Remove All Ads from XDA

[Dev][C#]Google Maps for Windows 10 Universal Platform

1,106 posts
Thanks Meter: 512

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone .
I started a new project for now it named Google Maps Unofficial. It's a C# based app that use MapControl to show Google Maps on the app not like other apps use a simple WebView or a HTML code behind .
I need some developers to help me in completing this project. .

Project Updates :
Update 4 : Now Version 1.35 Alpha is available and pervious versions removed from attachments. see the change log on post #15
Update 3 : Now you can download V1.20 Alpha in attachments and you can see details of this version at #13
this time app is available for both PC and Mobile Platforms (X86,X64 and ARM) maybe it should be deployed on XBOX and HoloLens too.
Update 2 : Now you can download V1.15 Alpha in attachments and you can see details of this version and known issues at #11
Update 1 : Now You can select region to download offline map.

Developers with this skills
MVVM knowledge , Google Maps APIs , MapControl and UWP Experience .

Projects on GitHub:
Current app on GitHub
https://github.com/NGame1/UWPGmaps
Class Library (SDK) for developers :
https://github.com/NGame1/UWPGmaps.SDK
NuGet library :https://www.nuget.org/packages/GMapsUWPSDK

I implemented some basics like showing map in satellite mode and normal road mode and traffic view .
everyone with the mentioned skills and ready to help please let me know in pm or here on topic .
Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2018-02-09_23-23-27.jpg
Views:	862
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	4415797   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2018-02-09_23-23-01.jpg
Views:	848
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	4415798   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2018-02-09_23-25-39.jpg
Views:	824
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	4415823   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2018-02-09_23-28-07.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	4415824  
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to ngame For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ngame Ad-Free

31st December 2017, 08:46 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
gMaps is a very good google maps client, the only problem is that offline navigation doesn't work. If you can't make that work in your app, then... Any effort is useless. But, don't let my comment discourage you to develop, but keep that in mind.
31st December 2017, 09:27 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mashad

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxJMarian

gMaps is a very good google maps client, the only problem is that offline navigation doesn't work. If you can't make that work in your app, then... Any effort is useless. But, don't let my comment discourage you to develop, but keep that in mind.

I implemented a class for offline using but there are some bugs presents.
but the first thing I'm looking for is offline map usage (at least map only without navigation)
If I solve the saving offline map I can look for things like offline finding directions and etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to ngame For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ngame Ad-Free
1st January 2018, 11:24 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
All the best
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngame

I implemented a class for offline using but there are some bugs presents.
but the first thing I'm looking for is offline map usage (at least map only without navigation)
If I solve the saving offline map I can look for things like offline finding directions and etc.

I may not help you in code as I am not a full-fledged developer. But I hope you get success in this project. This will be a very good contribution to our phones as the Windows Maps is bad after Creators update.
1st January 2018, 11:50 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mashad

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani64

I may not help you in code as I am not a full-fledged developer. But I hope you get success in this project. This will be a very good contribution to our phones as the Windows Maps is bad after Creators update.

yes exactly . after creators update windows maps get awful and exactly that's why I'm thinking about building this app .
I hate google but Microsoft forced me unfortunately
2nd January 2018, 09:57 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mashad

More
As an update for project detail I have to say I finally completed the offline map downloading .
You have to select a region for downloading the offline map and it will download .
Please let me know what you need to be prepared for the first release .
For now I need your basic needs (things you can't live without them lol)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GMAPOfflineSave.png
Views:	138
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	4377712  
3rd January 2018, 04:30 AM |#7  

More
Excited for release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngame

As an update for project detail I have to say I finally completed the offline map downloading .
You have to select a region for downloading the offline map and it will download .
Please let me know what you need to be prepared for the first release .
For now I need your basic needs (things you can't live without them lol)

I don't say I want these all features in first release. You can take your time . I want favorites places to save like Work and Home. And Yes.....organizing those saved places into collections just like on HERE Maps apps. Also driving and Voice navigation can be a part of it.
Wish you all the best for release.
3rd January 2018, 05:58 AM |#8  
Recognized Developer
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 781

Donate to Me
More
Good idea, my friend! Would you mind to create class library with NuGet package, and share sources on github? I believe this project might be interested for many devs (who still code stuff for UWP of course ).
3rd January 2018, 10:23 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mashad

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensboston

Good idea, my friend! Would you mind to create class library with NuGet package, and share sources on github? I believe this project might be interested for many devs (who still code stuff for UWP of course ).

I didn't share it on git hub but I will do it and also after a bit cI will share it as a DLL or Nuget package too .
I know many guys need this and love to use it in their apps
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ngame For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ngame Ad-Free
3rd January 2018, 02:03 PM |#10  

More
wao, good luck!
3rd January 2018, 09:21 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mashad

More
As a very soon pre-release I Will share you the appx on first post .
It contains :
Showing maps as I mentioned in default Road view and Satellite view
and it supports showing traffic and transit
It supports downloading offline map and if downloaded a region offline package if you are offline app automatically use offline map .
Known bugs and issues :
1 - Download Map page : when you select points, Pointers doesn't show the correct position that you selected (they stick to top left of map) but that's ok
2 - Download Map page : Progress Indicator fills many times until download complete, because it show progress of download in each zoom level that app trying to get and it's not showing really true value of progress! I mean it's not reliable at all!
For understanding when download complete wait until app show you Download Complete message
As this app is a very very very first alpha build do not select a large region for downloading offline maps. Please select a region like a City, not bigger. For example Mashhad, Khorasan Razavi, Iran offline map is about 22 - 35 MB (about ~7K to 9K files) depend on the exact region points you selected.
Because of large number of files to write it may takes very long to download much more than 30 - 40 MB but looking for some workarounds.

Good News Maybe :
if app crash ( I didn't see ) or you close app or etc. that cause canceling the map download You can re-select the region you selected before this time app only check for the files downloaded before and continue progress from un-downloaded content
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ngame For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ngame Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)