already...
16th April 2019, 02:44 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Va Beach
Thanks Meter: 8,788

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morita11

@jrior001

Can you say some words about the encryption problem? What was wrong with LOS' 15.1 way of doing it?

I saw you reverted the GPS blobs. Does that mean GPS fixing is faster now?

We missed a change in 15.1 prior to it shipping that pretty much put every legacy device using he encryption in a bad place that can't be recovered from.

For gps, yes it does seem to be locking faster and tracking better while driving.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk
16th April 2019, 02:49 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Patiently waiting for feedback before I update the phone of my wife. She's still using LOS 14.1, is it possible to update to LOS 16 (the phone is encrypted)?
16th April 2019, 02:51 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Va Beach

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obscurax

Patiently waiting for feedback before I update the phone of my wife. She's still using LOS 14.1, is it possible to update to LOS 16 (the phone is encrypted)?

Its possible that may work, but it is not a tested and supported upgrade scenario. I would highly advise taking every necessary backup precaution should you attempt that.

The Following User Says Thank You to jrior001 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrior001 Ad-Free
17th April 2019, 01:27 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
What is the latest bootloader LineageOS works with?
I can confirm that it doesn't boot when coming from the last stock firmware:
Code:
ro.build.display.id=TOS373K - N2G48B
17th April 2019, 07:58 PM |#7  

More
Regarding TWRP
Thanks a lot @jrior001 for giving us LineageOS 16!

Before I update, I have a few questions regarding TWRP:
  1. What's the difference between the TWRP version linked in the wiki and the official one? When upgrading to 15.1, the official version did not work
  2. Will TWRP be able to read encrypted partitions or does it still suffer form the problem you mentioned here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=111

Regards,
Zapp
17th April 2019, 08:14 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Va Beach

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zappbrannigan62

Thanks a lot @jrior001 for giving us LineageOS 16!

Before I update, I have a few questions regarding TWRP:

1. What's the difference between the TWRP version linked in the wiki and the official one? When upgrading to 15.1, the official version did not work
  2. Will TWRP be able to read encrypted partitions or does it still suffer form the problem you mentioned here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=111

Regards,

Zapp

The one from the wiki decrypts 16.0 and 14.1 but nothing will decrypt 15.1.

Keep in mind the big red note in the OP if you are encrypted on 15.1, a full wipe/format will be requited to move to 16.0.

19th April 2019, 03:42 PM |#9  
Flag St Gall
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Upgrading to 16 directly from 14.1 worked for me, no issue with encryption
The Following User Says Thank You to kabu83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kabu83 Ad-Free
21st April 2019, 07:03 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Awesome guys. Finally we have gps again. Thanks thanks thanks.

I did run into an issue today. I was making videos and photos of hawaiian hula performance and after that of my girlfriend with a beautiful hawaiian sunset in the background. It turned out to be to much beauty for the phone as it rebooted when trying to make a photo. After the phone turned on again all the videos and photos where nowhere to be found. That is all the info i can give at this moment. When i find out more i will give an update.

Update: The reboots occur very frequently when using the photo app. I have to say that I flashed over LOS 15.1. Am I the only one with these issues or can other people confirm the bug?
Update2: Just saw that I had HDR enabled. That might have been the problem.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArmiDuctor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ArmiDuctor Ad-Free
23rd April 2019, 09:52 AM |#11  

More
I got a similar problem:

after upgrading from 15.1 to 16.0 following the howto under - removed - I get sometimes - it doesn't seem to be correlated with the use of a certain app - a very annoying crash:

The display goes black, then it shows the Lock Screen for one second, then it goes dark again... and so on.
There is no other solution than opening the case, removing the battery, putting the battery back again and then starting the phone.

This is a really really annoying bug, much more annoying then the occasional reboots of LineageOS 15.1.

Please fix that. I am willing to support the develpers with any informations, if somebody tells me what to do.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)